• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
It seems to suffer the most in close ups and cutscenes but in gameplay it looks pretty good.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Switch version be like...

giphy.gif

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I take it. Hey third devs, I have no problem with downports on a weaker consoles. Port away without fear.

MikeH

Dec 3, 2018
It seems the port is pretty good, don't know why some people were so negative on it.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Just for fun.

However, a more fair comparison would include the undocked Switch version istead of docked.

I do think it's impressive that the Switch version managed to retain the same geometry for the most part.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Outside of cinematic moments, the Switch seems to be holding steady at 60fps. Color me impressed.

Dec 23, 2017
Still think it's really damn impressive.
It is!

Great frame rate, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got a patch months down the line making even more improvements.

There's a few murmurs that there's apparently a day one patch that may improve things further.

Although I'm happy with what I'm currently seeing!

That would be amazing. The game is already worth a purchase. If they continue to improve switch version I think it could do very well.

Last edited:

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Great frame rate, and I wouldn't be surprised if we got a patch months down the line making even more improvements.

There's a few murmurs that there's apparently a day one patch that may improve things further.

Although I'm happy with what I'm currently seeing!

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I continue to be impressed by what Switch can do compared to its peers considering the difference in compute capabilities -- this MK11 port is a nice showing for what devs have figured out about its capabilities to date.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, not that bad at all. I'd be pushed over the edge into getting it if it had any Nintendo exklusives.

Last edited:

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MK11 Switch puts AAA third party support in a really good light. Impressive job. Nintendo consoles were infamous for half-assed, gimped and uninspired ports in the past, which generated skepticism and cynicism from Nintendo fans, but stuff like this is actually changing this negative stigma.

Alric

Oct 27, 2017
I played a ton of Mortal Kombat on the Vita, so this looks great for me to play on the go. I will miss the superior Vita controls though.

Sails

Oct 27, 2017
The day one patch on Switch has been retrievable for early copies for about a week now, it has been live on the CDN and the pirated versions you see out there require the day one patch to even run in the first place.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
The Switch version is very impressive for a mobile version, even more with the fact that it is 60 fps. it was probably very challenging to achieve this graphics fidelity/performance on the system for the dev team.

Nephizz

Jun 28, 2018
Anybody know if the digital version will be available at midnight ?

I can't wait... :p

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Definitely buying the Switch version. Looks fantastic.

It seems the port is pretty good, don't know why some people were so negative on it.

The people you are talking about most definitely dont own a Switch, know Switch isn't as strong as a Ps4 or X1, yet crucify any multiplat Switch game for its lesser graphics.

I still haven't figured out their logic either.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Not bad at all. I might double dip with the Switch version later down the road, probably when the komplete edition comes around.

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
As long as you're not playing both versions next to each other, it's hard to find something to complain about.

Overall, it looks very nice. I'll double dip on this one in a few months.

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised with some of the "not that bad" comments online. It looks and runs phenomenally!

Do people understand Switch's GPU is like 5x weaker than a standard PS4's GPU when it's docked? (10x weaker in handheld mode!). It's CPU has about 40% the performance of a standard PS4's CPU and it has less than half the RAM (which runs at a fraction of the speed no less) for games as a standard PS4. It's an incredibly impressive port. Maybe ports like DOOM and Wolf II have made people forget the multitudes of people who said current gen only games would be impossible on the Switch before and after it's release.

The developers who ported this deserve a lot of praise especially considering the solid framerate aswell.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
That looks fantastic for Switch hardware, shimmering is a concern but all things considered, that's a damn good port looks like.

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I mean main purpose of Switch version is undocked version , so its pointless to compare docked version.
Still looks ok not terrible not super great but wouldnt waste beauty of MK11 on switch tbh

flyingman

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I'm surprised with some of the "not that bad" comments online. It looks and runs phenomenally!

Do people understand Switch's GPU is like 5x weaker than a standard PS4's GPU when it's docked? (10x weaker in handheld mode!). It's CPU has about 40% the performance of a standard PS4's CPU and it has less than half the RAM (which runs at a fraction of the speed no less) for games as a standard PS4. It's an incredibly impressive port. Maybe ports like DOOM and Wolf II have made people forget the multitudes of people who said current gen only games would be impossible on the Switch before and after it's release.

The developers who ported this deserve a lot of praise especially considering the solid framerate aswell.

Im sure everyone knows this. Purpose is they ported it so we have to compare how it looks . This thread is not to appreciate how powerful or small switch is . Its about how game looks compared.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
It looks impressive for the Switch. The comparison is pretty zoomed in during gameplay, so you can't really see the (significant) difference in texture quality and environment geometry/detail.

The gap is pretty significant and noticeable even without a side to side comparison. But, it's definitely closer than the last MK portable port.

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Most people don't know how much weaker the Switch is. Or even care.

Developers uses a bunch of smoke and mirrors to hide the shortcomings. And so far I am very impressed. This is nothing like the Wii vs PS3 era. The similarities are striking.

Especially with the frame rate in MK11.

Feb 15, 2019
Yeah I'm not on the "wow this looks great!" train. But I definitely think it looks more than serviceable enough and will probably guarantee a double dip in the future.