• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Edit: People comparing Mileena to Juri are just wrong.

She is an untamed animal who seeks to destroy and consume all that enters her sight...She has altered her own body in her insatiable quest for power. She respects no law. No morality. She does whatever it takes to achieve her goals and quench her limitless thirst.

You could shove that onto Mileena as a descriptor and you wouldn't know the difference save for "altering her own body". Psycho chick in pink, same character basically.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Whatever happened to the rumor that there would be a Konquest-like mode in the game? This rumor did happen right? I am sure I've read that somewhere.

Goney

Oct 25, 2017
Whatever happened to the rumor that there would be a Konquest-like mode in the game? This rumor did happen right? I am sure I've read that somewhere.

I also remember seeing something along the lines of "Shaolin Monks-esque story mode"

It sounds like you will control a character in the Krypt though. So maybe this is what it ended up being.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's a better look at what Frost looks like;

frostmk11.png

NRS fucking KILLED her design in this game. She looks fucking incredible.

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
That wasn't a credible rumour. Same rumor said Sonya and co weren't in the game.

Ah that's too bad then, was looking forward to that. As lame as the story was, exploring the world and finding chests etc was pretty fun and provided a nice break to the fighting aspect of the game. Maybe next time then...

Here's a better look at what Frost looks like;

frostmk11.png

NRS fucking KILLED her design in this game. She looks fucking incredible.

Indeed they have, she looks fantastic.

I wonder how she fights in this one. The last time she appeared in the game she wielded ice daggers right?

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp I guess that's another ice character for me to play with. Sub-Zero/Frost mains unite!

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Wow so those roster leaks (including the secret character) were true.

I'm really liking this roster, much better than the MKX one with the exception of losing out on Kenshi, Takeda, Ermac and Reptile. Hopefully they get added in via the Fighter Packs later.

Definitely gonna main my old pal Noob.
Gonna roll
Noob
Sub Zero
Skarlet
Geras
Scorpion

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
Mileena is way more popular than Juri, stop. If anything Juri is the Mileena of SF. I think it's a mistake leaving her out, but whatever.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Mileena is not the Juri of MK wtf. Just because they wear purple ? Juri hasn't been there since the OG games.

Chun would be Sonya and Kitana/Mileena would be Cammy. Mileena and Kitana seem like a Ryu/ Ken or Scorp/Subz sorta thing , I don't think one is more popular/recognizable than the other. But if they were going to pick only one it would be Kitana. Kinda like how Ryu/Scorp get the pick.

Last edited:

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
"Back Blown Out" Gen Xers I am begging you to stop using slang you aren't prepared to handle

Oct 27, 2017
Man, screw it. I just bought a 400Gb SD card for my Switch, so I preordered. I haven't been HARDCORE into MK since 2, though I bought X and MK vs. DC, and Injustice. My kids played all of them a HELL of a lot more than I did. I guess maybe I lost my taste for fighting games but for some reason I'm jazzed for this.

So, like, I know that in X (I think) they added an easy Fatality mode that required koins or something, and that you could literally pay for koins with cash. Am I remembering this all right? Is that stuff in this one? I love the idea of easy fatalities.

Oct 25, 2017
Mileena is not the Juri of MK wtf. Just because they wear purple ? Juri hasn't been there since the OG games.

Chun would be Sonya and Kitana/Mileena would be Cammy. Mileena and Kitana seem like a Ryu/ Ken or Scorp/Subz sorta thing , I don't think one is more popular/recognizable than the other. But if they were going to pick only one it would be Kitana. Kinda like how Ryu/Scorp get the pick.
if we're going strictly for popularity Mileena is probably around like Guile level. She definitely has a lot of fans but at the same time is not so indispensable where she can't miss a game.