• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I eagerly await KOMBAT PARTY, the Kombat version of Mario Party.
Mario Party where the losers also have their characters suffer through insanely detailed fatalities on top of losing because they were winning and fuckery happened?

That sounds like real life fights waiting to happen.

Last edited:

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
A neat GDC talk was posted on TYM.

Its about the switch from delay based to rollback netcode for MKX.
Sounds like it was very difficult.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Battle royale that takes place in the krypt. When you run into another player, it triggers a 1 round fight.
Final winner gets a Krypt unlock.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Codes for the stress test will apparently be sent out on Friday, the 15th at 7:00 AM PST.

I wish it was earlier, honestly. If I get in, then I'd like to "pre-load" the stress test client, if you will.

Yeah same here. I was really hoping they would send codes a day before. It's gonna be a stress test on the psn servers when all... 10 people are selected :(.

Osu 16 Bit I don't give a fuck I'll wash your goddamn car for a code. Hehe

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to see what downgrades will be made. Scared of 30fps, although that seems almost like a necessity but we'll see.

I don't think you have to worry about 30fps. They always do 60fps gameplay, like on the Vita MK9 and Injustice. It'll be a questions of what settings will be toned down in addition to lower geometry.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
Chapter 1 story deets. Spoilers.

"Chapter 1 is Cassie. Starts with Cassie getting a promotion, but she has to fight Sonya to do it. Johnny congrats her, the whole Cage family is there and celebrating. Jacqui is there and it's mentioned that Jax has actually been discharged from SF following MKX, he seems to be traumatized/not all there. Possible reason to have him off the roster, also possible reason for him to be an anti-hero/antagonist.

Johnny's about to leave SF HQ to film Ninja Mime sequel, but then Raiden shows up and warns of an impending Netherrealm attack. So instead they do that. SF infiltrates the castle to blow it up, Cassie fights Jade, Kabal, and Liu Kang, and then the huge explosion happens and Sonya is caught under a bunch of debris and is presumed dead."

https://testyourmight.com/threads/c...down-and-hands-on-impressions-spoilers.68444/

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Damn it! Just found out I'll be travelling for work on the 23rd of April so I won't get to play this until 3 or 4 days after it releases. Fuuuuck.

Oh well, maybe if I bring my Vita the hotel wifi will at least be good enough for me to remote play the story mode... :(

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
MK11 has the weirdest fighting game marketing cycle in recent memory. Liu Kang and Kung Lao were in the reveal trailer cutscenes, but they haven't been officially confirmed as playable characters yet. D'Vorah was officially revealed through a render last month and we haven't seen her since. Jacqui and Erron Black were anticlimactically revealed through renders as well. And now it looks like we're going to see Kotal Kahn's trailer before any of theirs.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MK11 has the weirdest fighting game marketing cycle in recent memory. Liu Kang and Kung Lao were in the reveal trailer cutscenes, but they haven't been officially confirmed as playable characters yet. D'Vorah was officially revealed through a render last month and we haven't seen her since. Jacqui and Erron Black were anticlimactically revealed through renders as well. And now it looks like we're going to see Kotal Kahn's trailer before any of theirs.

Jacqui and Erron were technically revealed in the story trailer.

But yeah, NRS does this. It's odd. We saw Flash and Green Lantern getting beat up in other characters trailers long before we saw their reveals in INJ2, for example.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Meanwhile, Kitana fans have a blurry picture on the main menu and 0.5 seconds standing next to Liu Kang in the trailers.

We know she's in, but not a peep otherwise. We don't even know what her new voice actress sounds like yet.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
we are getting Kotal Kahn next week!
e19.gif

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree, it's been absolutely bizarre. We saw Liu Kang in game at the reveal event and in several story mode cutscenes, but still nothing almost two months later almost month before release. Hell, we first saw Kano in a random skin at a Brazil convention only to not see him in game for TWO MONTHS. It's so weird how NRS are doing things.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly hate NRS' schedule for these things. It was the same with IJ2.

And Jacqui better be shown with Kotal next week.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Chapter 1 story deets. Spoilers.

"Chapter 1 is Cassie. Starts with Cassie getting a promotion, but she has to fight Sonya to do it. Johnny congrats her, the whole Cage family is there and celebrating. Jacqui is there and it's mentioned that Jax has actually been discharged from SF following MKX, he seems to be traumatized/not all there. Possible reason to have him off the roster, also possible reason for him to be an anti-hero/antagonist.

Johnny's about to leave SF HQ to film Ninja Mime sequel, but then Raiden shows up and warns of an impending Netherrealm attack. So instead they do that. SF infiltrates the castle to blow it up, Cassie fights Jade, Kabal, and Liu Kang, and then the huge explosion happens and Sonya is caught under a bunch of debris and is presumed dead."

https://testyourmight.com/threads/c...down-and-hands-on-impressions-spoilers.68444/
With this information about
Jax
it looks like that one leak that was about story twists, ending and also DLC characters becomes more real by the day.

Hope its true because that would also confirm the secret characters im still iffy about that many people already buying into it.

Oct 26, 2017
No Kombat Kast this week, huh? Well, that sucks given the stress test this weekend. 'Figure they could at least hype that up with a KK, show you what's in store.

That said, I am hype for Kotal Kahn next week.

lori

Oct 25, 2017
Jax
it looks like that one leak that was about story twists, ending and also DLC characters becomes more real by the day.

Hope its true because that would also confirm the secret characters im still iffy about that many people already buying into it.
Yeah, do you have a source for this leak? I'd love to have any hope for Reptile lol

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Jax

Curious which one you're referring to but I don't want to see spoilers. Mainly just want to know what they mentioned for roster with dlc/secret characters.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Boo. I'm starting to think they're not even going to reveal the entire cast, just launch it in 7 weeks having only shown 18 characters.

If you're going to wait until the game is essentially finished before announcing it, don't be so stingy on the details!

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
Jax

echoeing what other people have said, could you post the leak spoilered in this thread?

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Yeah, do you have a source for this leak? I'd love to have any hope for Reptile lol
Curious which one you're referring to but I don't want to see spoilers. Mainly just want to know what they mentioned for roster with dlc/secret characters.
echoeing what other people have said, could you post the leak spoilered in this thread?

There was a person that rightfully said before the Story trailer came out that there gonna be a Kotal Kahn and Jade team up and now the thing about
Jax being a possible antagonist

Thats two things that look they are true now with the information we have now and nobody would have expected these.

He also posted about other story twists and the ending i dont wanna continue to spread because that sucks imo.

But about the DLC characters and some other random info he said this:

-9 Blank Boxes are 6 DLC and 3 Secret characters
-Some of the DLC characters are Sindel, Sheeva, Nightwolf, Fujin, Sareena, Joker, Terminator, Spawn and Reiko

-Noobs shadow always gonna be out during gameplay
-Shao Kahns fatality involves hitting you in the head and shoulders, bents you over and then hits you in the butt to split you in half

-Reptile can be seen in the Krypt

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.