• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
What are the chances of an Armageddon 2 game with ALL of the MK fighters so far? There are like, how many fighters? 80?

Jan 11, 2018
Also, the Krypt is back and probably with even more fucking jumpscares than ever :(

What are the chances of an Armageddon 2 game with ALL of the MK fighters so far? There are like, how many fighters? 80?

Please, no. MKT and Armageddon are some of the worst MK games. Unabalanced and messy.

Luckily, chances are extremely low. They'd have to scan new faces and make new animations and update moves for far too many characters for this to ever be a thing.

Jan 11, 2018
But no confirmation of Rain. And Kenshi might not return either.

I'm pretty sure the TER in the trophy leak is Terminator. But I hope I'm wrong. CET and KOL are probably new characters.

Jan 11, 2018
They could put a guest character in the base roster this time. Nothing stopping them from doing that. And Boon said no repeat DLC, didn't he?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I guess it's possible. We do live in the era of guest characters to hype up your game.
True. I'm not HUGE into guest characters (I almost always prefer in-universe characters instead), but if it's the RIGHT guest character, the hype can be infectious.

We'll see if we get anything nearly as unexpected yet satisfying as the Ninja Turtles showing up in Injustice.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
And the surprises would be other characters? Launch characters or DLC? Don't be stingy with the deets mang!

Sorry lol. Like I said, hopefully it's all true and I don't wanna get too specific as I'm gonna leave it up to those people if they wanna drop the deets here. Saying too much could get them in trouble possibly.

But yeah other surprises include a couple highly requested launch characters. One of them kinda kept under wraps until launch which makes sense given how NRS has done trailers/hype for big bads in the past. The other? Well I'm just gonna say my hype doubled.

:)

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Sorry lol. Like I said, hopefully it's all true and I don't wanna get too specific as I'm gonna leave it up to those people if they wanna drop the deets here. Saying too much could get them in trouble possibly.

But yeah other surprises include a couple highly requested launch characters. One of them kinda kept under wraps until launch which makes sense given how NRS has done trailers/hype for big bads in the past. The other? Well I'm just gonna say my hype doubled.

Is one of those characters an elder god, maybe?

giphy.gif

2shd

Oct 25, 2017

Doubled, huh? So people think the Shang Tsung rumor is legit?

They could put a guest character in the base roster this time. Nothing stopping them from doing that. And Boon said no repeat DLC, didn't he?

I was laughing off the idea of that being Terminator in the base roster until I remembered they're doing the whole time travel thing and Terminator is a time traveler. Could make a funny side bit in the story. Why not use him that way if they got the rights? I'm sure some MK fans would hate that though.

Last edited:

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Doubled, huh? So people think the Shang Tsung rumor is legit?

I was laughing off the idea of that being Terminator in the base roster until I remembered they're doing the whole time travel thing and Terminator is a time traveler. Could make a funny side bit in the story. Why not use him that way if they got the rights? I'm sure some MK fans would hate that though.

Terminator being base roster is so hilarious that I hope it happens. There's some truth to the rumor apparently. But that's not what I mean by doubled.

Oct 26, 2017
A guest character being on the base roster would be very interesting, as it hasn't been done since MK9. Even Injustice 1 and 2 has their guests as DLC.

It would certainly drum up the hype for those who are in it only for the guest characters.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
It finally happened. This is the final nail in Reptile's coffin after so many years of disrespect from NRS. From iconic ninja along with Scorpion and Sub Zero to worthless badly designed jobber who doesn't even make it into the base roster.

Yes I'm salty.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I've said it before but if Terminator is in I'd like:
Default skin
jqupmnl3

Premiere skin
ym4kre9n

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I'm 100% on team Steam leak.

Bring on the Terminator in the base roster for some time travel shenanigans in the story!

I want all the DLC characters to be time-traveler guests. Gimme all these:
220px-Michael_J._Fox_as_Marty_McFly_in_Back_to_the_Future%2C_1985.jpg

OHBOY.jpg

220px-Timecopposter.jpg

bill_tedbig1.jpg

Hot-Tub-Time-Machine-%E2%80%93-Iron-Maiden-Killers-T-Shirt1.jpg

and speaking of Iron Maiden:
91Hjcyp+beL._SS500_.jpg

I'm 100% serious, I want Eddie as a guest. Any version (or multiple).

Last edited:

Nihilus

Oct 28, 2017
Eddie will be really cool, we can have lots of different skins and special moves. And a really cool Iron Maiden themed stage. But never gonna happen... We are not in 80s/90s anymore sadly...

Btw most of the characters I care about are not in;
Sub
Scorp
Shang
Noob
Human smoke
Human reptile
Kenshi
Takeda

Last edited:

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Eddie will be really cool, we can have lots of different skins and special moves. And a really cool Iron Maiden themed stage. But never gonna happen... We are not in 80s/90s anymore sadly...

Yet we could still get Spawn :(
They also put in some outdated horror characters. MK was actually born during that period with plenty of long-term fans of both from that era. Both are still going too. Maiden had an Angry Birds crossover recently, a current mobile game, a new pinball machine (which Boon has to be aware of being a pinball guy) and comic and even a beer line making a killing. Don't underestimate how Maiden fans ravenously buy up anything Maiden.
Plus they had an MK reference in one of their videos a few years back that Boon acknowledged:

and Maiden's interactive director who does the comic and handles that stuff tweeted at Boon over a year ago that he'd be down to make something happen for MK. So the ball is in NRS' court.
I know it's still a stretch, but let me dream.

If not MK, he'd be a perfect fit for KI2 which is all about 90s monster tropes and metal where they could actually have music and a stage.

edit: Aw man, looks like Maiden's guy still trying to pitch Eddie to Boon:

Come on Ed, what are you waiting for.

Last edited:

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I could see Terminator being a base game character if NRS has a big media reveal event planned. It'd be a great way to put more eyes on the game right before launch. He obviously fits with the game's time traveling theme, and he was included in a WWE game a few years ago (complete with Arnold's likeness), so it seems like an easy enough IP to work with.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It finally happened. This is the final nail in Reptile's coffin after so many years of disrespect from NRS. From iconic ninja along with Scorpion and Sub Zero to worthless badly designed jobber who doesn't even make it into the base roster.

Yes I'm salty.
Welcome to MK: Deception's conversation from 15 years ago.
"Great, he went from iconic ninja to goofy lizard to not even being in the base roster."

He'll be back. Not the first time Reptile fans felt slighted.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the surprise face they were talking about is probably not Shang Tsung's movie actor but Arnie.
I could see Terminator being a base game character if NRS has a big media reveal event planned. It'd be a great way to put more eyes on the game right before launch. He obviously fits with the game's time traveling theme, and he was included in a WWE game a few years ago (complete with Arnold's likeness), so it seems like an easy enough IP to work with.

Yup. I'm convinced it's happening.

Jan 11, 2018
Welcome to MK: Deception's conversation from 15 years ago.
"Great, he went from iconic ninja to goofy lizard to not even being in the base roster."

He'll be back. Not the first time Reptile fans felt slighted.

I'm a bit sad he didn't get one of those premium skins like the other three ninjas in MKX. They probably felt like they had to split the mask for the movies where he's using his mouth but honestly I think fans would have been content with not seeing the mouth animation at all and just have a cool non-lizard looking skin for him for a change.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm a bit sad he didn't get one of those premium skins like the other three ninjas in MKX. They probably felt like they had to split the mask for the movies where he's using his mouth but honestly I think fans would have been content with not seeing the mouth animation at all and just have a cool non-lizard looking skin for him for a change.
I'll be honest, while human Reptile is cool and all... he hasn't had a human incarnation since 1995. He's been full-on reptilian since MK4 in 1997. It's been over 24 YEARS since human-skin Reptile. I think it's time to let it go.

Jan 11, 2018
I'll be honest, while human Reptile is cool and all... he hasn't had a human incarnation since 1995. He's been full-on reptilian since MK4 in 1997. It's been over 24 YEARS since human-skin Reptile. I think it's time to let it go.

I'm not one of those who can't let go. I just wish they'd give him some more human looking skins every now and then for old time's sake, since they are already so big on putting Klassic skins in their recent games. He was supposed to be able to adopt a more human like appearance as a disguise back in the day. Just give his skin a slight green tint, due to the green blood in his veins and make his eyes more light green and yellow. And maybe add some minor hints at scales. I think that would be cool. I mean, other than the fact that he's floating and has got green eyes and wrinkles, Klassic Ermac looks his part. Can't same the same about Klassic Reptile.

Human Reptile would make a great guest character for Injustice 3, unlockable after finding him in a hidden fight, after having done both Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

My favourite ninja is Rain, so I'm used to worse treatment :P

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm not one of those who can't let go. I just wish they'd give him some more human looking skins every now and then for old time's sake, since they are already so big on putting Klassic skins in their recent games. He was supposed to be able to adopt a more human like appearance as a disguise back in the day. Just give his skin a slight green tint, due to the green blood in his veins and make his eyes more light green and yellow. And maybe add some minor hints at scales. I think that would be cool. I mean, other than the fact that he's floating and has got green eyes and wrinkles, Klassic Ermac looks his part. Can't same the same about Klassic Reptile.

Human Reptile would make a great guest character for Injustice 3, unlockable after finding him in a hidden fight, after having done both Scorpion and Sub-Zero.

My favourite ninja is Rain, so I'm used to worse treatment :P
I was also mistaken. I forgot human Reptile was a skin in MK9.
4017364-7416675508-16572.png

Jan 11, 2018
So to recap...

Officially confirmed:
Baraka
Raiden
Scorpion
Skarlet
Sonya
Sub-Zero
Geras
Shao Kahn
Kano
Kabal
D'Vorah

via SteamDB:

Cassie Cage
Erron Black
Frost
Jacqui
Jade
Kotal Kahn
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
"CET"
"KOL"
"TER" (Terminator?)

That makes 22 fighters in total, leaving room for at least 4 more.
Johnny Cage has more or less been confirmed. Unless Ed Boon is trolling us, Kitana and Rain could be in. As for the last one I'm gonna go ahead and say it'll be a brand new character.

I was also mistaken. I forgot human Reptile was a skin in MK9.

Yeah. I like that. I think the Vita version has an UMK3 skin for him too, which is even better.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
I hope since Frost is in and Sean works there now, they take the comic version of her into consideration and give her a lot of MMA moves and a rivalry with Cassie.

Also for the love of god, less stupid hair.

OH also also, give her Cyber Subs dive kicks, those are cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.