• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over how amazing Kitana's intro is. A true queen. It seems they'll gave her a lot more personality this time around (or so I hope).

Slightly off topic, but I have been avoiding footage for this game since I am a huge MK fan and want to go in as fresh as possible. However, I must ask, how are the fatalities looking, generally, so far?
There's already some all time classics among them, really good stuff. But I think many fatalities are a little too overdone this time around (as in keep going on for longer than it should), but a lot of people love that, so maybe you'll too.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say fatalities are the same as always, the majority is pretty good and a couple are incredible/lame.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Slightly off topic, but I have been avoiding footage for this game since I am a huge MK fan and want to go in as fresh as possible. However, I must ask, how are the fatalities looking, generally, so far?

Just curious, have you seen any of the trailers? It seems like it would be really hard to stay totally in the dark on the game. I couldn't really do it.

thebagel1

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just curious, have you seen any of the trailers? It seems like it would be really hard to stay totally in the dark on the game. I couldn't really do it.
Ive seen the game awards reveal and the new trailer that was in that weird Playstation Nintendo direct ripoff thing that sucked. I was blown away by both of them.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
I was going to say in regards to Fatalities, 11 actually has the shortest ones it seems (excluding Johnny). There are a few outliers but a ton of them are incredibly brief and to the point (lol).

Edit: when thinking about outliers I think I'm actually wrong lol.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018

The most disgusting in franchise history. Dvorahs is more unsettling than wishbone in mk9

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've done some reading and saw the list leak was apparently someone who just saw the original leaked pics (that came with names) and they added Mileena, Shinnok and Shang Tsung themselves as apparent unlockables.

My girl is gone. For now.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say fatalities are the same as always, the majority is pretty good and a couple are incredible/lame.

I think the percentages of hits to misses is looking quite good this time around. However, the misses have the same problem as MKX's where they feel like two (or even three) tiny, disjointed fatalities that don't feed into each other organically.

I want a couple of silly ones, though. Give me something like a giant Jax foot stomp. Let's pepper in some absurdity.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I thought that leak was proven false now?
Anyway, with custom variations, couldn't somebody possibly make an approximate Mileena with Kitana? She's already got some of the moves, just dress her in pink/purple and only use those moves :)

Everything else is lining up from the same rumors.

She got none of Mileenas moves except for the teleport kick. This isn't like the Jade scenario in X.

Kitana and Mileena are not palette swaps. So a purple Kitana wouldn't satisfy anyone that wants a tarkatan Sai wielder.

Oct 25, 2017
The only fatalities I'm not feeling are Black's acid to head stomp (boring) and D'Vorah's birthing fatality (Low hanging fruit for an insect lady, also weirdly sterile looking).

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
and D'Vorah's birthing fatality (Low hanging fruit for an insect lady, also weirdly sterile looking).
tenor.gif

KBadOne

Oct 28, 2017
This exactly like the Jade scenario.
There is no reason to give Kitana, Mileena's sai if they have plan to add her later.

What if and that's a big IF, they are trolling the fans and these moves are just to mess with their emotions and was only intended for the Kombat Kast and reveal trailer. To find out later on that Mileena is actually in the game!

Aug 26, 2018
日本
At this point I'd rather people stop giving that OneAngryGamer account publicity. It's giving that gamergater extra clicks to his toxic website. He doesn't deserve the traffic or ad revenue.
This is such a small segment of people compared to the millions who are going to buy MK11. I wish we wouldn't give these idiots any type of attention.
It was more for the A-cup comment than anything. I mean...gotdayum.

I should've just pulled the comment image perhaps.

It's gonna be fun to rub the inevitably massive sales numbers in their faces though :D
It will indeed.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Mileena fans are delusional lol
It's over she's not in the game.
Her popularity might, might get her in as a season 2 DLC character but kiss her goodbye for launch & season 1 (which was determined already I'm sure).

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
It was more for the A-cup comment than anything. I mean...gotdayum.

I should've just pulled the comment image perhaps.

It will indeed.

They'll be buying it anyway.

Or pirating it, to justify still playing it while they feel like they're sticking it to the man, despite the fact that that's not how that works.

The "gamers" that so desperately want to rise up can't, because you need a backbone to do it.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I'm curious to whether they'll announce any more dlc characters before launch. I'd think they'd be trying to sell the Kombat pass a little harder.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Right now, just Shang Tsung, who is confirmed. Everything else is wishful thinking.

There's been some speculation that Spawn is a guest character, due to comments by Todd Macfarlane, but it hasn't been confirmed yet.

NeoRaider

Feb 7, 2018
I mean Kitana is using her weapon and has her moves. Mileena is not in MK11.
DLC, unloclable, Krypt, secret... she is not in MK11. Ppl need to accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.