• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
In one session. 3 glorious hours.

Will probably try to get some more trophies, but I doubt I'll ever manage the zero death one (hate these). :(

OP
OP
kubus

kubus

Oct 27, 2017
In one session. 3 glorious hours.

Will probably try to get some more trophies, but I doubt I'll ever manage the zero death one (hate these). :(
Oof, is that for beating the entire story in one go? Or per chapter?
I wanna go back and get the last 3 collectibles I missed too, but as far as I can tell there's no way to see in which chapter you missed something :(

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to say, really a shame the interface is so rudimentary. Collectibles per chapter should really have been included.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I wish we had some information about when book two will be released. I want more, damn it.

Brink

Dec 18, 2017
Just finished. Wonderful game. Really hope they add a collectibles tracker at some point.

StevePharma

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Cross-post from PSVR thread.

This game shows us how enriching VR can be for 3rd person experiences. Imagine something like Super Mario 3D World or Captain Toad (which also has a somewhat static camera) with this......

Okinau

Oct 27, 2017
I finished it last night. It really is an awesome experience. But it ends right when it gets going. Do we have any word on how soon we can expect Book 2? I would hate if we had to wait 2 years for the next part of the story.

Sly Chimera

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
giphy.gif

Well it was amazing for 3 hours. Please don't tell me book 2 is going to be 30 dollars and a year later.

toadfrawg

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying Moss so far. Sad to hear it's around 3 hours, was hoping for double that.

Excited to finish it and I can already tell I'm going to want more.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
I have only played for about 30 minutes but I love it so far. Such a chill adorable game.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I love the diving sword swing animation.

Quill drying herself off after an accidental death by drowning is hilarious as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got time to finish this game.
Such a great game! I really enjoyed it. The world and characters are truly fantastic.
The challenge really ramped up at the end. I hope the next book starts at similar challenge levels.

I think it took me around 5-6 hours taking my time and soaking in the atmosphere.
Looking forward to going back for Trophies.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Finished the game finally. One of the best PSVR games.
The diorama look combined with the scale of being this big presence in Quill's world is just a cool use of VR.
The art style and storybook presentation is dope.
The mix of puzzling and light combat was also fun.

For Book II, I hope they up the complexity. There's a fun dynamic of teamwork (even though you're doing everything yourself) with Quill.
Game is great but there's also a lot of places they could go from here. Lot's of potential.

Oct 25, 2017
How am I supposed to give Quill a high-five? And how do I scare her?
I think it was after finishing off a bunch of bugs where she celebrates and puts her hand up.
I presume that there's more than just one opportunity in the game to do this, but maybe it's random, or it could be based on taking the bugs out a particular way.

I think I startled Quill by bending down close while she was faced away from me.

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the Twilight Garden DLC.

Had a annoying bug there the world would be constantly moving in and out slightly which was kind of annoying. Don't recall that happening before and I didn't notice it with the other VR games I've played recently Everybody's Golf VR and Beat Saber. I wonder what's up with that.

Gimmie Book 2!

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
That's usually just a sign that your tracking is off, lighting conditions or distance suboptimal.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Playing Moss for the first time, made it to an area in the castle, when you're looking for your father, about 50 minutes through the game I'd say, and the game gave me several ways to go, one of them was a green portal, and thanks to a DLC trophy triggering, it told me that I'm in the Twilight Garden. Just checking, is it okay to do the Twilight Garden early on, on should it be done later? When I'm at the end of the DLC, will it take me back to the same area I was at in the regular story?

krae_man

Oct 25, 2017
Playing Moss for the first time, made it to an area in the castle, when you're looking for your father, about 50 minutes through the game I'd say, and the game gave me several ways to go, one of them was a green portal, and thanks to a DLC trophy triggering, it told me that I'm in the Twilight Garden. Just checking, is it okay to do the Twilight Garden early on, on should it be done later? When I'm at the end of the DLC, will it take me back to the same area I was at in the regular story?

they are meant to be done in conjunction with the main story. Every time you finish one, you are taken back to the room you entered the portal from. So go ahead and do them as you see them.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
they are meant to be done in conjunction with the main story. Every time you finish one, you are taken back to the room you entered the portal from. So go ahead and do them as you see them.
Thanks, just beat the game/ DLC as well. Damn that was an amazing experience. Hope we hear about book 2/ Moss 2 next year.