• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Here's a better look at what Frost looks like;

frostmk11.png

NRS fucking KILLED her design in this game. She looks fucking incredible.

Whoa is it just me or
her default color scheme and design is very similar to Geras and Kronika? I have a feeling she's gonna play a more central role this time around...

Oct 25, 2017
Has the whole story been leaked to know that for sure? Just cause a character isn't playable doesn't mean they won't be there. Rain was in MKX.
People have been mentioning for a while that someone mentioned that they were going to try and move away from having non-playable characters show up in the story mode.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see Frost is back. I liked her in DA, hope they give her a lot of different moves to differentiate her from Sub-Zero and keep up her agressive personality that we saw a bit of in X.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
21 stages makes me smile. I feel x didnt have enough by a longshot.

Thats damn nice. Fighting on the same stages over and over makes the game stale for me. Its why my biggest pet peeve when watching pro play is everyone only playing on training stage. Fuck that shit. I'll tune out after about an hour because it just gets boring for me visually. Street Fighter Alpha 3 will always be one of my treasured FG's because it had far an away more stages than most other FG's could dream of at the time of its release.

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
Klassic towers are probably playable offline.
The hugely replayable Towers of Time Mode with an endless amount of new missions is not.
Incredibly disappointing after Multiverse in Injustice 2 was fully playable offline.
Though not "fully", at least on consoles. You could play it while offline and changing dates to trigger some events, but it was more of like default/cached data that was saved already; and not the latest more recent events.

Its disappointing that Injustice 2 only had like 8 :(
Injustice 2 had 20.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game really only has 19, considering 3 of the stages are the same just with different lighting and stuff. (judging by the select screen)

Dec 15, 2017
I don't get it. Is Frost a meme started by the PS2 era kids that had their first MK experience with the dreadful 3D games? A "so bad is good" joke? The 3D era should be dead and buried. I don't want Darriou, Kobra, Li Mei and Hsu Hao as DLC.

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. Is Frost a meme started by the PS2 era kids that had their first MK experience with the dreadful 3D games? A "so bad is good" joke? The 3D era should be dead and buried. I don't want Darriou, Kobra, Li Mei and Hsu Hao as DLC.

While largely trash, there are a couple worth saving characters from that era. Frost is one the more favored. Kenshi and Funji are a couple more.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018

People can like character designs from 'weaker' entries, otherwise we wouldn't get Kenshi being promoted to a series regular or comprehensive character salvages like Tremor. Cherrypicking the bottom of the barrel with Dairou and Hsu Hao doesn't negate the fact that people genuinely want to see them acknowledge the character designs that were more well regarded from those games, especially since they don't seem to mind acknowledging locales and designs from those games as well.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
When you see the double sickle fatality for Noob, it's kind of hard to deny the Malthael influence

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
any reports on the amount/quality of SP content? that's all I play fighting games for

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
any reports on the amount/quality of SP content? that's all I play fighting games for
There's literally nothing more than what we already know as far as quantity go. Quality can't be measured because the time towers are locked and so is the krypt. I won't spoil myself with the story mode.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There's literally nothing more than what we already know as far as quantity go. Quality can't be measured because the time towers are locked and so is the krypt. I won't spoil myself with the story mode.
okay got it

I will keep an eye before release to see if there are any further reports of SP content

Oct 25, 2017
Do Sindel fans (why are there Sindel fans) forget that she is literally the reason we have revenant shenanigans?

Sindel is the worst. Bad gameplay gimmicks, awful design, murdered everyone.

Just terrible all around.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I tell ya again, there was a missed opportunity for the secret characters to be Mileena and Ermac to call back to UMK3. That way everyone's minds are blown at the nostalgia while also satisfying the needs of the creeps into Mileena and the cultured folk into Ermac.