• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
The Guardian said:
Most of the meat people eat in 2040 will not come from slaughtered animals, according to a report that predicts 60% will be either grown in vats or replaced by plant-based products that look and taste like meat.

The report by the global consultancy AT Kearney, based on expert interviews, highlights the heavy environmental impacts of conventional meat production and the concerns people have about the welfare of animals under industrial farming.
Source
Are you ready for the lab grown meat revolution!?

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ready? i'd pay twice as much for lab grown meat.

in addition to being more ethical it'll probably be tastier and safer.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Lab grown meat makes economic and life sustainable sense

The meat industry barely makes margins as it is with how much land and inefficiency it has. Only raw demand has propped it up for so long

You crack into that with lab meat and impossible burgers and problem solved. We all benefit

manhack

Oct 27, 2017
I sincerely doubt it, but will be interesting to see how this whole meat revolution plays out.

UltraMagnus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I can see it. It's going to be kinda weird being the last real generation that eats actual meat though, lol. I dunno about 2040, but 2050, sure.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
if it tastes as good and is similar in price I'm ready for it.

I doubt they will be able to replicate a well marbled steak for a long time, but a ground burger or sausage? Sure gimmie that lab grown abomination of science.

InspectaDekka

Banned
Jan 4, 2019
I was confused for a second because I thought this meant people for some reason were gonna start biting into cows and pigs like Ozzy bit into that bat's head.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can see it if the prices actually become competitive. I see Beyond in the stores but the price is more than actual beef. I don't even buy beef cause it's usually expensive. Lab grown meat might be a harder sell.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
That's been the way forward for a while, now that lab-grown meat is here.

We may still hit a tipping point but I think we can avert the worst of what climate change could bring. The real question is power production. Our first step should be a line in the sand around the world: no new coal or natural gas plants.

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
I'm all for lab meat, although I suspect in the future the real deal will become a rich peoples' delicacy.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for lab meat, although I suspect in the future the real deal will become a rich peoples' delicacy.

Hey meat slaughter from a family farm that doesnt engage in large scale industrial production is acceptable to me

Since they would likely treat their individual animals better and slaughter humanely

Read the Fair Life milk debacle to see just how terrible mass produced animal products are with a recent example

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
It is inevitable. I wonder how many Republicunts will use this is a scare tactic to agitate their 'Merican burger eating base. Many Americans/MAGA cunts construct their identity around a few things including guns and beef. Remember the push back to Green New Deal by stating that they are coming after your cows?

I am going to love to see those 'merican pieces of shit eat dirt and synthetic meat in time. LOVE it.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It would have to be less expensive than animal meat for me to switch. Animal meat is already expensive enough as it is.

Oct 25, 2017
I can see it if the prices actually become competitive. I see Beyond in the stores but the price is more than actual beef. I don't even buy beef cause it's usually expensive. Lab grown meat might be a harder sell.

The idea as it scales and moves "down market" the price will go down

But to be honest meat should be expensive relative to vegetables or grains. Seeing steaks or chicken so cheap sometimes leaves me extremely unsettled.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
It is inevitable. I wonder how many Republicunts will use this is a scare tactic to agitate their 'Merican burger eating base. Many Americans/MAGA cunts construct their identity around a few things including guns and beef. Remember the push back to Green New Deal by stating that they are coming after your cows?

I am going to love to see those 'merican pieces of shit eat dirt and synthetic meat in time. LOVE it.

they love getting lied to by big rich republicans so if big corporations see the value in the transition they can just sell lab grown meat as the real deal and market away the scaryness of it

Mass produced meat is literally so costly and in efficient that I wouldn't be surprised to see companies jump ship just for piece of mind and a piece of a market that has huge growth potential

Sometimes technology scores a win just by aligning us with our worst impulses. In our current society greed should hopefully win out over cruelty and turn this negative into a positive

Oct 25, 2017

But impossible and beyond are being sold all over the country in various restaurants and fast food joints. The ball is rolling, people are trying it and finding out it taste just fine

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The farmers aren't going to lie down and take it. Using antibiotics in farming has shown to cultivate antibiotic resistant microbes, but farmers fought tooth and nail to keep the antibiotics to increase their profits.

Now a product threatens to eliminate their industry entirely, not just a few chickens.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ironically, 'meat' and 'dead animal' are nicknames for my penis

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
The farmers aren't going to lie down and take it. Using antibiotics in farming has shown to cultivate antibiotic resistant microbes, but farmers fought tooth and nail to keep the antibiotics to increase their profits.

Now a product threatens to eliminate their industry entirely, not just a few chickens.

Too bad? We may reach a future where farming is a recreational lifestyle and all food production is automated

Hell farmers now do less than half the labors they used to thanks to technology and now they are gonna reject it?

If they were smart they would invest and get in on the grounf floor and join the club.