• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B1ggRandall

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif
I love this gif lol

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Will ranked mode have actual ranks?
Will profiles be hidden to avoid dodgers?
Will their be a promotion and demotion system based on who you win and lose to?
Will I be able to cue up for rank while in practice mode and searching other menus?
Will I be able to filter by connection?
Will it be best out of 3 or best out of 5?

Things that will actually make it a fruitful and comprehensive tournament experience are still up in the air. Folks are worried about kustom variations in ranked when we don't even know what features it will bring to differentiate itself from player match, especially when NRS has proven to never actually have any truly competitive features.

Everything you just mentioned is what I hope for as well.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
It just wouldn't be a fighting game in the year 2001 if a fighting game didn't have unlockable hidden characters!

Btw, did you guys see Monsters, Inc? I think that franchise has a lot of potential!

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I've made my peace with no super secret characters.
Now my current hope is that they at least include a secret fight against a MK1 style Reptile (they can just recolour Scorpion or Sub-Zero, I don't care, it'll be accurate enough).

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Do you think charcters will be revealed in 3s like MKX/Injustice 2

Shang Tsung - ???? - Pennywise is my bet

Last edited:

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Servers are offline so nothing seems to be able to be unlocked. I tried yesterday to unlock Frost and wasn't able. I don't receive XP or rewards either. Can't play krypt or tower of time, can play klassic tower but a disclaimer about not receiving rewards pops up.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Servers are offline so nothing seems to be able to be unlocked. I tried yesterday to unlock Frost and wasn't able. I don't receive XP or rewards either. Can't play krypt or tower of time, can play klassic tower but a disclaimer about not receiving rewards pops up.
You need to be always online to unlock stuff or play with the Krypt?
Hopefully that's just a pre-release requirement.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you're able to could you please post or DM Liu Kang and Sub Zero's skins? I would love to see them.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm at work right now! Maybe later in the day.

Hey you cutie pie you, do you know how skins work yet ?

Do you see all of them and then you just need to unlock them, or do they have them hidden until you unlock them ?

Do you have a rough idea of how many skins are in the game for each character at launch ? (unique skin models not the recolors, say Revenant Jade is one, human Jade is 2 etc..)

Also can I add Johnny to the costume list ;D Thank you.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
Hey you cutie pie you, do you know how skins work yet ?

Do you see all of them and then you just need to unlock them, or do they have them hidden until you unlock them ?

Do you have a rough idea of how many skins are in the game for each character at launch ? (unique skin models not the recolors, say Revenant Jade is one, human Jade is 2 etc..)

Also can I add Johnny to the costume list ;D Thank you.
Lol .

You can see a whole lot of skins from the start in the Kustomization menu. There are like... 5 skins per character and a lot of recolors for each.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it is. I hope it is at least. It looks like maybe the game needs kind of an activation day 1 patch of sorts or whatever.
No Frost gameplay because I played up to chapter 4, finished it, and she did not unlock. It seems that the game needs a patch or something to start awarding XP and unlocks.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.