• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
New voice actors, new dialogue and in some cases attacks have been changed (Black Lightning got a big fist instead of the MK dragon in his super for example)
Same moves (for the most part, unless it really doesn't fit). Completely different appearance, voice work and name. Different pre-match dialogues too.
Neat. I hope they do this for some of the smaller, less popular characters.
The only thing that might hold it up would be the fatalities, but I guess it all depends how much they want to change up the system for MK11.

Edit: I'm sad he didn't make the roster, but I'd accept a MK2/UMK3 style Human Smoke premier skin for Scorpion

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I know he's hated but the character in your avatar should get a second chance.

tenor.gif
n9s3xazy

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
What's the rumored dlc list?
There isn't one. There was a supposed leak that put Shang Tsung, Mileena and Shinnok as unlockables, but that was bogus.
Shang Tsung is confirmed DLC and Todd Mcfarlane wants peope to believe that Spawn will make it as DLC this time, and that's about it.

All the talk about Mileena, Reptile, Rain etc is fans of these characters wanting them in the game.

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That TER stuff in the steam leak turned out to be what? Just Geras?

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Really hope we gonna get a Kombat Pack 1 trailer this week.

While i overall like the base roster, the right DLC choices would make it much better and feel more complete.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
There isn't one. There was a supposed leak that put Shang Tsung, Mileena and Shinnok as unlockables, but that was bogus.
Shang Tsung is confirmed DLC and Todd Mcfarlane wants peope to believe that Spawn will make it as DLC this time, and that's about it.

All the talk about Mileena, Reptile, Rain etc is fans of these characters wanting them in the game.

Yeah, plus with mileenas sai and reptiles gas already in the game, seems pretty clear they wont be in

Rain maybe too depending on how in depth cetrions water stuff is

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017

I don't think the unlockable Shinnok/Mileena/Shang leak was completely bogus. I'm pretty sure the leaker who leaked that also leaked cetrion's bio which turned out to be true. It's very possible NRS changed up their plans due to leaks and/or had to cut some characters...

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
Really hope we gonna get a Kombat Pack 1 trailer this week.

While i overall like the base roster, the right DLC choices would make it much better and feel more complete.
I wonder if we are. Seems like the game in coming in hotter than previous years. They clearly are behind in their production schedule. It probably wasn't ready to show at e3, they've shown us a bunch of stuff that has changed late (d'vorah being the most noticeable), and the gameplay balance and variations don't seem to be as on solid footing as when MKX came out. The fact that they are only launching with 2 variations per character and that they didn't really start showing the real variations until a couple of kombat kasts ago is also telling.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't think the unlockable Shinnok/Mileena/Shang leak was completely bogus. I'm pretty sure the leaker who leaked that also leaked cetrion's bio which turned out to be true. It's very possible NRS changed up their plans due to leaks and/or had to cut some characters...
I'm 70% sure that the original "leak" was correct, but whoever decided to share it just took that leak and added a few names based on available info (like there is 100% a Shinnok model in the game, Shang Tsung was being worked on, Kitana's moveset has many Mileena moves, etc.). But we'll see.

That said, Mileena fans are starting to freak me out. I don't remember nearly this much hubbub over her when she skipped vanilla MK4, Deadly Alliance, or MKvsDC.

I wonder if we are. Seems like the game in coming in hotter than previous years. They clearly are behind in their production schedule. It probably wasn't ready to show at e3, they've shown us a bunch of stuff that has changed late (d'vorah being the most noticeable), and the gameplay balance and variations don't seem to be as on solid footing as when MKX came out. The fact that they are only launching with 2 variations per character and that they didn't really start showing the real variations until a couple of kombat kasts ago is also telling.
I keep hearing this and none of this seems accurate, largely because they've been releasing tons of info at a breakneck pace. Lest we forget, we didn't even know the game was being MADE until just over 4 months ago. Going from announcement to reveals to release has been a breakneck pace, and I don't think they're "behind" on anything.

If anything, everything they've shown has been at a much faster rate than I'm used to them revealing and even finessing. It's repeating what I saw them doing with MK9 and MKX, and those turned out just fine.

That doesn't mean they won't tweak stuff based on feedback. Lest we forget, MK9 and MKX had exhaustive revisions post-launch.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I would rather no guests but I'd be very happy with Terminator. Arnie and a metal exo skeleton skins.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
That said, Mileena fans are starting to freak me out. I don't remember nearly this much hubbub over her when she skipped vanilla MK4, Deadly Alliance, or MKvsDC.
Mileena crazies on GameFaqs are apparently planning to review bomb the game. There's also a 15-page thread called "why is Mileena so beautiful?", lmao.

It wasn't really as bad before because she hadn't truly evolved into the role of obligatory crazy evil waifu yet until MK9.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
What do people think we will see for Spawn's gear (in the chance that he is a DLC character)? I placed an image of some I found off a Kotaku article for reference
gns2l8k1oqhbe6vus9ee.png

I think the obvious ones would be his first and "New Costume"

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mileena crazies on GameFaqs are apparently planning to review bomb the game. There's also a 15-page thread called "why is Mileena so beautiful?", lmao.

It wasn't really as bad before because she hadn't truly evolved into the role of obligatory crazy evil waifu yet until MK9.
I think you quoted the wrong person but what is going on with Mileena?

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oops, yeah, fixed. They're basically just freaking out because she got practically deconfirmed the other day.
Ah I see.

I liked her in MKX because they finally did something interesting with her but I don't see why they are mad. She died last game so it should be obvious they are waiting to bring her back into the series. Maybe the next game.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Welp. Copies are out in the wild.
0549qi3rbgs21.jpg

Apparently
Frost isn't in the roster screen. You have to unlock her?

Servers aren't up and there's no day 1 patch yet.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

She only became really fetishized in MK9 with those awful outfits. Now all of the creeps are obsessed with her.

I say the best thing to do is to bring Mileena and Ermac back as secret characters, just to call back to UMK3.

But mostly just bring Mac back. Who cares about Mileena.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
She only became really fetishized in MK9 with those awful outfits. Now all of the creeps are obsessed with her.

I say the best thing to do is to bring Mileena and Ermac back as secret characters, just to call back to UMK3.

Dude this started with the PS2 MK games. Mileena is probably second to Scorp/Sub in popularity.

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Mileena being hypersexualized actually started with Deception. She also appeared in an adult magazine at the time, maybe Playboy? I can't remember.

Agree with everything else, especially with Ermac needs to return.

Village

Oct 25, 2017

Mileena has always been popular dog

Village

Oct 25, 2017

People like her and want her to be in the game? I dunno what's the issue with that.

I got some of the characters I want, but I dunno not having the character you wanna play in the game kinda sucks and they can complain about it

Unless they are like on some waluigi shit and sending death threats

That's no bueno

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Spawn could fit I'd say. That would mean he's been in both SoulCalibur and MK
He wouldn't be alone.
5635829995_bac6febb01.jpg

dims

Kratos gets around.

People like her and want her to be in the game? I dunno what's the issue with that.

I got some of the characters I want, but I dunno not having the character you wanna play in the game kinda sucks and they can complain about it

Unless they are like on some waluigi shit and sending death threats

That's no bueno
It's Waluigi levels in some places, yes.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Bad decision putting the KK next week, by the time it happens, this game will be more than leaked.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
It's Waluigi levels in some places, yes.

That is infact, not buenus .

Just incase some of you might be lurking resetera

Don't threaten peoples lives over video games. Along with being a bad thing to do, causing distress to developers making their already ununuinized lives harder and even more uncertain , contributing to stress they already , and again being a shitty thing to do and I think a crime. Its also very insulting, no one's life is worth a video game and the implication that you wish to end someone's life over one is , kinda insulting. I think everyone think's their own existence is worth a bit more than that.

Don't do that, not bueen. Negative Bueno

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Bad decision putting the KK next week, by the time it happens, this game will be more than leaked.

Some poor decisions.

One of their big reveals just got scooped by early copy, and they still haven't shown gameplay of the pre-order character they've been pushing for months.

edit: and now Shao Kahn footage is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.