• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dracon

Oct 27, 2017
I dont like that they showed the gameplay in that tiny screen and the cutscene in the regular video size. Seems like a bad faith logic.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great - some people acted like it would look like a n64 game just because its on Switch lol.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow it actually looks great, now im watching it through my phone but idk, I could still notice a downgrade but if say a casual observer saw this trailer they would be none the wiser

BordyDogue

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Looks pretty crusty imo, especially the lighting seems much worse, but 60 frames is 60 frames

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cutscenes look great. Pre remdered????

Gameplay... less great but seems totally serviceable.

Oct 27, 2017
I dont like that they showed the gameplay in that tiny screen and the cutscene in the regular video size. Seems like a bad faith logic.
Not sure why either. I mean the Vita had the same graphics as the console version in cutscenes (they were pre rendered) so I assume this is the same thing. The gameplay parts of the trailer look good though so I don't see why they didn't show more of it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

Just like its bad faith showing off the the OneX/Pro version while marketing the game and letting base Xbox/PS4 peasants think thats what the game will look like?

Of course they are gonna showcase the game in the best possible light during a trailer.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I can't blow it up on my screen right now but cinematics look great

Actual gameplay looks really paired back in lighting. Shadows look weird? I think they might only be casting on the ground and not on the background at times like the other versions don't quote me on that.
Otherwise looks like a great portable verison of MK i wanted

Fastrun

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

OmniStrife

Dec 11, 2017
Most cutscenes in previous games also weren't real-time (unless they were interactive).
Also, finally some hype music in MK trailer.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That's just SOP for marketing handheld games. Has been for a long time. You're going to watch the trailer on a screen that has a higher native resolution than the Switch's own, after all.
I wonder what the odds are that they're showing off docked footage as though it's handheld, tho. That's a possibility.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Looks good. I'll still roll with my PS4 pre-order to start, and if I find myself actually getting long-term invested, I'll double dip on Switch for on-the-go play, assuming this brief look is indicative of the full-scale experience on Switch. Impressive public debut IMO.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks better than I expected, will probably grab it there as I only have 1 controller on PS4.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, already pre-ordered on switch, will probably buy the deluxe version on PC when all the DLC has release.

Wish the switch version wasn't releasing later in europe though.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
That's clever advertising. Show the cutscenes at full res, while displaying the gameplay in a small window. Keeps people from having a good look at the cutbacks.

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I died laughing when they showed the actual gameplay. Not that it's terrible, but it's a case of showing it in a tiny window, so I have no idea how it actually looks. Maybe watch it on my tv later so I can actually see it.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Looks pretty good. I guess cutscenes will be pre rendered? Does that mean no QTE sections?

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
That's just SOP for marketing handheld games. Has been for a long time. You're going to watch the trailer on a screen that has a higher native resolution than the Switch's own, after all.
I wonder what the odds are that they're showing off docked footage as though it's handheld, tho. That's a possibility.

But what about the guys who will play this game docked? I think they should have showed both, because this video pretty much treats the system like a handheld and that's not the case for a lot of people.