• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
It's missing the little fighting silhouettes during the level select, which is odd, and the load times are much longer too. Still impressive!

sosainas

Sep 13, 2018
I played it on handheld mode today. Sub-zero resolution, but very smooth. I took some screenshots, direct feed from my Switch:

WwM66Rz.jpg

JOYkoDN.jpg

gtfvS5k.jpg

nBMgiNW.jpg

Oct 28, 2017
And that's it for me! Just went and pre-ordered it on the eShop.

I will wait to get a copy for my X when the price drops.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Hmm, I don't think that video is from the handheld mode, it's the same video that was posted in this thread yesterday.
those screenshots sosainas posted from the hadnheld mode look a lot more pixelated than the video.

sosainas

Sep 13, 2018
By the way, 16GB update. Not sure if it's mandatory but it seems so. Will try to play without it.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Big shout-out to Shiver Entertainment for developing this version alongside the XB1/PS4 versions AND having it release day and date with them too. Props has to be given.

Continues to look great. Hope it sells well.

sosainas

Sep 13, 2018
this is stunning honestly.

never judge by switch screenshots. they are always awful.

They are literally the best way to judge how a game looks aside from actually playing it. It just depends on which device you are looking the pics. If you look them in a device with a screen similar to Switch's, then you'll get an almost exact experience of how the game looks. If you are seeing those pics in a 32" monitor, obviously they will look worse.

sosainas

Sep 13, 2018
Big shout-out to Shiver Entertainment for developing this version alongside the XB1/PS4 versions AND having it release day and date with them too. Props has to be given.

Continues to look great. Hope it sells well.

Are you sure they developed the XB1/PS4 versions too? I thought they only did the Switch port.

OP
OP
Lady Bow

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
They are literally the best way to judge how a game looks aside from actually playing it. It just depends on which device you are looking the pics. If you look them in a device with a screen similar to Switch's, then you'll get an almost exact experience of how the game looks. If you are seeing those pics in a 32" monitor, obviously they will look worse.
This ain't true at all. I've taken hundreds of docked pictures of BoTW and they all look worse compared to live gameplay. There's some weird artifacting/aliasing issues with Switch screenshots.

Capture card or bust.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018

No Lol. they are literally the worst way to judge a switch game since they are compressed af.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I played it on handheld mode today. Sub-zero resolution, but very smooth. I took some screenshots, direct feed from my Switch:

WwM66Rz.jpg

JOYkoDN.jpg

gtfvS5k.jpg

nBMgiNW.jpg
Textures mostly looks like shit (right of the first screenshot), and resolution seems super low (counting like 360p on the third screenshot). Lighting seems off too. But hey at least the interface is native 720p !

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
This is basically one of the best gen current gen games downported to Switch at 60 fps, it could like like a 3DS game and I'd be in to be honest.