• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Edit:
Apple Music: https://music.apple.com/us/album/mother-music-revisited/1550214334

iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/mother-music-revisited/1550214334

Thank you RusselUp for the Apple Music link!

YouTube Music Premium: https://youtu.be/3XQ-tOVpB2c

Original post:

www.animenewsnetwork.com

Mother/Earthbound Gets New Soundtrack Released Digitally in U.S., Canada

'Mother Music Revisited' album will be available on Spotify, Apple Music from January 27

Nintendo's classic Famicom (Nintendo Entertainment System) game Mother is getting a new soundtrack album, which will be distributed digitally in the U.S. and Canada on January 27. The "Mother Music Revisited" album features tracks recorded, produced, and self-covered by composer Keiichi Suzuki.

Nippon Columbia, which is releasing the soundtrack, shared a live concert video on YouTube for the "Snow Man" track. The video is from the Billboard Live Tokyo live concert from November 28, which commemorated Suzuki's 50th anniversary as a professional musician.

The 10-song album will be available via download and subscription services such as Spotify, Apple Music, and iTunes.

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
la la la la la
la la la la la
la la la la, la
la la la la

la
la
la
la

lalalala, lalalala
lalalalala, la la
lalala

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Would love all Mother soundtracks available. But this is nice.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

Keiichi Suzuki is awesome in everything he does, the stuff he did with his wife in this era reminds me a lot of his Mother music.

Toad King

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Nice! I had the CD version pre-ordered but I didn't know they were doing a worldwide digital release.

EDIT: Nvm, just USA/Canada/Japan, not WW. :(

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone having luck finding this on Apple Music? I wanna nab the vinyl to go with the Mother 1, Mother 2, and "Mother Fucking Earthbound" album + Test Press but I missed out on preorders

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Anyone having luck finding this on Apple Music? I wanna nab the vinyl to go with the Mother 1, Mother 2, and "Mother Fucking Earthbound" album + Test Press but I missed out on preorders
Not yet. It might not go live on Apple Music/iTunes until midnight Eastern Time or something. I'll add links to them in the OP once they're live.

batfax

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice. I guess I don't have to wait for my order of the album to arrive to listen to it then.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
hell yeah! I won the random draw for the test press, so I'm one of 10 people who has that. I think we've chatted before in the VGMVinyl discord!
oh ya!! I remember!

Also, holy SHIT!! This version of Flying Man is absolutely blowing my mind. What absolute ear candy and so much texture. There is a modern artist named Shugo Tokumaru that writes music a lot like this and I completely recommend people to listen to him.

May 30, 2018
god this rules hard. any news of this coming to vinyl in the us? seems like something fangamer would absolutely be hounding them about.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I don't use any of those music services so I guess I should try to pre-order the physical CD. I didn't even know this was a thing. Wow. The original Mother 1 album is probably my favorite video game album ever.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
Wow this is a nice surprise. Didn't think we'd get this so soon if ever on digital storefronts.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Take a melody
Simple as can be
Give it some words, and
Sweet harmony

Raise your voices
All day long now, love grows strong now
Sing a melody of love
Oh, love

Love is the power
Love is the glory
Love is the beauty and the joy of spring

Love is the magic
Love is the story
Love is the melody we all can sing

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
How come Amazon Music gets shafted all the time. Can't even use the dumb fucker on the PS5, I can't find the Persona albums on it and now this. Supposed to have a massive library but seriously might have to jump to Spotify.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Updated the OP with links to Apple Music, iTunes, and YouTube Music Premium.

Thank you everyone!

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
This is great, but dammit, Mother 1 - 3 deserve complete soundtrack albums. Why must fans have to resort to ripping NSF, SPC, and GSF files to another format? Give us something complete and legitimate.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
This is some sublimely weird shit in the spirit of Suzuki's YMO-adjacent earlier years, real far out.

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
This is some sublimely weird shit in the spirit of Suzuki's YMO-adjacent earlier years, real far out.

Yeah, this is freakin' wild. When I originally heard the preview samples I was concerned they'd gotten too experimental, but Snowman alone is worth the price of admission -- that thing puts you into a trance, I swear.

This is great, but dammit, Mother 1 - 3 deserve complete soundtrack albums. Why must fans have to resort to ripping NSF, SPC, and GSF files to another format? Give us something complete and legitimate.

The entirety of Mother 1/Beginnings is on the Deluxe Edition's second CD! It sounds great.

(By the way, um...has anyone else noticed they got Itoi to comment on select dialogue for Mother: The Complete Scripts? I contacted Mato/Clyde Mandelin on Twitter, but he's apparently MIA. I'd take a crack at it, but I'm not confident in my Japanese yet.)

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
(By the way, um...has anyone else noticed they got Itoi to comment on select dialogue for Mother: The Complete Scripts? I contacted Mato/Clyde Mandelin on Twitter, but he's apparently MIA. I'd take a crack at it, but I'm not confident in my Japanese yet.)
Yep. And the books are something else, too.
image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg