• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
There was a person that rightfully said before the Story trailer came out that there gonna be a Kotal Kahn and Jade team up, the possible Death of certain character that is teased through intro dialogue and now the thing about
Jax being a antagonist

Thats three things that looks like its true now with our informations we have now.

He also posted about other story twists and the ending i dont wanna continue to spread because that sucks imo.

But about the DLC characters and some other random info he said this:

-9 Blank Boxes are 6 DLC and 3 Secret characters
-Some of the DLC characters are Sindel, Sheeva, Nightwolf, Fujin, Sareena, Joker, Terminator, Spawn and Reiko

-Noobs shadow always gonna be out during gameplay
-Shao Kahns fatality involves hitting you in the head and shoulders, bents you over and then hits you in the butt to split you in half

-Reptile can be seen in the Krypt

Thanks for separating out the story stuff man. Appreciate it. So he doesn't say who the secret characters are save for Reptile. Interesting. I'd love for Reptile to be in and I don't hate that DLC list. Reiko is a weird choice but I have faith they could do some cool things with him.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Thanks for separating out the story stuff man. Appreciate it. So he doesn't say who the secret characters are save for Reptile. Interesting. I'd love for Reptile to be in and I don't hate that DLC list. Reiko is a weird choice but I have faith they could do some cool things with him.
Yeah dont think they were mentioned by him but so far it looks with all the other talk that its going to be Shang, Mileena and Shinnok/Rain.

About Reptile i dont know for sure but him saying he can be seen in the Krypt sounds like he is just a NPC at this point imo.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
There was a person that rightfully said before the Story trailer came out that there gonna be a Kotal Kahn and Jade team up, the possible Death of certain character that is teased through intro dialogue and now the thing about
Jax being a possible antagonist

Thats three things that looks like its true now with the informations we have now and some of these nobody would have expected.

He also posted about other story twists and the ending i dont wanna continue to spread because that sucks imo.

-Some of the DLC characters are Sindel, Sheeva, Nightwolf, Fujin, Sareena, Joker, Terminator, Spawn and Reiko

-Shao Kahns fatality involves hitting you in the head and shoulders, bents you over and then hits you in the butt to split you in half

Reiko and Sheeva are huge suprises to me, Mostly because Reiko is like super dead in the comics and not that popular compared to Havik Ashra and Nitara. Sheeva just seemed like a less popular goro

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017

Thats three things that looks like its true now with the informations we have now and some of these nobody would have expected.

If you're talking about the rumour I think you're talking about,
it never mentioned Sonya's death. The only two things it mentioned that might have some support are Jade manipulating Kotal for Kitana to take over and Jax working for Kronika; even then, the only evidence for the former is Kotal and Jade working together (and it being past, non-evil Jade at that). It claiming there are 6 DLC characters and then listing 9 is also pretty iffy.

I've also not seen any actual source that stuff was posted before the story trailer. Someone might have just piggy-backed off of it and then lied that it came before.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Reiko and Sheeva are huge suprises to me, Mostly because Reiko is like super dead in the comics and not that popular compared to Havik Ashra and Nitara. Sheeva just seemed like a less popular goro
Yeah would be a surprise but if you think about it would make sense since this game hasnt a Shokan yet and it looks like they try to bring back as many MK9 characters that were not in MKX as possible.

Personally was never the a huge fan of Sheeva but i trust them to make her cool.

Also with Reiko someone from NRS confirmed that were thinking about putting him in MKX but he didnt make the cut.

If you're talking about the rumour I think you're talking about,
it never mentioned Sonya's death. The only two things it mentioned that might have some support are Jade manipulating Kotal for Kitana to take over and Jax working for Kronika; even then, the only evidence for the former is Kotal and Jade working together (and it being past, non-evil Jade at that). It claiming there are 6 DLC characters and then listing 9 is also pretty iffy.

I've also not seen any actual source that stuff was posted before the story trailer. Someone might have just piggy-backed off of it and then lied that it came before.
Oh you are right about the death stuff i mixed that up but the other two things were the more specific things anyway.

Sure it could be bullshit but now also the
Jax
thing possibly being a thing what is something so farfetched nobody would have seen coming it seems like that information has for sure its truth.

If it was piggybacked i dont know but i didnt see anything about it anywhere else before.

Taking it with a grain of salt? Sure. But i wouldnt be surprised if it turns out to be true.

Last edited:

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Yeah dont think they were mentioned by him but so far it looks with all the other talk that its going to be Shang, Mileena and Shinnok/Rain.

About Reptile i dont know for sure but him saying he can be seen in the Krypt sounds like he is just a NPC at this point imo.

Ah, that makes sense. Man I hope it's Rain instead of Shinnok.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Boo. I'm starting to think they're not even going to reveal the entire cast, just launch it in 7 weeks having only shown 18 characters.

If you're going to wait until the game is essentially finished before announcing it, don't be so stingy on the details!

Especially since they've been pushing pre-ordering down our throats constantly since the announcement. Them keeping people in the dark wouldn't bother me so much if they weren't so aggresive with that pre-order stuff (Sha Kahn, beta). If you want people to pay early, provide enough info to make an informed decision.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Oh you are right about the death stuff i mixed that up but the other two things were the more specific things anyway.

Sure it could be bullshit but now also the
Jax
thing possibly being a thing what is something so farfetched nobody would have seen coming it seems like that information has for sure its truth.

If it was piggybacked i dont know but i didnt see anything about it anywhere else before.

Taking it with a grain of salt? Sure. But i wouldnt be surprised if it turns out to be true.

Yeah, that's why I've got my doubts; I can't find it it having been posted anywhere before the trailer, all discussion of it came afterwards.

And all we know about Jax is that he's been discharged from the SF due to some issues he's having; I'd really like to see how the game words it before taking it as confirmation of anything, as the guy who made that video also admitted on reddit that he doesn't actually know if the machine Shinnok's head was put in was meant to regenerate him and he just assumed that it was.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
This is looking to be the Mortal Kombat that finally takes the series to the next level. However, every time I enter into the discussion thread there is another painful reminder of Reptile's omission... I don't want to see the boy in the crypt, I want to play his ass. Every guest character released is going to be a huge slap to the face as long as Reptile is not playable.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There was a person that rightfully said before the Story trailer came out that there gonna be a Kotal Kahn and Jade team up and now the thing about

Thats two things that look they are true now with the information we have now and nobody would have expected these.

If that DLC list is accurate, I'm in heaven.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
This is looking to be the Mortal Kombat that finally takes the series to the next level. However, every time I enter into the discussion thread there is another painful reminder of Reptile's omission... I don't want to see the boy in the crypt, I want to play his ass. Every guest character released is going to be a huge slap to the face as long as Reptile is not playable.
Yep, the game is legit bad unless Reptile is announced.

and I cancel my pre-order if Reptile is announced so its a catch-22 really.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm convinced Shang Tsung will be in the game. Voiced and modeled by Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa
DymFZUhWkAATI-s.jpg

Not sure who originally posted this or where.
vB8bo7U.png

This would be sooooo kool. But I remember this being a fan made model, no?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I can't see Smoke not being DLC. There's a real lack of ninjas and cyborgs as is, Smoke has to be back representing one.

I'm still very confident Rain is base roster. Everyone else in the menu pics has shown up except him. And there's not a shot in hell it's any other character that's been leaked.

Also do you guys think we're getting younger Shang or old man Shang? Maybe both as variations?

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
I can't see Smoke not being DLC. There's a real lack of ninjas and cyborgs as is, Smoke has to be back representing one.

I'm still very confident Rain is base roster. Everyone else in the menu pics has shown up except him. And there's not a shot in hell it's any other character that's been leaked.

Also do you guys think we're getting younger Shang or old man Shang? Maybe both as variations?
Well technically if Mileena is in it we would have 8 Ninjas. 3 male and 5 female.

But yeah i miss my boy Smoke too. Hope he makes it in somehow.

Also i feel like its gonna be majority young Shang Tsung. That shot from the trailer where the monks getting their souls sucked out was on Shangs Nethership and i think he possibly gonna start out old but gonna suck souls to rejuvenate himself.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Well technically if Mileena is in it we would have 8 Ninjas. 3 male and 5 female.

But yeah i miss my boy Smoke too. Hope he makes it in somehow.

Also i feel like its gonna be majority young Shang Tsung. That shot from the trailer where the monks getting their souls sucked out was on Shangs Nethership and i think he possibly gonna start out old but gonna suck souls to rejuvenate himself.

Keep in mind in MK9 had old and young Shang. Old Shang was an alternate costume and considering MK11 is pushing heavily on character variations and costume customization, I think they'll cover most bases.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I also want to point out that that spoiler video you guys are talking about is sponsored by Warner Bros. so maybe that gives it more validity?

Last edited:

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
man, that DLC leak/rumor is so disappointing considering it has unlikely characters like Terminator, Joker or Reiko but also, my boy Fujin which I hope is in this one. I'm calling it not true until proven otherwise.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
In MK4, wasn't Reiko, Shao Khan in disguise? I remember beating the game with him and he putting his helmet on.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Guys do we know of the krypt existence in this one?

There was an Angry Joe interview with Ed Boon, in which Boon specifically said the Krypt for MK11 is their best one.
Direct quote is at this point here - https://youtu.be/iJFyU7VvR5w?t=289

Now I don't know what best particularly means in this instance in terms of size? number of graves for unlocks? Or stuff like jump scares (please no), or further refining the first person adventure aspect.

I think the direction of the MKX Krypt was interesting in felt like you were delving into a mini-dungeon. Sort like those first person RPG games. I'd hope they craft some simple gameplay out of this to make a secondary mode, but those Wolf and Spider Jump Scares were completely unnecessary, so I hope they tone down on that stuff and focus more on exploring and digging up secrets.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Its wierd how slow things are going still. They have about 13 characters to show gameplay, and about five weeks to the game's release. So even If they show 2 characters per week, its not going to be enough. Actually 4 weeks because this week there is no KK.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I was never going to be able to play this in front of my kids but man I super cannot play this in front of my kids

May 26, 2018
There was a person that rightfully said before the Story trailer came out that there gonna be a Kotal Kahn and Jade team up and now the thing about

Thats two things that look they are true now with the information we have now and nobody would have expected these.

Man, two of those non-guest characters make that EXTREMELY hard to believe.

Oct 25, 2017
Sonya's second fatality is really good.

I love the gore, but then again I grew up with Paul Verhoeven movies and Peter Jackson splatter instead of the superhero movies that dominate cinemas these days.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, the game is legit bad unless Reptile is announced.

and I cancel my pre-order if Reptile is announced so its a catch-22 really.

Luce, I know you are a pretty sincere guy, and I think the things you say are informed by your impeccable taste and insight into the genre. You have my sword.

P.S. Though I am probably going to end up buying this game and playing Johnny Cage (while whining endlessly about Reptile not getting a fair shake) anyway.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Whoooo, those new fatalities, lawd!
I was a bit disappointed in the fatalities after the first reveal as they didn't seem as creative as some of MKX's, but they've been knocking out of the park for the last couple of weeks.
I snort-laughed at Sonya's.

Status
Not open for further replies.