• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Don't really know any of these actors, but it's going to be hard to top how spot-on the original movie cast was.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So we dont have to worry about casting for stryker, kabal and Cindel i presume? What about Nightwolf tho?

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My girl Mileena might not show up in MK11 but she's gonna be in the MOVAAAAAY!

Peons are going to get stomped by my kween. Or she'll just job like she usually does.

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
All I'm saying is, Scott Adkins would be a pretty good Kano.

I know previously the rumor was that Joel Edgerton was going to be Kano. Dude may not have a martial arts background but he's a damn good actor so he could be great in the role especially if he uses his natural Aussie accent.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So who do we not have casting for yet?

Johnny
Sonya
Scorpion
Shang Tsung
Kano

I'm guessing those are the most important.

Maybe Kuai Lang if they want to introduce him sooner.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I know previously the rumor was that Joel Edgerton was going to be Kano. Dude may not have a martial arts background but he's a damn good actor so he could be great in the role especially if he uses his natural Aussie accent.

This would be awesome too. I hope it's true.

He sold his fight scenes well in Warrior.

Oct 27, 2017
Yep; also Jade. And the guy they cast as Sub-Zero will portraying Scorpion, Reptile, Ermac, Noob Saibot, and Smoke. Both actors will be taking lessons in what's known in the industry as 'Klumpsing' from the man himself, Eddie Murphy.

Yes yes, palette swap and all, but I mean, isn't Mileena literally cloned from Kitana? So it would make sense in this case.

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
I'd be more stoked about this if Netherrealm Studios own games weren't so damn good already.

The last 3 MK games are the bar to pass. It's a surprisingly high bar too..

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
Is that James Olsen?

Hell yes it is!

Yes yes, palette swap and all, but I mean, isn't Mileena literally cloned from Kitana? So it would make sense in this case.

They haven't ever really been depicted as identical twins. I'd say Mileena guarantees Kitana, but I would be very surprised if they don't cast someone else to play her.

FINALLY!

A Mortal Kombat live action production that does not white-wash Raiden!

Exactly my reaction. I hated Christopher Raiden, and I've hated the way Raiden's been portrayed in the games since the movie.

ShaggsMagoo

Oct 28, 2017
I don't think they have been white-washing Raiden considering this was his original actor:

313631-carlos.jpg

Hell, his brother was the guy who was Johnny Cage.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
That's such a bad casting for Jax. Sorry, I had to say it. Mehcad Brooks is a good actor, but imo, not a good fit for the character as established.