• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2018
I swear tho, if KUN stands for Kung Jin instead of Kung Lao I'll make a twitter account to tell Ed Boon how hard he blows lmao.

Kung Jin > Takeda any day of the week. More of an actual character story wise + more unique gameplay, although they need to focus on the archery if they bring him back because that's what really sets him apart from the others.

Also, having Sonya and Cassie? Redundent.

Eh, Cassie takes after her dad a lot more than her mum with the exception of her looks I guess.

Last edited:

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Do people still play Mortal Kombat 9 online on ps3? I'm watching this Ketchup & Mustard video about the game's meta in preparation for XI. I'm asking if the servers are still up and running so if it's even possible to play online.

Jan 11, 2018
Do people still play Mortal Kombat 9 online on ps3? I'm watching this Ketchup & Mustard video about the game's meta in preparation for XI. I'm asking if the servers are still up and running so if it's even possible to play online.

The servers for the PC and console versions should still be up. Sadly, the Vita servers have been offline for years, and I really wish Warner Bros would restore them (they were part of the massive GameSpy server shutdown). Even if it's only for a year or even 6 months.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017

I think only the 360 and Vita versions don't work. I know the PS3 does as I played it about 8 months ago.

Edit: Honestly it's better to play against the computer unless you can find a good connection to play with consistently. The MK9 netcode is literally the second worst I've ever played for a fighter.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl

I just played 1 match on PC. Took a bit to find another player and the lag was pretty bad but whatever lol. It doesn't require a high end PC either. Works wonders on my AMD APU. Also, if you get it on steam by tomorrow it's only 5 bucks.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I just played 1 match on PC. Took a bit to find another player and the lag was pretty bad but whatever lol. It doesn't require a high end PC either. Works wonders on my AMD APU. Also, if you get it on steam by tomorrow it's only 5 bucks.
My laptop is an i-3 so I doubt I'd have much luck with that.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Injustice 2 launched with 28 playable characters (29 if you count Darkseid). Mortal Kombat (2011) received four characters as DLC (and it had Kratos). The first Injustice had six DLC characters. Mortal Kombat X received eight DLC characters (plus Goro if you want to consider him DLC, I don't). Injustice 2 received nine DLC characters (the turtles I'm only counting as one character slot since they're like a Triborg/variation kind of character. And I didn't include Darkseid in that). So I think it's safe to assume we'll get at least ten to twelve DLC characters or DLC + a few unlockable 'secret' characters as others have mentioned. Or maybe two to three Kombat packs.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
Injustice 2 launched with 28 playable characters (29 if you count Darkseid). Mortal Kombat (2011) received four characters as DLC (and it had Kratos). The first Injustice had six DLC characters. Mortal Kombat X received eight DLC characters (plus Goro if you want to consider him DLC, I don't). Injustice 2 received nine DLC characters (the turtles I'm only counting as one character slot since they're like a Triborg/variation kind of character. And I didn't include Darkseid in that). So I think it's safe to assume we'll get at least ten to twelve DLC characters or DLC + a few unlockable 'secret' characters as others have mentioned. Or maybe two to three Kombat packs.

Please no more than 4 guests. The base roster will be missing so many desired characters. Reptile, Jax, cyrax, sektor, ermac...

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Please no more than 4 guests. The base roster will be missing so many desired characters. Reptile, Jax, cyrax, sektor, ermac...
I agree with you. I would like Terminator though. Spawn I don't really care, but he's pretty much Konfirmed at this point (McFarlane tweet). Pennywise isn't scary at all, creepy yeah, but not scary. I thought the remake of that movie was really a let down since it was all cheap jump scares. Maybe shit will get real in part II in the fall.
Shit, no US? :(

I need people to play mk9 with me on PC BAD.
Do you have a ps3? I'll play with ya (on ps3). I'm gonna try to pick up a used copy of the Komplete Edition this week.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I would actually like to see them bring Motaro back.
They never really worked the centaur into a playable character, I would like to see them try their hands at it now.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I agree with you. I would like Terminator though. Spawn I don't really care, but he's pretty much Konfirmed at this point (McFarlane tweet). Pennywise isn't scary at all, creepy yeah, but not scary. I thought the remake of that movie was really a let down since it was all cheap jump scares. Maybe shit will get real in part II in the fall.

Do you have a ps3? I'll play with ya (on ps3). I'm gonna try to pick up a used copy of the Komplete Edition this week.

I do! I think I have it on there. What is your PSN?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
We're all friends with SinkFla.
tumblr_o9ykh5ZMAk1rkctppo1_400.gif

Jan 11, 2018
Such a shame MK9 never came to current gen.

I highly suspect it'll be added to the Xbox BC list soon, if nothing else.

That said, the visuals have aged poorly. The backgrounds still look good, but those character models look worse than the original Injustice. Actually, I was watching a retrospective not too long ago and it took me a bit by surprise how similar MK9 looks to MK vs. DCU in terms of character model quality. Of course, one game is good and the other isn't, so there's that lol.

I'd love to see some updated character models, with better looking faces but also have the female characters look a bit less like strippers with massive breast implants and more like actual fighters - but that wouldn't go over well with some people. Even something as simple as swapping out Skarlet's "outfit" for the Vita exclusive one, which is at least a bit more creative than a string bikini with boots.

But they wouldn't do that. Judging by the PC port, the story mode cutscenes are forever stuck as pre-rendered video files at 720p so they'd probably just decided to leave everything as is.

I'd buy it if it included all the non-touchscreen based Vita exclusive content, less tedious trophies and maybe feature arcade perfect ports of the original trilogy as a bonus feature similar to how Tekken 5 included arcade perfect ports of the first three Tekken games.

I need people to play mk9 with me on PC BAD.

For the achievements, or just for fun? Or both? :P

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what that video is about, but from the logo, I know it's from one of those clickbaiters on YouTubers who post hot garbage speculation videos any time Boon says literally anything on Twitter, so not worth supporting with a click. I'm sure there's nothing we don't already know.

No offense, lol. Those drive me crazy.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I don't know what that video is about, but from the logo, I know it's from one of those clickbaiters on YouTubers who post hot garbage speculation videos any time Boon says literally anything on Twitter, so not worth supporting with a click. I'm sure there's nothing we don't already know.

"YO ITS YA BOY **** BACK TODAY WITH A HYPE ASS RUMOR SURE TO MAKE YOU BLOW YA LOAD. DON'T GET NONE ON THAT LIKE BUTTON BEFORE YA CLICK IT!"

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017

"YO ITS YA BOY **** BACK TODAY WITH A HYPE ASS RUMOR SURE TO MAKE YOU BLOW YA LOAD. DON'T GET NONE ON THAT LIKE BUTTON BEFORE YA CLICK IT!"
lol yeah, I can't stand them either, but sometimes I learn something I didn't know.
Just wait for the new remaster :)
This.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that old MK classic collection GFWL? I think I have it, but uninstalled it and never looked back.

Jan 11, 2018
Isn't that old MK classic collection GFWL? I think I have it, but uninstalled it and never looked back.

It is.

The console versions are still playable though, and pretty good imo (certainly the best ports you can buy).

Wasn't that the same as MKX with Goro and Injustice 2 with Darkseid? Or was it different in EU?

I don't know. I bought the re-releases of both myself xD

Still, might be good to know. Some retailers might not list Shao Kahn as a pre-order bonus, even though he should be included with every day one copy of the game.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
MK9 roster was basically the whole of UMK3 + quan chi from MK4 and adding skarlet and kenshi from MK5. It had all the favorites

It was also their first game as NetherRealm Studios. I believe Ed Boon has go on to note that while under Midway the development budget they were given to work with was much tighter until the Warner Bros. acquisition.

I think following the MK1 / MK2 / MK3 formula and being safe in producing a game that doesn't take any risks basically putting in the entire series favorites was more or less a testing ground to see how NRS would do.

They really came a long way from the Midway days.

Status
Not open for further replies.