• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
I swear if terminator is in the base roster instead of classics like Reptile, Mileena, Ermac etc. I will strongly consider not even buying the game.

That'll teach them :(

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Does the name The Kollector mean anything to you?
CornyBleakBactrian-size_restricted.gif

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
You'd take the likes of Kobra and Moloch, but not Ferra Torr?

I thought you were cool, Sink.

I totally forgot they even existed. My apologies :(. I would still say Drahmin > FT.

Actually hold on they weren't in 9 or X. I thought other poster meant like a new MKT. I'd take that... Not a new Armageddon featuring all the 3d roster. The horror. (Shudder)

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
I've just seen on Twitter that the stage count from the last Kombat Kast has increased to 21 stages!

That's quite the amount.

Here's hoping if they increase the stage select screen they are gonna do the same with the character select.

Also, I hope the leaks force their hand with faster character reveals.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I have a feeling that there are going to be past and present versions of a lot of the stages.

Jan 11, 2018
It does suck that literally every character I mained in X is gone. :(

Which ones?

As someone who's been following the series since the second game. I've always found it really hard to find a "main" because outside of the MK1 cast (perhaps with the exception of Kano), few characters have been safe bets to return in sequels and even when they did they'd been changed a lot or completely revamped. With Tekken or Street Fighter there's a huge group of characters that are almost guaranteed to always make the cut. If you pick up a character like Remy or Zafina you're well aware they might not stick around.

But in the reboot I really grew attached to the DLC characters minus Freddy. And only Kenshi returned in MKX, nerfed to infinity (I feel like Kenjutsu and Balanced should merge because they both feel incomplete). From the base roster I really liked Jade, but then again I'm nowhere near being a pro player so her obvious flaws as a competitive pick didn't bother me. I think I've just had a thing for staff wielders since Cheetara in Thunder Cats (Nightwing was my main in Injustice, and they killed him off too...).

With Jade, Skarlet and Rain missing in MKX, and Kenshi no longer being as fun to play, I had to look at other options. The one character I ended up playing the most was "Buzz Saw" Kung Lao (the 2P colour MK3 costume FTW!), but to my big surprise "Cutthroat" Kano was really fun to play as too. Never expected such speed from him, especially not when looking that beefy. Either variation of Reptile also felt pretty good, but sadly more on the technical side in the long run. Kung Jin also had a lot of cool moves, but aside from Cassie I didn't expect any of the kombat kids to make it past this game and if they did they would probably be revamped unless they kept the preset variation mechanic going.

People can bitch about Scorpion all the want, but I feel like they've always done a good job making him consistently easy to pick up and with good tools for most situations. He's never been a favourite, but he's always a good alternative in a game with a less than optimal roster.

I'm glad he's in. I really like what they did to him in MKX. He's basically Nathan Drake now. Only missing the puns and dad jokes.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Which ones?
I'm glad he's in. I really like what they did to him in MKX. He's basically Nathan Drake now. Only missing the puns and dad jokes.

Reptile, Kenshi, Takeda. :(
I used Sub a lot so at least I got him still but that's a given. Kenshi was my main through and through. I'm still kind of in disbelief he'd sit this one out given he's one of Boon's favorites.

you know I gotta keep grilling ya right

Someone claimed Cet was a new female monster character who's name ends with 'N'. How accurate is that?

Uhh now this I didn't know anything about. What else did they say? Time to run this up the flag pole lol.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I used Sub a lot so at least I got him still but that's a given. Kenshi was my main through and through. I'm still kind of in disbelief he'd sit this one out given he's one of Boon's favorites.

Uhh now this I didn't know anything about. What else did they say? Time to run this up the flag pole lol.

They claimed Frost got entirely revamped as well. thats pretty much it

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Entirely revamped into the new Noob Saibot*

*I hope

I don't think you have to worry about that.

Oh and in regards to this CET character that is now apparently a female monster who's name ends in N:
Other sauces don't know anything about her BUT I did some research. We know how much Boon and co love taking words and names and from different cultural mythologies and slightly changing them so what if this character is based on this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceto

Release the Kraken.

Edit: Spinky just brought up that Geras and Kronika are originated in Greek mythology so this would complete that trifecta.

Edit 2: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cetus_(mythology)

Last edited:
May 26, 2018
I don't think you have to worry about that.

Oh and in regards to this CET character that is now apparently a female monster who's name ends in N:
Other sauces don't know anything about her BUT I did some research. We know how much Boon and co love taking words and names from different cultural mythologies so what if this character is based on this?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceto

Release the Kraken.

Davy Jones's sister?

Jan 11, 2018

I can do without Takeda. I feel like his Ronin moves could be done by Kenshi, the Shirai Ryu moves by Scorpion and honestly the Lasher moves too to a certain degree (have Scorpion swing the chain for his spear around). As a character in story mode he is boring af.

I also feel like Posessed Kenshi was always gonna be a one time deal. But Kenjutsu merged with Balanced and maybe some of Takeda's Ronin moves would make for a great template to have him featured in MK11, and be as deadly as he was in MK9.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A guest character I would love to have in this game would be The Hunter or Gehrman from Bloodborne. I think NRS could do these characters justice as fighters and I would love to see what they can come up with.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
A guest character I would love to have in this game would be The Hunter or Gehrman from Bloodborne. I think NRS could do these characters justice as fighters and I would love to see what they can come up with.
I sure would like that, I mean... look at my avatar.

But console exclusive guests aren't a thing anymore.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I can do without Takeda. I feel like his Ronin moves could be done by Kenshi, the Shirai Ryu moves by Scorpion and honestly the Lasher moves too to a certain degree (have Scorpion swing the chain for his spear around). As a character in story mode he is boring af.

I also feel like Posessed Kenshi was always gonna be a one time deal. But Kenjutsu merged with Balanced and maybe some of Takeda's Ronin moves would make for a great template to have him featured in MK11, and be as deadly as he was in MK9.

Yeah balanced + kenjutsu is what I envisioned for mk11 if he were to return.
Remove meterless launcher from specials and make his balanced DB1 move hit twice and knockdown. Amplified version grants small launcher. DF4 can still be overhead that has to be aimed and cause knockdown. Put teleflurry and other tele moves at the end of a string or in grab. His push could knock back and only combo after in corner. DF2 could be that Kenjutsu blade overhead that hits twice. Amplify with 2 other options to dictate whether to make the 2nd hit OH launch/Low/Evade or cancel.

Hire me plz Osu 16 Bit

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

If a console exclusive character were to happen it would never be Gehrman. Ain't nobody know who Gehrman is, or anyone from BB for that matter.

Would probably be a more iconic character like Kratos returning once again with his new look and weapons.

But that would probably never happen either.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see any console exclusive guest characters being in this game. I think the console exclusive guest characters are a thing of the past. If memory serves, the last fighting game to have that was Street Fighter x Tekken, and Xbox didn't even get any exclusive guests.

battleborn27

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Mortal Kombat Trilogy 3/ Armageddon 2
Johnny Cage
Kano
Liu Kang
Raiden
Scorpion
Sonya Blade
Sub-Zero
Goro
Shang Tsung
Reptile
Baraka
Jade
Jax
Kintaro
Kitana
Kung Lao
Mileena
Noob Saibot
Shao Kahn
Smoke

Cyrax
Ermac
Kabal
Nightwolf
Rain
Sektor
Sheeva
Sindel
Stryker
Quan Chi
Shinnok
Tanya
Tremor
Bo Rai Cho
Frost
Kenshi
Skarlet
Cassie Cage
D'Vorah
Erron Black
Ferra/Torr
Jacqui Briggs
Kotal Kahn
Kung Jin
Takeda
Triborg
Geras
Kronika

Sounds like a great roster. A concept!

Jan 11, 2018
Will never happen, but I wish WB would restore the online servers for MK9 on Vita.

I don't see any console exclusive guest characters being in this game. I think the console exclusive guest characters are a thing of the past. If memory serves, the last fighting game to have that was Street Fighter x Tekken, and Xbox didn't even get any exclusive guests.

Boon has already ruled out console exclusive characters. They'll end up being banned at tournaments anyway.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Takeda being the only kid not returning when he was by far the coolest one makes me so mad...
But Kung Jin makes it back...right...

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Kronika honestly sounds like the name of a metal band that loves smoking weed.

Miles X

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has there been an updated character select screen with Kano, Kabal, D'vorah ect?

Also, having Sonya and Cassie? Redundent. They focus way too much on Earthrealm kombatants when we all know it's the more villianous cast that we like.

Last edited:

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Posted by MazenMK on reddit, it's his/her wish list for the DLC/final roster.
7k6tvslp8ff21.png

The two twin guys under Kitana & Mileena are meant to represent the new characters.

Last edited:

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I'm late on this, but I'll be happy as hell if we get Jade. And Frost too? Yessssssss!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
MK9 had the best roster. A solid balance of favorites. Save for Sheeva. No one cares about Sheeva.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I expect Terry Crews as Jax for DLC later on down the road. Crews already said he was down for it and Boon thinks it's a cool idea.

Hmm, it would work as Older Jax is dead according to Arcade and Terry Crews would most likely play a younger Jax due to time travel shenanigans. And I could see him being a part of a Kombat Pack with Sindel and, perhaps, other dead characters. I'd love it.

MK9 had the best roster. A solid balance of favorites. Save for Sheeva. No one cares about Sheeva.

I care about Sheeva and I hope she's in too. Though I'm sure I'll just get Sindel.

Status
Not open for further replies.