• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018

That looks good for Switch I guess. The lighting took the biggest hits and some of the fatal blows look weird without some of the details to the cuts on people's skin. The second stage looked a lot better than the first one too.

Well looks like I'm gonna go with the PS4 version and I'll likely pick up the Switch version down the line when the GOATY edition comes out with all the dlc.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Another Switch comparison. (PS4 top)

z7mdbdx0wys21.jpg
Her hands don't get bloody reaching into their body cavity during a non-playable cinematic type scene? That seems like a really weird cutback.

Deleted member 2171

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Her hands don't get bloody reaching into their body cavity during a non-playable cinematic type scene? That seems like a really weird cutback.

Yeah, some of these changes seem less like a result of the switch not being able to handle it and more like some of it was just bruteforce of switching off entire codepaths when they were getting it running (probably just disabled any extra effects being rendered on player characters, regardless of it's intensity, so a simple red colorization shader also gets disabled)

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, some of these changes seem less like a result of the switch not being able to handle it and more like some of it was just bruteforce of switching off entire codepaths when they were getting it running (probably just disabled any extra effects being rendered on player characters, regardless of it's intensity, so a simple red colorization shader also gets disabled)

That's my take as well. Looks like they just outright switched off entire chunks of the rendering pipeline; instead of bothering to optimise them.

Kayotix

Oct 25, 2017
Switch version looks ok. Being portable will help it sell.

I just need those amazing graphics from the other platforms :)

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if some parts of the optimization process was rushed to get this version to release on the same day as the other consoles and pc. Maybe they'll continue to optimize it a little more after release.

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Looks okay, but not great, showing that framed footage doesn't help. Lighting seems really bad, models look good and backgrounds seem detailed but a bit lifeless.
60fps is great thought.
Not interested in MK but since shares engine with Samurai shodown i wonder how will it look on switch since seems less advanced on PS4/XB than MK.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Look ok. My biggest concern if the Switch version uses Iinput Delay or Rollback Netcode because of it's low CPU speed.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Look ok. My biggest concern if the Switch version uses Iinput Delay or Rollback Netcode because of it's low CPU speed.
Oh, didn't know this was a thing. That would definitely make cross play impossible if it was the case.

I guess I'll wait for impressions on the online. Don't want another Smash situation.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the stream... it looks like there's no x-ray in the switch version? That's a weird think to remove

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
So the data on the cart is supposedly only 8GB yet we have people playing the game without the 15GB plus patch and even streaming the story mode online. That tells me that this might be a texture patch amoung other things and that the final game will probably look a lot better. I wouldn't judge the switch version off these videos just yet.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
So the data on the cart is supposedly only 8GB yet we have people playing the game without the 15GB plus patch and even streaming the story mode online. That tells me that this might be a texture patch amoung other things and that the final game will probably look a lot better. I wouldn't judge the switch version off these videos just yet.
Looks pretty comparable with the gameplay trailer they released. You do bring a good point about the patch though.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017

But the person on this very thread that posted videos (now taken down) said they downloaded a patch that made the install size for the game about 16gb. Where are you reading that people don't have the patch?

Doctre81

Oct 26, 2017
But the person on this very thread that posted videos (now taken down) said they downloaded a patch that made the install size for the game about 16gb. Where are you reading that people don't have the patch?
Did they? How did they download the patch before you were even able to preload the game on eshop? And the game is bigger than 16GB anyway so what happened to the other 5GB?

docyoe

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
The patch is the story mode... without it you can only play Versus mode... everything else is blanked out.

cucholix

Oct 30, 2017
It has been confirmed what resolution it's running in docked mode? I'm fine it being 720p any lower would kill my interest in day 1

Dec 23, 2017
So I literally have watched almost two hours of switch footage of this game. A lot of people have it posting on YouTube. It is not perfect but it's a damn good port. I had some reservations when I first saw it. After looking at it in detail analyzing everything it's pretty damn good port.