• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Woo, I got my (edit: PS4) code! I'll be playing tonight!

Does anyone know if this will allow for local 2-player? I know it's intended to test the online functionality, but I have friends coming over tonight and it would be fun to play some matches together.

Last edited:

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I pre-ordered the $99 version yesterday, and got the code

( also I heard a female shokan will be part of the DLC)

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I pre-ordered the $99 version yesterday, and got the code

( also I heard a female shokan will be part of the DLC)
If you're talking about the pre-order code, that's for the beta at the end of the month. This is the stress test beta that had a different sign up and doesn't require preorder.

Side note: my wife would love to have Sheeva or any Shokan in the game. For some reason, she loves Goro.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I am not good at this game...

Either folks remember the combos introduced in the Kombat Kast or they've managed to play the game already and commit full strings to memory.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Whoa, I just caught up with the previous page. I would be so incredibly stoked with a 29 character base roster. Holy shit, please be true!

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Got my PS4 code. I usually pre order a week before release but I might pre order this early to get into the closed beta.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
Hoping by the time I'm on, more shitty players will have installed and I'll have a chance. Love fighting games, love watching em, absolute trash

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
hzaes00.jpg

Come on. Look at this. Purple and gold with a mask on. Clothes look somewhat regal, somewhat flashy.
Also he's sleeveless and wearing vambraces just like Rain in MKX. He has a man bun ffs, what other character would that make sense for?
One of Scorpions alts is a man bun.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Damn... didn't get a code :(
If anyone gets an extra one, If you don't mind, could you please help me out. PS4 btw.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Come on. Look at this. Purple and gold with a mask on. Clothes look somewhat regal, somewhat flashy.
Also he's sleeveless and wearing vambraces just like Rain in MKX. He has a man bun ffs, what other character would that make sense for?

Regardless of what happens with the base roster and DLC, there's no way they can't know people will look at that and think it's Rain, and on the top-level menu no less. They can't be oblivious to it.
I still think Rain is in the base or early DLC. My guess is base and related to the single player modes, maybe a secret.
Regarding DLC, this is the first time they have put out a DLC-era game that is not back-to-back. There's no precedence on how they handle possible repeat DLC when there's been a game in-between (8 years). That's a long time. So, their "no repeat" DLC hasn't been tested in this scenario where they're not talking about subsequent games. Who knows, maybe it's a special limited-time DLC Pirhana-plant style where he's free for an early period. (i.e. they pulled him off the base roster to do something special)

They know Rain is a huge request, maybe #1, just like they knew Red Hood was.
If Rain's out, they are wither seriously trolling fans to the extent that have never before or they just wanted to put a Rain cameo in there as a nod to Prince without having him be a playable character that gets mangled.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's why Netherrealm games are so good. I happily play hundreds of hours of single player stuff. I get nothing out of beating someone online that I don't get out of beating hard AI and I don't have to listen to some teenage mouth breather as well. It's win/win!

Most people hardly speak online. It's a very rare thing for it to occur, much less be a "teenage mouth breather".

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Reptile was annoying and spamable enough in X, I don't even want to fuck with that on 11

Edit: Loving Skarlet plus customizable variants are really fun to play with

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Welp. Since I do have only this time to play I just ended up buying a code off eBay. lol

I'm now digging in and spending way too much time with the model viewer and photo mode. lol

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Wow. First match felt...strange. I was surprised at how slow it seemed. Felt like we were fighting in mud....this is going to take some getting used to.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Game feels weird as fuck coming from MKX. On top of no practice being available, as well as move lists only available to look at during a match (I can't believe this shit is still a thing, you got an entire menu dedicated to customizing a character and you still can't implement this shit) this shit is just bonkers.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Movement still feels sluggish but I got a 4 match win streak before folks started quitting. lol

Baraka is fun as hell to play as and has deadly range. Skarlet was too honestly. Got my first Brutality as Scorpion in my second match!

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Game feels weird as fuck coming from MKX. On top of no practice being available, as well as move lists only available to look at during a match (I can't believe this shit is still a thing, you got an entire menu dedicated to customizing a character and you still can't implement this shit) this shit is just bonkers.
It's a stress test.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
I don't really care about the speed but does movement and combat feel more or less responsive than it did in MKX? In MKX its like there's a lag to everything, Injustice 2 felt way more fluid and I was hoping MK11 continued that.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
And I will bet you a move list outside matches still won't be available in the full game because its a concept that NRS still cannot fathom after all these years.
By "matches' do you include the practice mode they've included for years that you can access outside of competitive play, or the character-specific tutorial sections for characters that they've included as far back as 2002's Deadly Alliance that give you a breakdown of each character's capabilities?

Is this going to be the next "NRS faces/animations" thing? Move lists that are readily available, but you don't like where or how they list them?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
By "matches' do you include the practice mode they've included for years that you can access outside of competitive play, or the character-specific tutorial sections for characters that they've included as far back as 2002's Deadly Alliance that give you a breakdown of each character's capabilities?

Is this going to be the next "NRS faces/animations" thing? Move lists that are readily available, but you don't like where or how they list them?
Do you sniff your fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.