• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Why don't they lean into Gera's time powers more? Why does he rip their skin off? Anyone can do that.

He should use his time powers to rapidly age them until they decay into dust. Basically the opposite of a babality.

Last edited:

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
But in this day and age where so much work goes into a character, why would they not make them playable if they went to the effort of making it so you can fight against them?

I really doubt you'll battle her at all. Just her goons. She's probably relegated to cutscenes.

They already confirmed she's the game's boss character. MKX was only 4 years ago, and they put effort into making Corrupted Shinnok, giving him his own fatality, without him being playable too.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
But in this day and age where so much work goes into a character, why would they not make them playable if they went to the effort of making it so you can fight against them?

I really doubt you'll battle her at all. Just her goons. She's probably relegated to cutscenes.

MKX had a non playable boss, as did MK9. You don't know what you are talking about.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

You see Geras and Barakas 2nd fatality in this

Geras one is fucked up

Ok, I watched all of them. I thought MKX was pretty abhorrently disgusting with its fatalities and this is literally 10 times worse. Like, its at the point where when people who aren't into video games see this and make judgments, I can't blame them at all.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Why don't they lean into Gera's time powers more? Why does he rip their skin off? Anyone can do that.

He should use his time powers to rapidly age them until they decay into dust. Basically the opposite of a babality.

That would be great. In fact I would love it if he could do Babalities. That way they'd finally make sense and you'd get to see all the babies even though he's the only one who could perform it.

Oct 28, 2017
Ok, I watched all of them. I thought MKX was pretty abhorrently disgusting with its fatalities and this is literally 10 times worse. Like, its at the point where when people who aren't into video games see this and make judgments, I can't blame them at all.

... Okay? Would the same people make the same judgements about seeing hammer horror films? What is the point you're trying to make here?

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
My god.

That second Geras fatality is messed up. Even I feel like that one was a bit much.

Just, goddamn. CALM DOWN, Geras!

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Do you only get access to the beta with a digital pre-order, or with physical pre-orders too?

Both.

However it remains to be seen if BestBuy will be timely with the distribution of the codes for retail pre-orders from there.

They are currently 3 for 3 for screwing up my digital pre-order bonuses.

At this rate I should probably pre-order somewhere else but then that would mean losing out on my 20% discount.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Both.

However it remains to be seen if BestBuy will be timely with the distribution of the codes for retail pre-orders from there.

At this rate I should probably pre-order somewhere else but then that would mean losing out on my 20% discount.
Maybe their system is intentionally screwing up so people stop buying games there. I mean remaining GCU members. That's my conspiracy theory.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Thanks for the replies... was just about to order then realised I'm away the entire weekend of the beta, doh!
Ah well, at least I won't have to wait long for the full game.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
unknown.png

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
Conspiracy theory: to avoid confusion, Terminas was renamed Geras after NRS finalized Terminator for DLC.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The voice of Raiden is now the voice of the navigation system in all future tesla cars.

Expect every single Tesla car's navigation to fuck up constantly.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Both.

I got my pre-order code right when I placed my order, about a month or two ago.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

Terminator 100% confirmed DLC. Lock it in I don't want to hear anything different.

Being real, I want to see how far along in the game they got before they changed the name. Like, if the game rolls around and people datamined voice clips referencing Terminas, I'm just gonna assume Terminator is

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
It's possible that the extra slots are placeholders for when the first wave of DLC is revealed before release, so I'm still not going to get my hopes up for bonus characters.

Ryce

Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered that the Injustice 2 site had a bunch of locked boxes that ultimately didn't mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.