• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Oct 25, 2017
iFYeSMi.gif

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
As someone who played and loved MK9 on my Psvita. I'm impressed with how this looks so far.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
YES! Haven't played a MK in years! Here we go!
Heh, I'm not buying the game at all. I just thought it was bad form to show the game in portable mode only. The system is both and it's obvious that they're pushing the portable angle. The only problem with that is there are people who don't care about that at all. This trailer didn't do anything for them.
Speaking for those people huh?

Last edited:

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
In the trailer? I'm pretty sure that is handheld footage.
Because of the outline? Naw, they did that because if anyone sees these clips out of context they know it's not the pc/PS4/Xbox versions. Have you ever seen a company release handheld direct-feed footage in their marketing for switch?

I'm not saying it looks bad but couch your expectations.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't been interested in Mortal Kombat to jump back in since Annihilation, but the story mode stuff looks like such campy fun that I'm almost sold on giving 11 a shot.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I already preloaded it and I'm ready to sink hundreds of hours to it. Portable MK is something else.

I wonder after this we could expect more support from WB games. Arkham remasters should be free money for them.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Did nobody mention the lack of an X-Ray effect being shown? Makes me wonder if the musculoskeletal visuals are even present or it just brings the framerate way down.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty noticeable difference, but at least the core identity and visual tone of the game seems intact. Also, is the Switch getting video cutscenes ala Hellblade? I don't think any of those scenes look like the same Switch visuals at all

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, there's an immediate difference that's quite noticeable. Resolution differences will probably make it even more apparent when docked. But hey, handheld mk11

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Triple dipping on this game day 1 thanks to this.

PS4
PC
Switch.

Take my money man i don't give a shit. Mortal Kombat got me into gaming over 2 decades ago, this is gonna be me next week:
andy-king.jpg

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
That's clever advertising. Show the cutscenes at full res, while displaying the gameplay in a small window. Keeps people from having a good look at the cutbacks.
Well, pre-rendered cut scenes would go a long way towards explaining how big the game is, storage wise.

We need some direct feed (not zoomed and framed) footage and some screenshots so ERA can sleuth and come up with comparisons.

Looks good from afar though.

Last edited:

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I keep trying to avoid the hype because I've barely touched DBFZ on Switch despite liking Fighting Games but it'd be nice to finally experience a Netherrealms game campaign as I had no means of playing Injustice 2 back in the day, and that campaign was stellar directing. I might have to pick this up.