• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The ending of captain Phillips got me to a level I didn't see coming at all. Hanks played a person under shock incredibly well

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
The most recent one that comes to mind...

remember-me-reunion.jpg

Fuck the writers of this movie so hard. Damn it.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
When Bruce Willis' character in Armageddon is talking to his daughter (Liv Tyler) for the last time.

"Looks like I'm gonna have to break that promise." :'-(

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Oh God there are so many. I'd say Coco's ending was the most I ever bawled for a movie though. But LOTR, Inside Out, Toy Story 3, Interstellar etc are also up there :'(

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
Coco near the end. That really got me and I was crying in the theatre. I'm not ashamed because it's a great movie.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Anything with a dog dying. The end of Marley and me fucks me up, I've never cried at a funeral but I'll turn into a ugly crying wreck the minute that montage starts.

Nothing else gets me.

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017
"I see dead people" - ending of The Sixth Sense
"My friends, you bow for noone" - ending of Return of the king

Oct 27, 2017
I've only teared up once during a movie and it was the white supra Paul Walker scene. Grew up on f&f and it's what got me into cars 😭

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Watching The Abyss right now, the scene where Lindsey drowned.

The scene in Good Will Hunting...its not your fault

Pay it Forward...the end of the movie.

Pursuit of Happiness...the ending. Or the train station scene.

The ending of 7 Pounds.

Collateral Beauty, ending.

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Maquia ending. Though just watching the ending probably won't be very moving without the entire context of the movie.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
My Girl made me cry when I was a kid.

Schindler's List and Dancer in the Dark devastated me as a teenager.

Up destroyed me as an adult.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. Several scenes got me, especially "Do you remember the taste of strawberries?"

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oooh, forgot about Radio. That got me too.

Having a child broke me. Now all sorts of movies will have me sobbing. Even documentaries like 13th, and Waiting for Superman.

But the most recent one was Wind River. I had the same reaction that others did after Saving Private Ryan. I just turned it off stunned, thought about the enormity of how traumatized Native Americans are, and lost my shit for a good ten minutes.