• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is most dominant?

• Simone Biles

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • Serena Williams

Votes: 84 36.1%
  • Other: please explain

Votes: 75 32.2%

• Total voters

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Michael Phelps > Simone > Serena > Federer. If Nadal hadn't happened to be the second greatest tennis player to ever live and the best clay court player in history Federer would be number one on this list. The fact the two greatest male and female tennis players ever play at the same time still astounds me.

Last edited:

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
As a tennis enthusiast, I wouldn't exactly call Serena "dominant." She's close to becoming the most accomplished tennis player of all time, but she lacks the consistency to be considered the most dominant of this generation, IMO. Also there were large chunks in her career where she was very lackluster.

As for Biles....I don't know much about gymnastics, so I really can't offer an informed opinion. But from what I've seen and heard, she's probably the GOAT of gymnastics (or is well on her way). I have started to loosely follow gymnastics after learning about how incredible Biles is.

EDIT: I was thinking "all time" so some of my comments may not apply.

Last edited:

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Serena. While someone pointed out Graf is right behind in wins, she's more than just a tennis player with a good run of wins. She literally revolutionized the game on the women's side bringing power/speed in addition to technique on top of how we are decades into her reign as one of the best players in the world and she's still she's still one of the best players in the world in her late 30's right after popping out of a baby

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Katie Ledecky. This is an Olympic finals with actual other competitors in the pool.

GMoHkHL.jpg
Ledecky is definitely a beast and dominated her events unlike anyone has done before. Even more so than Phelps, though the distance of her races exaggerates the marins of victory a bit. What's crazy about her and Phelps is they were so much better than everyone else and broke these records without any competition. People will always compete at the level of their competition. I saw an article that broke down all of their competitors and how much they improved simply because they were chasing Katie and Michael. Katie and Michael didn't have that luxury. They had to race themselves and had no one to push them. Even with Katie, she still crushes it but she'll probably never win a race by those margins ever again. The competition caught up, simply because she was there. Had she not been, they would be drastically worse than they are.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Most dominant athlete not most dominant team.

Statistically, Brady is not head and shoulders above someone like Brees over the past 19 seasons. Biles and Phelps have no one close to accomplishing what they have.
Yeah team sports are tough to evaluate. Personally I evaluate based on a person whos stats jump off the page like Barry Sanders with his ypc on a shit team. Brady as far as I know doesn't shine above others for comp % , qb rating, tds, yds/game etc.
But he's still a goat.
But still he's no Wayne gretzky

Nardy_19

Alt-account
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
Serena. While someone pointed out Graf is right behind in wins, she's more than just a tennis player with a good run of wins. She literally revolutionized the game on the women's side bringing power/speed in addition to technique on top of how we are decades into her reign as one of the best players in the world and she's still she's still one of the best players in the world in her late 30's right after popping out of a baby

Actually Graf is AHEAD in every stat except GS singles titles. Graf has more - overall wins, more weeks at number 1, longer periods of domination, higher win %, the golden slam, more overall titles , better record season, more consecutive top 10 finishes ....