• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

xxbrothawizxx

Nov 1, 2017
Gainesville, FL
I had been under the impression that Mortal Kombat 11 on Switch was a decent port from DigitalFoundry's coverage and early reviews... seems like that is not the case...
The fighting itself is fine, but it was a very surface level analysis. Even the prerendered videos have issues with choppiness during playback.

Unfortunately, nothing seems to have improved since launch.

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Archiving and re-downloading the update seems to have fixed it. I can get back into the game now.

All I can think of is when I pressed Home and closed the game before putting my Switch to sleep, maybe it was doing its auto-save and corrupted itself. I always look for the icon on the lower right to disappear before exiting, but maybe it was about to show. Who knows.

Mr.Beep

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So if I don't care about cosmetics and just like MP, this will do yes?

How's the online community on Switch? Are connections general ok like other consoles?

fadedbones

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. Been craving a fg to play besides switch, and as terrible as this ride has been MK's the only other one I have.
Didn't crash on startup this time so I've been playing online and well it is of course a terrible disappointment. I'm wired and all the matches I've played, the game consistently shits itself during krushing blows, xrays, other "cinematic" shit. With those happening so often it's hard to call this even consistent 30. Fuuuck the $60 I dropped on this.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
So if I don't care about cosmetics and just like MP, this will do yes?

How's the online community on Switch? Are connections general ok like other consoles?

Don't know about the other versions, but it's easy to find matches and they usually run well, with the occasional laggy one