• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
outside of the shimmering, its a solid looking port for what the Switch is.

Already preordered mine for Switch. If anything I'll pick a complete edition up on PC/PS4 Pro later on if I am still interested in playing

Delriach

Combat Designer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I am very curious if the game is rollback online for switch. Lots of perf implications with rollbacks. If it is rollback based they likely are rolling back less frames than the other consoles. Excited to try it out.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
I am very curious if the game is rollback online for switch. Lots of perf implications with rollbacks. If it is rollback based they likely are rolling back less frames than the other consoles. Excited to try it out.
Yeah I'm waiting for impressions on the Switch version netcode before diving in. I assume it's the same, but who knows.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
I have a switch but don't use it for online games. I assume the other issue with MK11 Switch would be way more wifi users? On Xbox I just decline those.
I'm actually more afraid that they would use input delay based netcode. I think it's most likely rollback, but I'll wait for impressions.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Looks bad in still screens and closeups, looks great during gameplay. Impressive for a Switch port. Curious what the undocked footage looks like on a 6" screen instead of being blown up on a monitor or TV.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Switch verison looks softer and IQ is flatter with less lighting effects on the cinematics portion, but the 60 fps fighting and comparability of the game is impressive.

It's the same game essentially.

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I mean main purpose of Switch version is undocked version , so its pointless to compare docked version.
Still looks ok not terrible not super great but wouldnt waste beauty of MK11 on switch tbh
I think you're inciting some console warring...

(Ahem..."Konsole warring")

And yes, I do think portable MK is worthwhile. Another Month of Great Nintendo Switch Ports™.

pahlke1

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane
The 60fps gameplay of MK9 Vita really helped you not notice the lower quality assets in motion. This is much better. I feel the 30fps YouTube captures are making it more apparent. Picking up the Pro version today then Switch next week

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty impressive tbh. I'm surprised how much of the models and fatalities/x-ray seem to retain their identity. Resolution is obviously a bit eh, but I think they made the right choice prioritizing 60 fps

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This comparison looks much more favourable than the video that was posted in the other thread. That looked awful, this not so bad.

Will wait for more impressions from people here as to how it looks in handheld.

nacarelli

Oct 30, 2017
Man, just started playing two hours ago.

Love the fact that I can play it on the go, but the graphics on handheld mode, while very fluid, looks like XC2 (I'm talking specifically about the very low resolution). It's VERY "grainy". When the cutscenes fade into gameplay it's very hard to not notice it.

Anyway, they did a great job porting this game to Switch. Like I said, I'm loving play the story mode (it's the only thing I care, to be honest).

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely buying the Switch version. Looks fantastic.

The people you are talking about most definitely dont own a Switch, know Switch isn't as strong as a Ps4 or X1, yet crucify any multiplat Switch game for its lesser graphics.

I still haven't figured out their logic either.
It seems exactly like what most people did with Vita