• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is probably going to be similar to the Street Fighter Anniversary collection, otherwise I don't see how they could sustain the online player base spread across the different games.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
absolutely worth noting that the name of the product lines up with a cancelled comprehensive remake of the 3 games from Blind Squirrel Games. They allegedly worked on the game over 2017 and screens were posted back in April of last year. It could very well be the same project and would be exciting given that their plans for the games were less barebones (even Krypt integration somehow?)

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't this the name of the PS3/X360 collection we got years ago? It had MK1-2-3 arcade versions with online modes. I'd be surprised if Netherrealm remasters MK4 at all.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Honestly, if they gave us an arcade perfect version of UMK3, I would be all over this stuff, even if it's a carbon copy of the Steam version. But I honestly don't have much faith in that.

Mortal Kombat in general has always been cursed with very unimpressive ports no matter the platform, there are always bugs and weird graphical or sound awkwardness going on.

Any ideas on who might be developing this?

OP
OP
Runwhiteboyrun

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
absolutely worth noting that the name of the product lines up with a cancelled comprehensive remake of the 3 games from Blind Squirrel Games. They allegedly worked on the game over 2017 and screens were posted back in April of last year. It could very well be the same project and would be exciting given that their plans for the games were less barebones (even Krypt integration somehow?)

I've been fascinated with the attempts to remake the original games. 2-3 different projects that have never been released I think.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
That was my first thought. And didn't they kill it's supposed replacement (MK Arcade Kollection) on Steam and possibly other platforms?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Yeahhhh! MK 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, 1 was good but really hard to play now. Never liked 3, thought most of the new characters were trash but I'm still in if it's those 3. Or any 3. I just want more MK on my PS4!

OP
OP
Runwhiteboyrun

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I swear Ed Boon has Tweeted in the past about going into the history of one of the HD remake projects. Did anything more come out?

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Hope they give us folks with the crap GFWL version a discount / free copy - we totally deserve it!

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
I know it's a far cry and likely asking too much but one of my favorite features from Street Fighter Alpha Anthology was Hyper SFA, an unlockable mode that combines much of the 3 games into the same multiplayer only experience. It would be insane if, should this release actually be remakes and not just emulation, they could tackle Trilogy, even as a versus-only mode.

I swear Ed Boon has Tweeted in the past about going into the history of one of the HD remake projects. Did anything more come out?
He showed a mockup from the 2010 cancelled remake and said he would go into it a later date. Nothing more from him since, but costume designers and a prolific user from the community distributed some set photos of cast members dressed up and some screenshots/mockups of that version as well

OP
OP
Runwhiteboyrun

Runwhiteboyrun

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's a far cry and likely asking too much but one of my favorite features from Street Fighter Alpha Anthology was Hyper SFA, an unlockable mode that combines much of the 3 games into the same multiplayer only experience. It would be insane if, should this release actually be remakes and not just emulation, they could tackle Trilogy, even as a versus-only mode.

He showed a mockup from the 2010 cancelled remake and said he would go into it a later date. Nothing more from him since, but costume designers and a prolific user from the community distributed some set photos of cast members dressed up and some screenshots/mockups of that version as well

Any type of mixing of the different versions/characters through the games would be cool. It was fun in Hyper Street Fighter 2, and I want to check out the Alpha fun you mentioned.

And I remember all the pics and mockups of the original HD remake. Damn that Boon hasn't followed up.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
If this turns out to be legit I'm buying. Would be great if Shaolin Monks and MK9 were incluided too.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The cancelled HD remasters? With redone graphics? Colour me surprised.

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Mortal Kombat Kollection Online is the original Mortal Kombat trilogy that Mortal Kombat fans always wanted. Upgraded art, gameplay, and online features provide an incredible experience that revive the "klassics"
Hopefully "upgraded art" means it's the new HD sprites.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
If it doesn't have games past the original three it should only be Trilogy not collection. I wanna try the funky spinoffs and the early 3D era