• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Primal Sage

Virtually Real
Nov 27, 2017
So, what's the most inappropriate thing you've ever said at work? We have a quite casual tone at my office, most of us are friends and like to joke around. I'm pretty much known as the guy with the worst/most obscene sense of humor and I try to take it to the limit.

One time while having a professional conversation with a coworker another colleague opened the door and walked in. Mid-sentence i pivoted and said "...and that's why I can only orgasm to the sound of a strangled crow".

The memory of the look on his face will stay with me forever.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
I once told a co-worker he had a Hitler mustache and that he'd look good in Nazi uniform. This also wasn't recently. This was back in like 2003.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Last week... me and a black co-worker were joking about some squirrel story that she didn't care about, I turned to her and said "Squirrel lives matter too damnit."

Racist? Probably.. she laughed, so did I. Probably said worse when I was young but that's all I can remember.

Oct 25, 2017
There was an elderly man who spent about 30 minutes looking at our showtimes and synopsis trying to decide what movie to see. He leaves. Comes back with his wife a few hours later and browses the showtimes and synopsis for another 10 minutes or so. A coworker who hadn't seen them before saw them and said "OH hey can you help these people?"

Haven't been with them for about 40 minutes at this point I tell the coworker I've helped them, they're just still deciding.

The elderly man chimed in "Actually I think we know what we want."

And pure reflex and instinct I blurted out "Oh. Finally."

Immediately felt terrible, covered my mouth with my hand, and shrunk out of sight hoping he didn't hear me. My coworkers all had a hearty laugh at my expense and embarrassment.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate joke involving violence towards women.
Told one of my workers to get back to work and stop wasting time and she replied with a, "or what?" Told her with a straight face not to talk back or next time I'd knock her bitch ass out.

That's probably one of my best ones.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was having lunch with my coworkers at my first job and someone spilled the salt all over me. Since I'm colombian I just looked at them and said "Great now I'm a stereotype". We burst out laughing.

At lunch = technically at work.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Not sure if this qualifies. As part of the interview process at our old job, we have both a test portion and a face-to-face interview with me and a coworker. So, anyway, this guy is applying for a math tutoring position and he guessed on the statistics question. At one point he said in passing 'statistics is intuitive.' So I take the test, flip to the statistics question (which I already discussed to him), and said 'if statistics is intuitive, please explain to me what's intuitive about this problem.'

That was a thing that happened.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Mine mostly involved females.

It need to actually think about this, because some of the stuff was a reply to something wild they said.

Ok. One time a female co-worker walked by me. She smelled nice. When I saw her again I asked her what's that you're wearing, it smells good.

She said some type of feminine hygiene spray? She said you smell it because when I stand by your desk, you head is down near it.

:-)

I said, yeah you walk by and your pussy be talking to me. I made some gestures that had her dying laughing.

Yeah....

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was playing paper football with a female coworker and accidentally "kicked" it right into her cleavage.

Dec 22, 2017
I emailed facilities about a putrid smelling fridge they had left unplugged for two weeks during an office remodel and said I was going to blow it up with a stick of dynamite. I cc'd everyone in the department so I guess they knew I was joking. Looking back I can't believe I wasn't fired lol.

FUME5

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm.

Maybe when I was 18 and working at a four star hotel, HR was interviewing an attractive young lady for a job, myself and my manager were nearby behind the bar cleaning.

I don't recall the exact setup, but they asked her a question about breakfast and I said (under my breath to my manager) something along the lines of "I'd eat her for breakfast". She immediately jammed a towel in her mouth to muffle her laughter and dropped down behind the counter. The HR ladies and the interviewee all turned around at hearing something, to see me innocently drying glassware.

I was not reprimanded.

TemplaerDude

Oct 25, 2017
So, what's the most inappropriate thing you've ever said at work? We have a quite casual tone at my office, most of us are friends and like to joke around. I'm pretty much known as the guy with the worst/most obscene sense of humor and I try to take it to the limit.

One time while having a professional conversation with a coworker another colleague opened the door and walked in. Mid-sentence i pivoted and said "...and that's why I can only orgasm to the sound of a strangled crow".

The memory of the look on his face will stay with me forever.

Inappropriate... sure. Hilarious? Absolutely.

I don't think I've said anything close to that. I'm pretty shy around people.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I asked my boss 'how the fuck do you sleep at night?' after he promised me a 'promotion' then didn't follow through with it - still in the job and he isn't.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
In 2016, my buddy and I got intern positions at the same company in the Bay. This was back during the NBA finals and my friend bet me that the Cavs and the GOAT couldn't win game 7. Walked in there, saw him, then impulsively told him to suck me off and Venmo me my $100 lmao. Our boss was right there in the corner but he told me that he was gonna ignore that and let it slide because he was a King's fan (imagine being a kings fan in the bay tho lmaooo)

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Probably "sorry I'm so slow today, I'm hungover haha"

It was retail. My supervisor was just like oh, ok, wow (why would he tell me that) and sent me back out of the back room kinda mad and kinda confused

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are people I can say anything to and people I have to tip toe around. Nothing I said really stands out but the IT guy told me to go fuck my mom the other day lol.

Wander

Oct 25, 2017
Have you jerked the beef to a female co worker eating beef jerky. Idk wtf I was thinking

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
These were both accidents that mortified me.

My boss and his boss were looking at the computer in my boss' office one time and I walked in. They were looking at a picture of a woman who I internally thought immediately 'very attractive'. So my boss tells me she recently had been killed in a motorcycle accident but neither of them knew her. My boss' boss (who was a woman) said how young and pretty she was. Me without thinking at all and for god knows what reason replied with "not anymore." I was not making a joke. It just came out for some reason. It landed how you might expect.

Just last week I was up in front of about 15 co-workers and my (same) boss. Someone had brought up SPAM and it's origins a d how it was gross and pink. I then said "SPAM - the other pink meat." Once again I did this innocently making a play on the pork slogan. I got laughs way above the quip and then realized what I had said. I was legit very embarrased.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Someone got banned in this thread already and you want me to repeat the worst thing I've said at work?

H7vljHu.gif

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing! I go to work and make polite banter and put on my earbuds and listen to podcasts for eight hours while I work.

Coincidentally, I just got let go because I wasn't fun enough! AMA.

TheIdiot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao at the ban. On one hand it's obviously a horrible comment on the other it just makes me laugh how something he said in the past in real life was moderated hahaha.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
I used the phrase "money shot" in a business meeting once and it took me a full fifteen seconds before I could figure out why so many people at the table looked surprised.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I swear regularly to the point where I don't even really think about it. I've been trying to correct this the past couple years but I keep fucking up when I'm around little kids. I work at a day care. Obviously not as bad as what some other stuff, but I gotta stop swearing in front of little kids.

KelticNight

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice bait, OP.

You'll cop a ban even if you're joking in this thread (despite similar going unpunished elsewhere on this site).

Deleted member 14887

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some customer was threatening to kill themselves on the phone with a fellow co-worker. A manager had to take it over and I was trying to lighten the mood but I guess my joke was too dark and everyone was just like wtf. I can't remember the joke it was like 2 Years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.