• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Sigh, Towers of Time is a online only mode :(
The guy who got the game early checked.
Hype seriously deflated.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
if we're going strictly for popularity Mileena is probably around like Guile level. She definitely has a lot of fans but at the same time is not so indispensable where she can't miss a game.

Yea thats exactly where I would put here. And characters like Guile/Cammy have missed launch rosters before too. Shes not the "Chun" of MK by any stretch.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
She's not bad. Pretty much the only character from DA and Deception worth salvaging other than Kenshi.
latest

His time will come again

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean where are we in the compared to the events of the original timeline? I know x was mk4, so are we in DA and deception era now?

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Anything mentioned for stage fatalities? I forgot about them until the mural from NRS studio space was posted showing the classic pit last week.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
I like Mileena, she was my favourite in MKX, but it shouldn't be a surprise she's not in this given
she died real, real hard in MK10. They also wasted the potential for her set up in the comics.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Sigh, Towers of Time is a online only mode :(
The guy who got the game early checked.
Hype seriously deflated.
All the towers?
In previous NRS ganes some were online and some weren't.

The ones that change daily, etc. makes sense, but the other ones like Endurance, or with arcade endings would be weird.

PalaceMidas

May 19, 2018
I mean where are we in the compared to the events of the original timeline? I know x was mk4, so are we in DA and deception era now?

We're way beyond anything depicted in the original timeline I think? The prologue of X (first few chapters) were the new version of MK4.

Once that was over, it jumped forward 25(?) years. In the original timeline, Armageddon had happened before it got anywhere that length of time.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Question: I played the hell out of the injustice 2 alternate universe sections because they were pretty generous with loot

Is MK11 generous with loot? I know they've said 'no lootboxes' so how do you get new stuff?

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
All the towers?
In previous NRS ganes some were online and some weren't.

The ones that change daily, etc. makes sense, but the other ones like Endurance, or with arcade endings would be weird.
Klassic towers are probably playable offline.
The hugely replayable Towers of Time Mode with an endless amount of new missions is not.
Incredibly disappointing after Multiverse in Injustice 2 was fully playable offline.

Maximum Spider

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Mileena is not the Juri of MK wtf. Just because they wear purple ? Juri hasn't been there since the OG games.

Chun would be Sonya and Kitana/Mileena would be Cammy. Mileena and Kitana seem like a Ryu/ Ken or Scorp/Subz sorta thing , I don't think one is more popular/recognizable than the other. But if they were going to pick only one it would be Kitana. Kinda like how Ryu/Scorp get the pick.
Reptile is the Blanka of Mortal Kombat. Too bad Boon isn't the Ono of Street Fighter.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Ok, I've given this time to gestate.

Kotal Khan and Skarlet are really dumb characters I would replace in a heartbeat, but everyone else is super solid.

Reptile, Smoke, Ermac, Rain, and Takeda are the major omissions, and only one of them isn't a ninja. I'm guessing Scorpion will inherit Takeda's movesets (or some of them). Reptile is almost 100% a lock for DLC. Rain and Smoke are likely but not guaranteed. Ermac, I dunno.

I swear, if Smoke and Rain miss a game again I'll be... vey disappointed and sulk for a while

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kotal Khan and Skarlet are really dumb characters I would replace in a heartbeat, but everyone else is super solid.

Reptile, Smoke, Ermac, Rain, and Takeda are the major omissions, and only one of them isn't a ninja. I'm guessing Scorpion will inherit Takeda's movesets (or some of them). Reptile is almost 100% a lock for DLC. Rain and Smoke are likely but not guaranteed. Ermac, I dunno.

I swear, if Smoke and Rain miss a game again I'll be... vey disappointed and sulk for a while
Smoke and Reptile I'd take but the rest cam take a permanent hike.

Rain lol. I've already had more fun with Skarlet in the beta then I ever had with Rain. She might be my main even.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Rain will not be in MK11. I already told y'all Mileena wouldn't and it was so, so expect no different with Rain. Rain just ain't one of those characters that come back. OG jobbers like Reptile, Baraka, Mileena and Ermac? Sure. But they will also sit out every now and then.

Rain? Smoke? Once in a blue moon. I have spoken.

💨🌧🔫

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're way beyond anything depicted in the original timeline I think? The prologue of X (first few chapters) were the new version of MK4.

Once that was over, it jumped forward 25(?) years. In the original timeline, Armageddon had happened before it got anywhere that length of time.
I see yeah that makes sense. I guess with Liu kang, Shang Tsung and Quan chi dead DA can never take place in first place. Also with reptile dead Onaga has no chance to come back.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

Not a fan of Kotal at all, but I personally really like Skarlet.

Takeda is such a huge omission, i'm legit surprised that they only kept him in one game and then ditched him for the next. Wondering if they're going to spread the newbies over fighter packs. Missing Jin too.

But yeah, Smoke missing 2 games back to back and no Rain again is kinda depressing.

I'd like to see Fighter Pack 1 be:
Takeda
Smoke
Khameleon
Guest Character 1

and Fighter Pack 2:
Jin
Rain
Kenshi
Guest Character 2

Beastie91

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Bay Area CA
Has the whole story been leaked to know that for sure? Just cause a character isn't playable doesn't mean they won't be there. Rain was in MKX.

Im not sure if mk11 story leaked or not but thats kinda my point I want to play her not just see her in the story this time feelsbad :( I know one thing tho NRS already has my money when it comes to the DLC fighters its gonna be crazy!

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Not a fan of Kotal at all, but I personally really like Skarlet.

Takeda is such a huge omission, i'm legit surprised that they only kept him in one game and then ditched him for the next. Wondering if they're going to spread the newbies over fighter packs. Missing Jin too.

But yeah, Smoke missing 2 games back to back and no Rain again is kinda depressing.

I'd like to see Fighter Pack 1 be:
Takeda
Smoke
Khameleon
Guest Character 1

and Fighter Pack 2:
Jin
Rain
Kenshi
Guest Character 2

The Kombat Pack are going to be bigger this time. 6 characters in the first one and probably 6 others if they do a Kombat Pack 2 which they'll certainly will.