• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
My friends, you bow to no one.

388b266920f5a5510200137777ade53e.jpg
Not gonna lie, this gets me too.

I tend to not cry that much at films, but I sometimes flip into massive sentimental mode. The Fountain does that to me.

The films that really make me cry, like Life Is Beautiful, I hardly ever watch, because... they make me cry :(

Also, despite saying I don't cry much, Apollo 13 puts a tear in my eye. It feels like a pitch-perfect heartstrings puller. You know what's going to happen, you KNOW you are being manipulated like fuck, but hell, when them parachutes appear...

Dead Man

Nov 1, 2017
Other than a few already posted, the ones that spring to mind are Warrior and Rush.

Rush intro :

Final scene:

Warrior final fight:
Two estranged brothers meeting in a winner takes all fight set up after ridiculous script shenanigans

I think being estranged from my sister for decades before we started talking again and the lack of any other family makes it resonate a bit for me. Nick Nolte in the hotel room before hand also breaks me now that I am helping raise a kid.

Last edited:

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
There's a few but watching it recently, I still get really sad at the part with Sam in I Am Legend.

In fact, dogs are my weakness. I was in terrible shape when I watched A Dogs Purpose.

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Hiroshima mon Amour. Watched it last night and had tears rolling down my face for the last half of the movie. Absolutely gorgeous.

Before Sunrise. The ending.

Boogie Nights: When God Only Knows starts playing. Also, the argument between Dirk and his mom.

Before Sunset: "I know."

First Reformed: The ending.

Before Midnight: The argument.

Punch-Drunk Love: The embrace.

The Elephant Man: All of it.

Eternal Sunshine: already posted.

I've shown Boogie Nights to a lot of people who think it's going to be a straight comedy and I always have to hold back tears while I'm watching it because I don't want to just start spontaneously crying during it. By the end though, everyone's feeling some kind of way, and it isn't horny.

The Elephant Man is the most humanistic film I've ever seen. I'm right there with you.

Woetyler

Oct 27, 2017
Hachi.

I needed therapy after that movie. So fucking sad
That movie was playing at my car dealership while I was waiting for my car to be serviced w my girlfriend. There was like 6 or so of us watching it and most of us were like super emotional.
I thought it was just a happy doge movie but I was betrayed.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Eight Below.

Although my wife says the original Japanese version is much worse in the tearjerker department.

Ezra

Nov 14, 2017
The end of Dancer in the Dark gets me really sad for a day whenever I think about it.

Holyoneturtle

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is mine from Shape of Water. I've seen the move about 6 times now and this scene always gets me. I think its the silence and her intensity that really strikes me to my core.

drog

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
THAT scene in UP is an obvious one, my girlfriend absolutely lost it in theaters and refuses to ever watch that movie again haha. Another one that comes to mind for me is the scene in A Ghost Story where the wife moves out of the house, leaving the ghost alone. The soundtrack during that scene is a big part of that, so emotional.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I cried at the end of Big Fish, thinking about my own dad too, and my girlfriend mocked me for being a man who cried at a movie, so that scene wins for me for giving me multiple reasons to be sad. :(

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
The Green Mile
The Fountain
Sometimes In April
Boyz N the Hood
The Notebook (shut up)
Saving Private Ryan
Braveheart
Forest Gump

Lots of movies choke me up but those ones are the ones off the top of my head I i go full blown runny nose audibly sobbing.

I cant believe I still havent seen Schindlers List

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO

"Thanks for the adventure. Now go have a new one!" Gets me every time.

YES this 100% Also...

Scene in Gladiator where he finds his wife and son.
When Baby G gets shot in Hardball.
The Interstellar Years of Messages.
Toy Story 3 - So Long Partner and the entire ending
There was a scene in the new Pet Sematary that got me, won't spoil it since it's still new

There are others, those are just off of the top of my head.

PawPrints

Oct 30, 2017
That movie was playing at my car dealership while I was waiting for my car to be serviced w my girlfriend. There was like 6 or so of us watching it and most of us were like super emotional.
I thought it was just a happy doge movie but I was betrayed.

omg why are they playing this movie at a car dealership of all places? T_T

Oct 2, 2018
GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES IS A GUT PUNCH

forest gump to jenny's grave

Heath Ledger in Bareback mountain at the end to the jacket.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
There are numerous films that have hit hard but for me some of the most impactful one for me would be:

A Monster Calls - The fourth story:

It might not make sense out of context but as someone who has had someone close to me pass away from cancer this particular scene hits real hard. It's a fantastic film and one I would recommend to everyone.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
- The end of the Omaha Beach battle in Saving Private Ryan
- When Detective K finds out whether or not his dream is real and screams in anger in Blade Runner 2049 (That scene is heartbreaking, especially the lead-in to the 2nd round of the Replicant test)
- The ending of LOTR: Return of the King
- The end of LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring (Gandalf falling, Boromir dying and Sam wimping out to Frodo)
- Gladiator ending battle
- The Patriot when John Billings finds his son dead
- Isle of Dogs (Throughout, as there are too many powerful scenes to name)
- Dead Poet's Society ending scene
Too many to count.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Okay I'm going to cheat a little with Futurama. I cry EVERY TIME I watch this episode.

Zom

Oct 25, 2017
You know those two scenes in the movie Click, the one with the dad and the one with old Adam Sandler, really emotional stuff for a movie that I think noooone was expecting to cry.

But on weird scenes that had made me emotional are on the top of my list the speech of Theoden in the Battle of the Pelenor Fields, I would ride to death after that every single time.