• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
So Nightwolf gets shafted again.
stopitslime.png

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The return of premium skins from Injustice 2 (as mentioned in the kombat pack description), has me really excited as we could get some underappreciated and forgotten characters in the game as skins now. Here's a couple I've thought of (yes I know some of these characters might not make it into the roster):

Kai skin for Liu Kang
Jarek/Kira skin for Kano
Reiko skin for Shao Kahn
Mavado skin for Kabal
Cyber Smoke skin for Human Smoke (or vice versa)
Cyber Sub Zero for Sub Zero

Just a couple off the top of my head but I'm mainly excited at the idea of hopefully getting Kai in the game, even as a skin.

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Tanya deserves main roster treatment after being so cool in X as a DLC character

Kenshi should be back again, Takeda was ultra lame

I hope Jax returns, X was the best he's ever been, but I think his story is over for now

Keep the dead characters from X dead for this one, they can come back later

OP
OP
Sento

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
we currently don't know whether by skins, they mean regular costumes or premier skins like I2. I'm hoping it's the former.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I wouldn't take anything Mcfarlane says as fact/confirmation. He also said Spawn was going to be in MKX.

Eh if I recall correctly he just said that NRS were given permission to use him so everyone drew the conclusion that he would be in X, and then people thought it would be IJ2. His latest comment seemed pretty blunt that he is definitely in but yeah he could just be talking out his ass.

Kenshi was DLC for 9 and returned to the main roster for X so I hope some X dlc are in at launch. I just want my boys Cyrax and Sektor but I highly doubt their return. I feel like Bo Rai Cho is a given and maybe Tanya but I dunno. With time travel being in play I hope characters that weren't in X but were in 9 return. Kabal definitely.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I personally love the new characters. Ferra/Tor and Kotal Khan were my two favorite characters from MKX. Can't wait to see the new blood NRS comes up with.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Normally i wouldnt think so but i think with gear in play there is a good chance that Kabal makes it in just for the reason alone how crazy they could get with his gear.

OP
OP
Sento

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
I just want the gears in this game to be actually costume pieces, not the same costume with different armors attached to it.

Deleted member 51306

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
I'm a Ninja guy. I usually learn all of them. Rain and Smoke were my mains for 9. Numbed they didn't make it in for X. I hope they make a return.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
Havik man.

Also Havik appeared in a lot of MK8 and MLX endings which gives me hope that NRD still see potential in him

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
The problem is that Havik is dead in this continuity and its sad because its the only good character that we get from Deception

1518761789880.jpg
Don't be sad

Nothing a little time travel can't fix.

Also it's a game full of resurrection . That have plenty of holes to bring him back

Speaking of that comic

That Conic made me want Reiko when he had the blood curse he looked sick! Because before that I always seen him as a Shao Khan lite.

Iirc the writer of that comic is now on the story team for MK11

OP
OP
Sento

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
Kronika
Geras
Sub-Zero
Skarlet
Baraka
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Sonya Blade

Who Else am I missing?

GeoNeo

Oct 26, 2017
Hope, reimagined Nightwolf comes back. Would be a great fit for this game.

Baraka looks out fucking standing.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When and where were these revealed to be playable?
Kabal was teased as being revealed on the Kombat kast stream later in the month
Cassie Cage has an intro scene cut into one of the trailers out in the wild
Kitana is featured in both cutscenes and in game art so I'm just making an assumption here
Rain was tweeted as SonicFox's main before quickly being pulled

Jan 11, 2018
Kitana is featured in both cutscenes and in game art so I'm just making an assumption here

Thanks!

Rain, Skarlet, Kenshi and Jade. That's all I ask. 2 out of 4 so far ain't bad.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017

Rain also looks like he might be in some game art like Kitana.

Jan 11, 2018
By the way, Switch isn't getting a Kollector's Edition?

This kind of smells like when they revealed MKX as a cross-gen game...

OP
OP
Sento

Sento

Nov 1, 2017
1. Raiden
2. Scorpion
3. Sub-Zero
4. Baraka
5. Skarlet
6. Sonya Blade
7. Geras
8. Liu Kang
9. Kitana
10. Cassie Cage
11. Kabal
12. Rain
13. Kung Lao

That's all of the confirmed characters so far. That means only 12 characters are left. Here's my picks.

14. Noob Saibot
15. Jade
16. Kotal Kahn
17. Takeda
18. Kenshi
19. Sindel
20. Jacqui Briggs
21. Smoke
22. Shang Tsung
23. Fujin
24. Frost
25. Cyrax

Dec 15, 2017
Hopefully Shang Tsung, Jackson Briggs, and Kurtis Stryker are confirmed. They have to be in, The first 2 are main characters in the franchise and Stryker was a beast in MK9. Just make space by getting rid of some Kombat Kids. Ex Takeda and Kung Jin died on the way to their home planet and won't be brought back to life.

MK has way too many characters, and as we are going to have a couple of guests from movies, there are going to be some fan favourites left out. It could be great if they could keep this game as a baseline and add characters to the game for a couple of years via DLC. That way, a 50 character roster should be feasible.

Jan 11, 2018
He's in every game. The only question is which other ninjas will appear. I think rain and noob are a lock since they weren't playable in X, but that might mean ermac isn't there.

He was listed as DLC in the supposed "leak", which so far seems to be very accurate (minus Skarlet, but she could have been a later addition to throw people off).

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I feel like Rain being in Sonicfox's profile might be a troll, similar to Rain's appearance in the UMK3 attract screen.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So with the rumor that the Kombat Pass has 6 DLC characters and a default roster of 25. That would mean 31 characters in total with the random select box making it an even 32 boxes on the character select screen? Unless of course NRS has already included the 6 DLC characters in the base roster but just greyed out like they were in MKX after numerous updates.

I'd prefer the former with a potential roster of 31 + Random Select.

The only question is being that has yet to be determined is if Shao Kahn is part of the Kombat Pass or not, or he in the same case as Goro being separate entirely.

MKX also had a starting roster of 24 + 8 from the two Kombat Passes (Goro was part of Kombat Pass 2 if you didn't pre-order or buy him separately)

So MK11 having 25 + 6 sounds about right? Or maybe we'll have another pass in the future pushing the roster to possibly 36?

Status
Not open for further replies.