• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I was just playing the original Mortal Kombat and realized something I had forgotten.

Johnny Cage won't use his nut punch on Sonya. He just does the splits without the punch.

He also refuses to punch himself in the nuts during a mirror match, which is hilarious.

Yog-Sothoth

Oct 1, 2018
So no Reptile as it seems... I know he was shit on a lot... Design and storywise and people nowadays do not care about him.

But for me.he always will be the badass green ninja and first secret character ever and I find it sad that he won't be in according to the leaks

Alone for his role in the first MK movie he will be always be my number one.

Still think it was a mistake trying to make him full reptile somehow because it hurt him a lot
Give us our green ninja 😭😭😭

Deleted member 1273

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one bothered that Cassie Cage is now more Sonya than herself? Like they really lost the character spirit IMHO :(

Oct 26, 2017
Am I the only one bothered that Cassie Cage is now more Sonya than herself? Like they really lost the character spirit IMHO :(

I don't know how you mean. Ever since MKvsDC, Sonya's character has been a tough as nails no-nonsense woman. Cassie's character is pretty much the opposite.

If you mean in terms of Cassie's moveset, then...I guess she's more like old Sonya?

That Dude John

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Did PL say or do anything to provoke this? If not, that's just SF being disrespectful for no reason and making himself look bad (imo).
Fox is referencing when he blew off PL in a first to ten, and then blew him off in three more matches after PL said he had practiced for his Erron Black not his Kitana. Thus, the 13-0 in a first to ten set. It was awesome and terrible at the same time.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was just playing the original Mortal Kombat and realized something I had forgotten.

Johnny Cage won't use his nut punch on Sonya. He just does the splits without the punch.

He also refuses to punch himself in the nuts during a mirror match, which is hilarious.

He doesn't so much refuse as they never got any video of Pesina (as Cage) getting hit by it since mirror wasn't originally planned.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
Fox is referencing when he blew off PL in a first to ten, and then blew him off in three more matches after PL said he had practiced for his Erron Black not his Kitana. Thus, the 13-0 in a first to ten set. It was awesome and terrible at the same time.

I understand the reference, but that was years ago (and happened again in DBFZ). So unless PL provoked him recently, this was just disrespectful by SF... which is something I'm starting to expect from him after watching his stream a few times. Pretty disappointing given his status within the FGC. But if PL provoked him, then it's deserved.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I understand the reference, but that was years ago (and happened again in DBFZ). So unless PL provoked him recently, this was just disrespectful by SF... which is something I'm starting to expect from him after watching his stream a few times. Pretty disappointing given his status within the FGC. But if PL provoked him, then it's deserved.
Heel turn?

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
To anyone that thinks this is just Scorpion in a purple alternate skin, then why would Scorpion look like his normal self in the "fight" menu to the right of "konquer"? I'm convinced Rain will be in the game as a playable character. Either base roster (possibly secret/hidden) or DLC.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Did PL say or do anything to provoke this? If not, that's just SF being disrespectful for no reason and making himself look bad (imo).
It seems he did, on mutiple occassions in DBFZ when Sonic lost to Go1. I don't know much of the drama, but PL did provoke Fox, Fox talked about it not too long ago on a stream.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
To anyone that thinks this is just Scorpion in a purple alternate skin, then why would Scorpion look like his normal self in the "fight" menu to the right of "konquer"? I'm convinced Rain will be in the game as a playable character. Either base roster (possibly secret/hidden) or DLC.

Yup. I don't really believe the three secret character rumor going around. This is too heavy handed an image choice for him not to be in somehow.

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
I also don't buy that Rain isn't in the game as a playable character somehow and that the whole "no character will be dlc twice" thing is bs reason to not make him dlc in 11 if hes not in the base roster/secret unlockable. its been damn near a decade since he was playable in MK9 and him being dlc again with an overhauled MK11 moveset will still feel just as fresh and new as bringing back any other recently playable character that wasn't dlc before. In the end i feel theres no way we'll go through MK11's lifespan with no playable Rain in some fashion.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
PL loves to take subtle shots at Fox about DBFZ. They will always talk crap about each other, no need to over react to it, lol.

Gutsfree

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jun 1, 2018
I'll be excited to get more time with this game at the end of the month. I'm terrible at combos but was able to beat some people by playing smart and whiff punishing. I hope some characters change a little from this beta. Didn't really play Scorpion but the end lag on spear is the easiest thing ever to punish. Hoping to try Skarlett without having Scorpion teleporting in every time I move in every match. Baraka is great though.

Curious to see how much faster the final build is after Ed's tweets.

DrDogg

Oct 25, 2017
It seems he did, on mutiple occassions in DBFZ when Sonic lost to Go1. I don't know much of the drama, but PL did provoke Fox, Fox talked about it not too long ago on a stream.
PL loves to take subtle shots at Fox about DBFZ. They will always talk crap about each other, no need to over react to it, lol.

Fair enough. PL still making poor decisions when it comes to SF then. I think both can be strong in MK11, but PL needs to get focused and lay off SF.

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
I got in the stress test but didn't play, I got caught up in watching Ketchup and Mustards streams which were great. I'm definitely gonna play the beta and I never pre order a month before release.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been a while since I posted the link, so here's an invite to the MK Era discord server

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Oct 26, 2017
One of the reveals is going to be Kotal Kahn, as was teased on the MK Twitter a while back.

And, for the other? Maybe Erron Black or D'Vorah. Or maybe someone that hasn't had an official reveal yet. C'mon Cetrion!

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty likely. Out of the characters we've seen in-game but without any gameplay, only two of them have official renders released.

Jacqui and Erron Black.

I don't know why I'm still trying to make sense of this marketing but there it is.
Isn't one confirmed to be Kotal Kahn?

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017

That's 100% Rain. Whether he's playable in the game or not remains to be seen. I lean towards yes I cause I see no reason for him to be in that menu pic otherwise, but I'm not gonna argue over it since others seem convinced he's not even though we have yet to see the complete roster

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Best MK game free and it's only been a stress test with 3 characters.

I hope they keep MK on this path and let Injustice have all the crazy shit from the past NRS games to keep those fans happy.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Best MK game free and it's only been a stress test with 3 characters.

I hope they keep MK on this path and let Injustice have all the crazy shit from the past NRS games to keep those fans happy.

That's not why I like Injustice. I played it for the characters and also prefer a more deliberate style that's not Marvel crazy. I hope they don't do that, but keep the same philosophy.

I think people play it by default being the currently supported NRS game or just being super hero fans. I honestly can't imagine the Injustice audience being drawn primarily for gameplay.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Probably this build right?

mk11_sc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.