• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Turnscr3w

Jan 16, 2022
Sub-Zero with MK11 costume? When does this take place exactly?
Also, didn't expect Tremor.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Doesn't look as good as the first one, still need to see the second. Woof at some of those designs though, some of them feel very cheap.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I like how there's no release date in the trailer. "Look for it on DVD and Bluray" bish tell me where it is đź’€

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
This is surprising, wasn't expecting another one of these movies after the last one. But old Sub-Zero training Kenshi to fight the Black Dragon and Shang Tsung? Hell yeah I'm here for it.

Kano looks old as hell, so i guess it's after MKXI

It's likely still in the Legends continuity rather than the games'.

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
Interesting but i'd like to see WB handle mortal kombat with a bit more care.

It's not critical that they do exactly what the games do but like...Ed Boon is right there on the payroll; why is the series' branding becoming confusing? Sub-Zero was a silent slasher movie killer in the last piece of MK media to come out and now he's a mentor?? The brand needs a steward unless they're satisfied just hitting DCAU sales, at best.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando

It's not critical that they do exactly what the games do but like...Ed Boon is right there on the payroll; why is the series' branding becoming confusing? Sub-Zero was a silent slasher movie killer in the last piece of MK media to come out and now he's a mentor?? The brand needs a steward unless they're satisfied just hitting DCAU sales, at best.
Respectfully disagree. Marvel does this fine with games, movies, cartoons, comics. This continuity is fine with the animated movies, of which there have been three so far

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
Sorry I'm being blunt.

I'm just a huge MK stan, I always get bummed when I see something new that kind of just gets it out of the way immediately that it's non-canon.

Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
Well, the MKLegends movies are set in their own timeline, but a young Kenshi alongside old everyone else feels weird... should've been Takeda, his son.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
The art direction seems a little "cleaner" (for lack of a better term) in this film. Nice to see Tremor again. I'm guessing that was No-Face showing up as well.

I think we can grant some leniency for Bi-Han and Kuai Liang acting differently in wholly separate continuities. Not like we haven't had years of non-game media changing allegiances (Smoke being a malevolent demon in Conquest just two or so years after a more sympathetic portrayal in Defenders of the Realm, for example).

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

? There's two Sub-Zeros. And even so, maybe they're more interested in these characters as archetypes as launching pads for other stories.

And besides, these movies are entirely their own thing. They're pulling from the games to tell their own story, but they're not looking to be some 1:1 in-canon adaptation. Same with the Marvel movies or whatever. There's no reason to flatten this property to prevent other takes.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
It's neat that they're featuring non-MK11 characters. Some of them were never really interesting though... :P

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Just give me a good Subzero movie but I'll maybe check this one out since Scorpion probably won't kill him here. Kenshi was always cool so nice to see an animated movie about him.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
This movie was really good, in my opinion. I liked that they weaved in some of the latest game lore, but was a bit confused that they didn't reset the timeline. Anyone else see it? the last few fights are pretty cool.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got around to watching this the other day, and I think it was my favourite of the Legends movies so far. It felt much more focused than the last two, and it was also really nice to get an MK adaptation that wasn't yet another retelling of the usual tournament story. Some pretty good action scenes all around too. And hey, featured quite a few of my favourite MK characters, so that's always a plus! Kenshi and Tremor in an animated movie... never thought I'd see the day. The depiction of Kano here was one of my favourites for the character; I'd assumed Shang Tsung was going to kill him and take over, but nope, he was the big bad all throughout and got to be a force to reckon with. That scene with Sub-Zero, Kenshi, and Scorpion all trying to murder the hell out of Kano and him just shrugging most of it off was especially a great one. Makes me wonder about what other villainous characters who aren't usually given the role of central antagonist could be given the spotlight in future Legends movies.

Last edited: