• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018

60€ base version, 90€ premium version
12 supported languages
Coming April 23rd

QLOC is porting the game on PC.

ss_5aaa0c14bd5969c4865c53463ed71ef4601952fe.1920x1080.jpg

ss_40891caa023b1ebc286da58221d8f869f3498dba.1920x1080.jpg

ss_5b88f071939e32c790dd9e84890d9c197956a7be.1920x1080.jpg

More screenshots on Steam

Last edited:

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling that rumored "Adventure Mode" return was a lie...

And if that is the case, I am going to be EXTREMELY sad.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Not going to bother till there is an understanding of the port quality and how well the game is supported. If this was QLOC, I would have much more confidence.

OMEGALUL

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
They seriously couldn't get somebody else to do a PC version? Was the PC budget 2 bucks or something.

Last edited:

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Would possibly double dip for PC version, but after MKX, I'll wait for the reviews. That game was a disaster on PC for the longest time.

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
I get the feeling that rumored "Adventure Mode" return was a lie...

And if that is the case, I am going to be EXTREMELY sad.

I know they have the budget for this but I'd rather them focus on the actual fighting game and put all their effort into that. MK X was far from being on the same shelf as other fighting games, especially animation-wise.

Also, we all know how Deception and Armageddon's adventure modes turned out.

I also don't get why Shaolin Monks was THAT popular since I felt it was mediocre at best and I'm a huge MK buff (even watched that silly cartoon).

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I know they have the budget for this but I'd rather them focus on the actual fighting game and put all their effort into that. MK X was far from being on the same shelf as other fighting games, especially animation-wise.

I also don't get why Shaolin Monks was THAT popular since I felt it was mediocre at best and I'm a huge MK buff (even watched that silly cartoon).
Shaolin Monks was popular because beat em ups are awesome as shit and it was co-op Mortal Kombat and a solid ass beat em up.

ucanadam

Alt account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018

It was not mediocre at best . Its one of best beat em up - coop action games. Sucks your opinion is not good

DanteMenethil

Oct 25, 2017
Bit dissapointed in those screenshots tbh, doesn't look that good visually. Maybe just bad shots.

Edit: Yeah it's the stage. Looking at the steam page the second last screenshot is in another stage and looks fantastic.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good luck with that. Both Lucious games ran like crap on PC and were bad ports.
Man WTF is this developer? Like no disrespect (or maybe a bit), but why can't NRS hire a more established porting house for Mortal fucking Kombat? Or better yet, why can't they handle it themselves?

May 26, 2018
As always, wait for impressions on performance and bugs before ordering it on PC and getting burned. Learn from the ones who have come before!

And by "the ones" I mean I am completely egocentric and mean myself.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to tell ppl WB has a track record with this kinda shit with the PC in the reveal thread but I was wrong because: Late Ports!! Once is a mistake but damn near 3 times with this shit.....I'll wait for other to test it first.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
OP rumors and hints go toward it's UE4. No way this gonna run on Switch if it still uses UE3. UE4 is what every electric device supports now. Plus it's over shiny, colorful and and lighting looks overhauled also materials reflect the light which means it is using PBR.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
OP rumors and hints go toward it's UE4. No way this gonna run on Switch if it still uses UE3. UE4 is what every electric device supports now. Plus it's over shiny, colorful and and lighting looks overhauled also materials reflect the light which means it is using PBR.
The Switch is the biggest hint it uses UE4. UE3 flat out isn't supported on Switch.

I really don't get why NRS can't handle PC ports themselves. Neither Capcom/Dimps, Namco or ArcSys does that. Or even Arika. Every other FG developer handles their own PC versions.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
The Switch is the biggest hint it uses UE4. UE3 flat out isn't supported on Switch.

I really don't get why NRS can't handle PC ports themselves. Neither Capcom/Dimps, Namco or ArcSys does that. Or even Arika. Every other FG developer handles their own PC versions.

I was surprised too that this game too won't be ported by NTS. I mean aren't all games made on PC? Isn't this a multiplatform game? Aren't the highest assets existing on PC? This is confusing tbh.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
  • It has proper adventure mode , new version of Shaolin Monks type of gameplay. pretty big deal , you can play and customize your character in this mode,lots of items for customize weapons etc shit too. Also boxes (daily, buyable etc..)
    [*]Adventure mode is 2 player co-op , online or single. drop in drop out
    [*]Story mode and adventure are different both are included. story mode is normal NRS game style[/QUOTE[

I was gonna buy this, but now I'm gonna buy the shit out of it.

Ikouros

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
I don't think anybody knows 100% yet, but the Switch version is a possible hint towards UE4.

Outlast 2 runs on UE3 on Switch.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outlast 2 runs on UE3 on Switch.
UE3 has to be ported by the dev team, it's not natively supported. also Neatherrealm uses the same branched UE3 as Rocksteady. and since Rocksteady ditched their branch for UE4, Neatherrealm is more than likely on UE4 as well.

simplest answer and all that

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
What made MKX such a disaster on PC? I jumped in late and never had any problems with it... though I only really play single player.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What made MKX such a disaster on PC? I jumped in late and never had any problems with it... though I only really play single player.

High Voltage did the original port, and it was horrible and generally had a ton of problems.

They were replace by QLoc, who fixed it with the MKXL release, and basically turned it into the best version of the game.

For some reason it seems like they decided to not have Qloc handle MK11, instead going with Shiver, which is worrisome.

Ganado

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Ikouros

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
UE3 has to be ported by the dev team, it's not natively supported. also Neatherrealm uses the same branched UE3 as Rocksteady. and since Rocksteady ditched their branch for UE4, Neatherrealm is more than likely on UE4 as well.

simplest answer and all that

I don't doubt the game is using UE4 - the screens suggests as such. Just pointing out that just because an engine isn't supported, it doesn't mean it won't run. Needs must, in Red Barrels case.

OP
OP
Rodjer

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Good luck with that. Both Lucious games ran like crap on PC and were bad ports.
another trash PC port incoming...shit is wild yo
For some reason it seems like they decided to not have Qloc handle MK11, instead going with Shiver, which is worrisome.
Not going to bother till there is an understanding of the port quality and how well the game is supported. If this was QLOC, I would have much more confidence.

Ok, they changed to QLOC, i don't know what's happened but yes, QLOC is now the studio porting the PC version.

I'm confident now!

abracadaver

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I pre-ordered MKX but I will wait for a sale on this.

Not concered about the quality but the price drops for MKX were crazy.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
- UE4
- Shao Kahn being a pre-order character sealed that
- Customize costumes like Injustice 2. Seemed to hint towards something regarding it due to Scorpion having outfits

Well, people are theorizing the game will feature time travel, the outfits could be not about customization but about the 2nd scorpion who shows up in the trailer being Past Scorpion and the first one being Present Scorpion.