• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most pleasurable installation

• GPU mmmm that sweet PCI-E click

Votes: 306 36.6%
  • CPU, lowering that socket lock = yus

Votes: 121 14.5%
  • RAM it’s like the GPU but 2-4X the clicks

Votes: 361 43.2%
  • Motherboard screwing in corner by corner

Votes: 19 2.3%
  • Power cables / CPU Coolers / Drives / Headers

Votes: 29 3.5%

• Total voters

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
turning it on and not catching on fire or having it...ya know...actually turn on?

thats my fav

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I've always been a fan of memory sticks getting inserted and fastened. Mmmm.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I imagine termal paste is my cum so millions of my soldiers formed a cooling society and are protecting their one and only CPU god.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
CPU with pins.

giphy.gif

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
GPU, because the anticipation of what I'll experience afterwards makes that click all the more special. :)

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
It sure isn't the CPU Cooler.

I would say graphics card because it gives the least resistance.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
When I'm building a PC, I usually leave the GPU installation last and once it's done, the build is done! Nothing more satisfying than that with regards to hardware installation.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I absolutely agree with RAM. It's basically impossible to screw up and has such a weighty thunk to it.

The feeling of installing a CPU is more of 'thank god that shit is over.'

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Power supply and getting those cables looking clean. Followed by clamping down an nvme drive.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Half the motherboards I've used had lock mechanisms for the CPU that felt like I was going to snap the motherboard in half from how hard you have to push them down and lock them in.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Definitely the RAM.

GPU is less satisfying now you've got all those additional power cables going to it.
The feeling of installing a CPU is more of 'thank god that shit is over.'
Indeed. My heart races through that nightmare process. Not to mention installing the many multiple fiddly components of a decent CPU cooler.

Back when I was younger and CPUs still had pins, I bent one. I then tried to unbend it and it snapped off. And I ended up with a brand new shiny useless CPU.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The most satisfying are those tiny ass one pin cables you gotta align properly in the exact order on to the mobo otherwise nothing boots but no one wants to pack in an adapter with the motherboard, forcing you to exhaustingly plug those sons of bitches in one out of time in a progressively difficult, tedious, and annoying matter.

And it's only satisfying because once that shit is done, you can finally relax.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
When I install RAM I still have the stress of building the rest of the computer. When I'm installing the GPU it means the rest is done and good things are to come.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Getting that big ol' GPU in is always the best part. The CPU and Mobo is a "thankfully that shit is done" and the RAM is just meh.

Prophet Steve

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely the RAM, the click is great. Sliding HDD brackets in feels nice too, but that depends on the case a lot.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
The fuck are you people doing with your CPUs? I'd understand being afraid of messing up if it is your first time but after that you lit just put it in the socket and clamp down.

Kirksplosion

Aug 21, 2018
Power cables = it means I'm almost friggin' done.

Actually I'd answer anything but the CPU and especially the CPU heat sink. I hate it so so much.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
CPU, terrifying, RAM, terrifying ... heavy GPU snapping into place, satisfying AF.