correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When you finish a game you´re usually treated to a sequence showing the consequences of your actions: The demise of the bad guy, the innocent bystanders reclaiming the homes they had to escape from...IMHO nothing beats watching a small reel of how your actions through the game have effected the other characters and in this regard nothing beats these 2 jewels:
  • A Link to the Past: You get an amazing scene with Link getting the Triforce and the music starts taking you on a trip all around Hyrule, watching how you´ve brought peace and happiness to all the inhabitants, posing with your uncle, remembering important characters...with some of them even waving at the camera! The music and scenes are mastefully synchronized (like the change when the flute boy reappears) and the final sequence, with the music slowly getting to the grand finale while Link walks away from the Master Sword´s pedestal as the camera pans towards it is just epic. The whole thing is incredibly fulfilling, making you remember all the steps in your journey, the people you met and how you changed their lives:
www.youtube.com

Legend Zelda: A Link to the Past - Ending

The ending of Zelda a Link to the Past,one of my favorite RPG games. I'm sorry folks, youtube had pulled this video down for no apparent reason and I re uplo...
  • Super Mario World: SMW, like most Mario games, has an almost non-existing story. Yet the ending sequence is unforgivable: You walk back home going through every scenery with the Yoshi eggs while a nice tune accompanies you and teh credits roll. Then you reach Yoshi´s house where the music quiets down to allow the baby Yoshis to steal the spotlight when they jump free from the eggs...to end with a big, grand finale. And then, bam! The music steps on the pedal and you get to see the whole cast of enemies ordered by families and areas, ending with Bowser and the Koopalings. Again, this makes you relive your journey in a couple of minutes, condensing many memories in a blast where you just can´t stop reminiscing with a big, dumb smile on your face. And this is done in a game with almost no story:

So Era, what other games have this kind of incredibly satisfying endings?

May 17, 2019
Day 12 of Pathologic 2. At that point you see all the wreckage you've left and all the people you've helped. Every last one.

The ending of Spec Ops: The Line just tearing the shit out of the player is great too.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Persona 5's ending was the first time in a while I just sat there after the credits rolled thinking about everything that happened.

Oct 27, 2017
Mario Odyssey was sooo good.

I don't want to spoil it too much, but you get the ultimate capture during a cool escape sequence with a track that rivals Jump Up Superstar, and then after all of that Peach has a cool moment too after being the damsel the entire game!

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Similar to your tale of Super Mario World: EarthBound. You go through all the towns you visited before, talk to a bunch of people who have all new dialogue and then during the credits it shows you all the pictures that were taken by the Picture Guy from your adventure. Say, "Fuzzy Pickles"!

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
The ending to FEZ. Disasterpeaces music along with those visuals? Fucking satisfying.

Sep 14, 2019

The "real" ending to NieR: Automata has an amazing ending sequence. It's much better than even the ending sequence building up to the real ending sequence. Actually felt like I was going to cry, really seemed like a transcendent moment and the way it was done was perfect. One of the best parts of the entire game.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
  • Umineko.. really nice message at the end, the truth doesn't matter, it's what you believe in that does
  • House in Fata Morgana.. the true ending and everything that leaded to it was super satisfying

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017

The "real" ending to NieR: Automata has an amazing ending sequence. It's much better than even the ending sequence building up to the real ending sequence. Actually felt like I was going to cry, really seemed like a transcendent moment and the way it was done was perfect. One of the best parts of the entire game.

Came to post this exact ending too, so kudos!

CarlSagan94

Nov 3, 2018
Although the Crimson Flower route in Fire Emblem Three Houses was rather underdeveloped and needed more time in the oven, it's ending sequence was very satisfying if you know the story of the other routes.

Nier Automata is also a fantastic conclusion.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa

I'm busy playing the it for the first time and I'm currently two hours or so into Route C. The game's story went from just okay (with me wondering what all the hype is about) to what may be one of the best games I've played this year. Really excited to see how everything unfolds

Oct 25, 2017
Darksider 1's ending was an amazing "You better be fucking excited for the next game cause oh man!" ending.

Of course Darksiders 2 and 3 never followed up on this because life is a never-ending string of disappointments but at the time it was pretty cool

Sep 14, 2019
I'm busy playing the it for the first time and I'm currently two hours or so into Route C. The game's story went from just okay (with me wondering what all the hype is about) to what may be one of the best games I've played this year. Really excited to see how everything unfolds
Yeah that's the somewhat unfortunate thing about the "Route" concept, it takes a while to get going. A lot of the story of the first two overlap but imo the story picks up a lot somewhere in the middle of Route B once you start realizing the new story details. Route A as a whole is just a tease with a lot of anti-climatic cliffhangers. And of course C is the cherry on top.

xZoneHunter

Oct 25, 2017
Darksider 1's ending was an amazing "You better be fucking excited for the next game cause oh man!" ending.

Of course Darksiders 2 and 3 never followed up on this because life is a never-ending string of disappointments but at the time it was pretty cool

Came to post this as well. Really bad ass ending and probably the main reason i picked up the sequel, which did sadly end up to be a waste of money but oh well.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
FF8 and FF9 both have really memorably sweet endings.

MGS 3's ending is satisfying but in a different kind of a way. It is satisfying in terms of giving the central character a definitive arc. You don't come out of the game feeling happy and content, you come out of the game kinda upset but you completely understand why the legendary Big Boss ended up the way he did by the time of the first Metal Gear game. And then they made a bunch of sequels to MGS3 and kinda sullied the impact of it's ending.

Sep 14, 2019

I don't really know for sure because I've never finished the games, but isn't the concept of Darksiders that they all take place around the same time under the different perspective of the horsemen and the "ending" continues once all 4 characters meet in the 4th/5th one?

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
The first time you beat P4 Golden is amazing. During the last parts you have a chat with all of the social links that you helped in order to find the strength to defeat the true last boss. Afterwards you also see them and say your goodbyes, pretty bittersweet.

I agree with Nier Automata, that game just does wonders with the ending.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do sad but beautiful endings count as satisfying?

If so Final Fantasy X and Terranigma.

Diablo II was pretty cool too back in the day.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
ICO's playable epilogue is still probably the most gripping sequence i've had in a game, and I played it more than a decade after it originally came out.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
The final 5 seconds of Untitled Goose Game where you realise just how much of an arsehole this goose has been was glorious.

People talk about games mimicking film, this is the nearest I've seen a game come to some whimsical Film Four comedy.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The ending to The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine. You've defeated the final boss, then you help best bro Regis out of a tight spot, followed by a satisfying round of mandrake hooch as the two of you reminisce on your experiences. Geralt passes the player a knowing smile

AlMOZi2.gif

and then you travel to Corvo Bianco to find that best girl Yennefer has moved in. Geralt can finally think of settling down and hanging up his swords. A really heartwarming ending for a character who's been through so much.

This was really special, too. I played the game for the first time about a month ago, and this ending really made up for all of the heartache of the previous fifteen or so hours.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I'm talking about Oot for the third thread today. But that's it. Oot has my favorite ending sequence with a lot o memorable moments, good music and a great cliffhanger.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Nier automata true ending seals the deal. One of the best gaming experience in my life.

This gen we had a lot of great endings giving closure to long lasting franchise... UC4, Witcher 3...

But the king of best endings is FFX

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fire Emblem 3 Houses Silver Snow Ending maybe my favorite ending in a game ever when you choose to give a certain item to Rhea. The way it comes together and getting to fight the real villains of Foldlan is just fantastic plus the mystery behind Byleth actually had a good pay off.

Stove

Oct 27, 2017
Finding the eye of the universe and the finale in general of Outer Wilds.

Definitely the most satisfying ending to a game I've experienced in a long time.