• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
fzP1xrP_d.jpg

Can't wait.
Hell yeah! Gimme that fit in white and I'm set!

AdversaryOne

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Dvorah, Skarlet and Jax look the most interesting to me so far. I can't believe I'm starting to be so excited over an MK game again.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably alone here, but I'm not a fan of Frost's costume. I hope the others are better. Her hair though is great. Such a huge step up.

And man, WB is working fast on putting the videos down, not a single one here is working anymore.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Frost looks like she should have been in Injustice 2. Yeah not feeling the art direction and designs of this game at all.

Atleast Skarlet has her Ponytail

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Scorpion doesnt have misery blade in any of his ranked/competitive variants...
This is why I'm staying in Player Matches. it's so dumb. We know they are adding more variations over time, but it's gonna be a shame watching tournaments when you know some of the moves people like for their characters aren't usable.

edit: I think I read the day 1 patch isn't downloadable yet, so hopefully some of those variants aren't final.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't think those variants are final, at least I hope not. Some only have a 2 slot move in with nothing else put in which is pretty dumb.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't get why they don't have a kustomization setting on the char select.

If people can pick the 3 characters in order as well as an assist for each character in Marvel why can't MK11 simply have you select your character which then brings you to your moves that you quickly choose and select.

Pick Skorpion -> pick moves for all available move slots

all on the character select screen.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I still don't get why they don't have a kustomization setting on the char select.

If people can pick the 3 characters in order as well as an assist for each character in Marvel why can't MK11 simply have you select your character which then brings you to your moves that you quickly choose and select.

Pick Skorpion -> pick moves for all available move slots

all on the character select screen.
They can, but because they hadn't planned it like that, and changing it when it wasn't initially planned means both a UI re-design and additional balancing for competitive play...that aren't going to happen overnight. Do I wish kustom variations, a key marketing point since the game's reveal, were a part of ranked play from the beginning? Absolutely. But now that it's clear they weren't, I'm not expecting that to change anytime soon (or more likely, at all).

Oct 26, 2017
I was asleep for 13 hours, and awoke to see this thread jumped four pages. I guess somebody got the game early for real.

Frost looks real cool. I hope she gets officially shown during the Xbox dealy tomorrow.

I really don't think those variants are final, at least I hope not. Some only have a 2 slot move in with nothing else put in which is pretty dumb.

I'm inclined to agree. After looking at some of those photos of the "competitive variations", Scorpion's seem incomplete. The one with the spear moves is called "Hellish Inferno" while the one with the teleport cancel is called "Deathly Sting".

I'm glad Baraka at least has his Gutted special on one of his competitive variations, but it also has Spine Burst, which I'm not fond of. Chop Chop grants Baraka great damage anywhere on the screen, and Spine Burst replaces Chop Chop.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Scorpion doesnt have misery blade in any of his ranked/competitive variants...

Having the move system they have then stripping it out of competitive is such a brain dead decisions and a huge step back from variants in MKX. It makes certain moves totally fucking pointless when they could have spent that time and resources elsewhere..

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All the videos are down, what was the Erron Black intro?

Edit: Never mind, found it. That's hilarious

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Having the move system they have then stripping it out of competitive is such a brain dead decisions and a huge step back from variants in MKX. It makes certain moves totally fucking pointless when they could have spent that time and resources elsewhere..

It basically just ends up being a shittier version of MKX variations because where in X they had a limited number of fixed variations so they had to put thought into which moves this character will have in this game across the 3 variations but in 11 there are no fixed variations its just put together variations and the community is told we picked these moves from all the available ones in the game and you will like it, and making more variations down the line that are allowed for tournaments/ranked is just a dumb way to try and fix a problem they created in the first place.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Let's forget about the fact everyone loved to customize their characters and let's pretend the current option was something the community didn't really mind.

Why in the actual fuck did they decide to ship the game with some of the preset options having slots to spare? WHY? WHY???????????????
That Shao Khan fatality lol.... shouldn't your head explode from impact? Hilarious.
Yeah, sure, that's the one thing that doesn't make sense from that fatality :P

Blaackstarr

Oct 30, 2017
Let's forget about the fact everyone loved to customize their characters and let's pretend the current option was something the community didn't really mind.

Why in the actual fuck did they decide to ship the game with some of the preset options having slots to spare? WHY? WHY???????????????

Let's see what the day 1 patch does first for the presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.