• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
I've been thinking about this recently, especially since the Mega Man Zero/ZX Collection came out and I've been spending more time among this community, but the Mega Man community is incredibly wholesome, respectful and actually focused on love of the material about 90% of the time. It's incredibly refreshing after seeing toxic communities like Star Wars or League of Legends, or communities that love to shit on other games or communities (even games within said community) - the Final Fantasy community can be like this.

Drinking game: take a shot every time you read the word community in this post.

What communities have you had good experiences with?

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
None of them if you stick around long enough for them to show their ugly sides

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Warframe; it's a supremely opaque game that the community never ceases to prop up by taking new players under its wing and shepherding them through the ranks. And I don't think it's by accident either; Digital Extremes are EXTREMELY involved with and responsive to their community, and that attitude trickles down.

Deleted member 41651

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Had a surprisingly shit-free 2 years in Warframe. Mileage may vary but people were generally good spirited especially towards newbies. I paid it forward by not price gouging or just giving stuff away for free to new players. Clans were chill, no harsh metas etc.

ESO was pretty good, too. I didn't participate in the advanced endgame content though.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Monster Hunter has a pretty good one. The only time you see in-fighting is when discussing whether Mushroomancer is worth it or not as a skill (it is).

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Ace Attorney circa the original games being new (the old Court-Records forums and GameFAQs boards) were extremely friendly, especially considering the time period this was (the late 2000s, when teenage edgelords WERE the internet). Now it feels like the majority of the fandom is just frustrated with the good new games in the series not getting an English release and the direction the mainline games have gone in.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't the warframe community supposedly really great? I thought i'd heard good things about them.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dark Souls community has always been full of stand up guys in my experience.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Without seeing many myself, the sweetest people were on little big planet forums. Wonder how dreams is?

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I got perma-banned from an online animal crossing community for forgetting to drop some bells in exchange for a KK slider record someone offered to sell me.

No opportunity to apologize and pay them what I owed plus extra for the inconvenience, just a straight up permaban, slews of insults calling me a bad person, etc. I was basically exiled for an honest mistake.

I think that community must have been run by powertripping 14 year olds because they took that shit way too seriously.

Lothar

Oct 25, 2017

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
Virtua Fighter but only the version that is in the Yakuza game.

It's a very specific community.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I hear Kerbal Space Program has a great community.

The LTTP Randomizer community also seems great. Everyone is always really nice in any LTTPR stream.