• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Wonder if he'll be balanced like a normal character so he can be played in tournaments/online or if he'll be OP and need to be soft banned.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. There's no way in hell they make him too OP to not be used in tournaments. Big focus these days is on esports and they're not gonna advertise a pre-order character that can't be used in any possible setting.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
In regards whether Shao Kahn will be tournament viable or not. One only needs to look at Goro for MKX as an example of how NRS deals with toning down a Boss-level character into one fits into the regular roster.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
By the way, Shao Kahn will be included via a DLC voucher in the game box here in Europe according to online retailers.

Do you know something the rest of us don't?

(I already own the Arcade Kollection since many years ago, but figured it's a great price for everyone else)
I found out awhile back that blind squirrel games is working on a fighting games remaster from 3 titles from the 90s. It is more than likely mortal kombat

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I found out awhile back that blind squirrel games is working on a fighting games remaster from 3 titles from the 90s. It is more than likely mortal kombat
If so, I REALLY hope they don't use the AI from the arcade versions and opt to use new AI or the AI from a home console version. Mortal Kombat II's AI is especially bad in the arcade version as it legit just reads all of your moves after 3-4 fights up the tower, hurting the game tremendously.

Jan 11, 2018

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Also, at this point I feel like they need to include vanilla MK3 as well as MK4 and put everything on disc. Proper collection similar to the one for Street Fighter. Extensive galleries, behind the scenes footage etc. The same three games, and again digital only seems redundant.

If so, I REALLY hope they don't use the AI from the arcade versions and opt to use new AI or the AI from a home console version. Mortal Kombat II's AI is especially bad in the arcade version as it legit just reads all of your moves after 3-4 fights up the tower, hurting the game tremendously.

If they were serious about making a proper collection celebrating these games they could add the options to add home console features (like adding Noob Saibot and Rain to the roster of UMK3, with their updated moves from Trilogy), multiplayer modes etc.

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Also, at this point I feel like they need to include vanilla MK3 as well as MK4 and put everything on disc. Proper collection similar to the one for Street Fighter. Extensive galleries, behind the scenes footage etc. The same three games, and again digital only seems redundant.
That's not what it sounds like though. The description sounds like a lot of changes and upgrades are being made actually. I mean if its for MK anyway but I'm pretty sure it is. its a collection of three fighting games from the 90s..its a 2d fighter and its gonna be unreal engine 4.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
That's not what it sounds like though. The description sounds like a lot of changes and upgrades are being made actually. I mean if its for MK anyway but I'm pretty sure it is. its a collection of three fighting games from the 90s..its a 2d fighter and its gonna be unreal engine 4.

Yeah aren't the characters supposed to be redigitized as well?

On another note,
Booted up mk9 on PS3 for a minute and holy fuck at the online. For the short time I tried I couldn't get one legit match that didn't crash early on. Terrible. We truly have come so far lol.

Also went to search for MK arcade collection and uh it just says download so I guess I own it? LMAO. I don't ever remember buying it.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018
It could just as easily be one of the many SF2 or MK clone series, couldn't it?

Yeah aren't the characters supposed to be redigitized as well?

They were working on a project like that during last gen, but it was cancelled and we got the Arcade Kollection instead.

I also feel like if they're going to create new character models for the first three games they might as well go all in and use those for a MK9 remaster and then have that feature MK1-3 as game modes limiting the roster and stages to line up with the original games. Heck, they could even get away with omitting the story mode if they did that.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for them to announce just straight up John Cena. I'm going to be giving everyone the attitude adjustment and 5 knuckle shuffle.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to tomorrows reveal. Hoping for Jade but feeling it will be Kitana.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
What now? Is Cena as Stryker something that could actually be happening? Just seen people on twitch talking about it, Cena posted a pic of Stryker on his instagram.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
If John Cena is in this game, I will buy the season pass day 1.

Also, we should be seeing our first MK11 Switch port footage today at the Direct. Very exciting.
If we don't then I am worried

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
But if John Cena is in MK11, he'll be impossible to balance. No one will see him.

I'll see myself out...

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
I wouldn't go off Cena's Instagram. He's very aware of internet rumors and speculation and is constantly trolling with pictures that have no context.

Jan 11, 2018
John Cena is awesome though. I wish he'd been in the game instead of Ronda Rousey.

Cena Stryker must have been the holy shit thing Boon was teasing.

Nah, I still think it's Arnold as Terminator.

Yeah i think Stryker is like a shitty 3D Era character level in many and NRS eyes but only gets elevated above them and got included in MK9 because he had the luck to debut in MK3.

He is like bottom of the barrel of the Trilogy characters.

And ironically one of the more powerful characters in UMK3, lol.

Maximum Spider

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
latest

Looks oddly like Cena.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
If Stryker is in I really hope he ditches the cop outfit and goes for something more unique. He needs a total redesign.
His cop outfit can be included as an alt.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I only thing I like about Stryker is that in a universe of characters with super powers like being able to shoot fire, freeze people, and throw waves of energy, Stryker was normal and had nothing but his Police Training and arsenal of weapons to fall back on.

He's the only character in the series that doesn't have some sort of special ability outside of throwing grenades, tacking with his police baton, or firing his pistol.

Jan 11, 2018
I only thing I like about Stryker is that in a universe of characters with super powers like being able to shoot fire, freeze people, and throw waves of energy, Stryker was normal and had nothing but his Police Training and arsenal of weapons to fall back on.

He's the only character in the series that doesn't have some sort of special ability outside of throwing grenades, tacking with his police baton, or firing his pistol.

That's one thing I dislike about MKX - they really went overboard with giving firearms to a ton of characters.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017

Sonya?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA

Sonya could fly across the screen with a punch attack who originally had the Square-Wave Punch that was given to Kitana, also she could fire Pink energy waves.

MKX and MK11 really nerfed her abilities and made her rely more on technology at the start of MKX. Every game prior to that she had Ki-adept like skills comparable to that of Liu Kang with her own variation of the bicycle kick and so forth.

Basically of the entire cast in MK. Stryker is the only one who had no special ki powers or could shoot energy beams. He always relied entirely on technology. He had nothing that could be considered magic powers or KI / Chi.

Jan 11, 2018
Please let ranked matchmaking in MK11 not be as utterly rubbish as it is in MKX. It's completely unreasonable to match people who are clearly leagues apart in terms of skill level. I'm good enough that I can win against beginners with relative ease, but I stand no chance against people who can pull off 20 hit combos for days who have played this game since it came out. Like... every other major fighting game matches people based on ranks...

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Please let ranked matchmaking in MK11 not be as utterly rubbish as it is in MKX. It's completely unreasonable to match people who are clearly leagues apart in terms of skill level. I'm good enough that I can win against beginners with relative ease, but I stand no chance against people who can pull off 20 hit combos for days who have played this game since it came out. Like... every other major fighting game matches people based on ranks...
lol. that's why I intend to buy the game day one when the scrub pool is still huge and get the online trophies. I made the mistake of buying MKXL late and it was full of killers online

Jan 11, 2018
Not with that attitude!

You can do it friend, I believe in you!

As if. Good thing you can save scum to get the trophy. At least Injustice 2 doesn't require you to get 10 ranked wins in a row, so that one is a lot more doable. I just don't get how you can have a mode for ranked matches and have ranks not matter at all.

lol. that's why I intend to buy the game day one when the scrub pool is still huge and get the online trophies. I made the mistake of buying MKXL late and it was full of killers online

I'm hoping MK11 not only has better matchmaking, but also no trophies tied to ranked mode (and if it does, have it be more like Injustice 2).

Online trophies are the worst.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018

Sonya, Jax, Jaqui, Kano. All of them rely on tech only.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Sonya, Jax, Jaqui, Kano. All of them rely on tech only.

Read my comment above in regards to Sonya.

MK2 Jax had a earthquake special, Also an energy wave projectile (This before he got his metallic arm replacements)

I'll give you Jacqui because she is part of the new generation that uses technology to fight with (Same as when Sonya lost her superpowers when she also started to rely more heavily on tech)

Kano is toss up because of being able to propel himself like a cannonball in multiple directions (MK1 and 3), He didn't start using stuff other weird tech-related moves until he got that weird device implanted into his chest.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I will never play this game online. Local MP only. I love the storymode in the past MK games as well. Hopefully they'll expand on that. But I'm sure they will.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Will definitely be trying to crank out the online trophies in the first week.
Hope there's nothing too wild. Got the MKX plat but had to give up on IJ2.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Please let ranked matchmaking in MK11 not be as utterly rubbish as it is in MKX. It's completely unreasonable to match people who are clearly leagues apart in terms of skill level. I'm good enough that I can win against beginners with relative ease, but I stand no chance against people who can pull off 20 hit combos for days who have played this game since it came out. Lokike... every other major fighting game matches people based on ranks...
Yes, it's marvelous how NRS manages to shit the bed in this regard when literally everything else in the games is so polished. I started playing MKX again after the reveal hype, and the results I got weren't too pretty when matched against some dude with 5000w/17l. (when I'm like 200w/200l.) Whereas I can jump back into SF or Tekken and get instantly matched with someone of my exact skill level.

tenor.gif

Exactly what I'm planning to do.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Read my comment above in regards to Sonya.

MK2 Jax had a earthquake special, Also an energy wave projectile (This before he got his metallic arm replacements)

I'll give you Jacqui because she is part of the new generation that uses technology to fight with (Same as when Sonya lost her superpowers when she also started to rely more heavily on tech)

Kano is toss up because of being able to propel himself like a cannonball in multiple directions (MK1 and 3), He didn't start using stuff other weird tech-related moves until he got that weird device implanted into his chest.
The thing is, back in the day, some of the stuff looked like Magic, but lorewise its not the case. In mk9 they even gave Jax some tech before he lost his arms to explain some of his moves. However, Stryker indeed is the only character that back in the day had no semblance of any special ability whatsoever, relying exclusively on ordinary weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.