• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
I like how he tries to pass it off as being unfair. "I killed a woman in a game where you kill a bunch of men too!!!"

Then the receipts come out with the SJW bullshit.

Fuck this dude and gamergate culture.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I'm pretty sure you get honor for killing
that slave hunter dude
at least

I wish I didn't spare him but I like the idea of having him suffer with his thoughts and losing everything, and essentially being a nobody for the rest of his life. It was tempting though. I think I hogtied him and walked away.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It sucks becuase I enjoyed how Arthur actually tells how he feels about slavery, women's rights and even that eugenics guy. Liked all those interactions.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
What's makes this annoying is that i've been subscribed to Shirrako for a long time cause of his gaming videos. I didn't think he was a closet bigot into i saw these RDR2 videos in particular in which i immediately unsubscribed. The fact that you cant tell bigots with agendas from general people just uploading game footage is scary.

What also makes me annoyed is that he's made videos of the same RDR2 killing Nazi's. Like okay, your against the Nazis, but when there are women who have no power in a time when they had no power, your automatic response is to act just like the men of that time period? Cause its like...totally not the same right. "I dont hate ALL feminists guys, just the 'third wave' feminists with the blue hair or whatever". Of course, these are just excuses by hypocrites and bigots

MisterBear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What's makes this annoying is that i've been subscribed to Shirrako for a long time cause of his gaming videos. I didn't think he was a closet bigot into i saw these RDR2 videos in particular in which i immediately unsubscribed. The fact that you cant tell bigots with agendas from general people just uploading game footage is scary.

What also makes me annoyed is that he's made videos of the same RDR2 killing Nazi's. Like okay, your against the Nazis, but when there are women who have no power in a time when they had no power, your automatic response is to act just like the men of that time period? Cause its like...totally not the same right. "I dont hate ALL feminists guys, just the 'third wave' feminists with the blue hair or whatever". Of course, these are just excuses by hypocrites and bigots

I agree that he went excessive with the videos. But that specific NPC is quite obnoxious and I almost killed her because of how annoying she is. There are a lot of other feminists in the game that are fine and tells a nice story.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
He should get his channel back.
Youtube 'drawing lines in the sand' at a moments notice is unprofessional.

Although, I just think it was an influx of flaggers that made Youtube's algorithm shut his channel down.

Youtube, update your "rule book'.
If you have an issue with violence against women, feminist, etc in VIDEO GAMES, state that.

What I should not see, is this kid's channel getting taken down, but yet you have an endless video catalog of women getting beaten & killed in GTA.

- Give this kid his channel back.
- Then on your end, decide where your morality stands when it comes to uploading certain things in video games.

It's not rocket science.
I love how grown ass men are always referred to as "kids" if they're caucasian.

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Go on any non-game related Chat room or discussion and it's equally as nuts. I mean in general I avoid Off-Topic sections of forums because they tend to be the MOST toxic and aggressive.

No, completely disagree. Gaming has a special breed of libertarian and they are some of the worst, least empathetic types to talk to. The average emotional intelligence on display is staggering.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I agree that he went excessive with the videos. But that specific NPC is quite obnoxious and I almost killed her because of how annoying she is. There are a lot of other feminists in the game that are fine and tells a nice story.

It's not "excessive", this isn't his just accidentally going too far, it's him exposing his very real misogyny, that you're very much interested in diminishing for some reason.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Good riddance.

Those videos (or titles since I never gave the guy any clicks) were very disgusting.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
when you try to shop for clothing in the game, your dialogue with the shop keeper keeps being interrupted by her shouting, so I simply wanted to shop in peace

so uh what dialogue is this now? pretty sure you buy it all from a catalog. likewise i don't actually remember being able to hear her from the within the shop.

Deleted member 41271

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I think articles like this do a disservice to the feminist movement.
He should get his channel back.

Gamers gotta gamer. Always willing to shit on feminists and defend lololfeministshoulddielolol.

Do you mean "fuck alt-right American white male gamers who made up less than 25% of the entire gaming world" ?

Yeah, threads like this one show that while 20-25% may be "alt-right", a good chunk of the rest of the lot aren't much better. Just because you're not outright alt-right doesn't mean you're right, or great, or beyond reproach.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I agree that he went excessive with the videos. But
This may come as a huge shock to you because you keep repeating it BUT no one gives a shit if you think the npc was annoying. It has no relevance to this topic aside from lowkey trying to justify the videos and your own ridiculous response to the npc in question. So you can stop talking about how annoying a character being abrasive about her right to vote is kthx.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
This guy is completely delusional, he probably thought it's ok to make this type of content because "everyone" seem to hate on modern feminism.

Which again, is completely delusional.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

the fact that he went out of his way to make MULTIPLE videos of her being killed in a multitude of horrifying ways, naming the NPC as a "feminist" and uploading videos of nazis, putting feminists on the same level as nazis, yeah i can see why youtube banned him. Its not just about an NPC who may be annoying. Its about the message your sending and the agenda you have by putting up those videos. For all the talk of right wingers complaints of left wing agendas on youtube regarding games or whatever, right wing agendas are far more damaging and can have people fall down an infinitely more destructive rabbit hole. And those have gotten off relatively scott free outside of Alex jones who essentially was telling people to go target sandy hook families, yet he still was able to stay around.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe, it's more of a fact that it's a popular medium? That requires you to be social with others? I don't think its inherently people that play games hate women and minorities. But more that if you give a voice and anonymity to a large swath of people, there are people that will use it to try and upset you, unfortunately that stuff is the easiest way to upset and effect someone through the internet.

Go on any non-game related Chat room or discussion and it's equally as nuts. I mean in general I avoid Off-Topic sections of forums because they tend to be the MOST toxic and aggressive.

I mean, I don't really know what you're trying to get at with this post. It doesn't matter to me that people are like this everywhere (to clarify, in the context of this thread). This topic is about gaming, and what it discusses is inexcusable. And I get that not every gamer is a bigoted asshole. I wouldn't be on Resetera otherwise. But I also have the nuance to know that when somebody says something like "fuck gamers", they're condemning a very specific (and unfortunately very large and very vocal) subset of the community.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen anything about killing racist on the street, I did fuck up the KKK however. You do not get honor for it, your honor just doesn't drop. I think they handled it well there.
There's a stranger/sidequest
where the man is actually connected on black slavery, you helped him only realizing what he is. Arthur will get angry and will burn all the item he requested. If you kill him after the missinon you'll get an honor up

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Disappointed it's Shirrako. Believe he used to post on these forums or the previous one, and I've even linked to his videos before. What he doesn't seem to understand is its not about him killing a women, but specifically pinpoint targeting, killing and mocking what he deems as "an annoying feminist", when it's a female pushing for women's rights and suffrage, which in that time eventually led to women gaining the right to vote in other words, something monumentally noteworthy and commendable.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Except that's false. The game is very black and white with how it presents social issues. It's very much about condemning hateful people, whether they're racist or sexist. In the mission the author is talking about there
the leader of the particular suffrage movement has a speech where she talks about equal rights were what our founding fathers want. And then you have these obnoxious asshole guy walk in and say "YEAAH...FOUNDING FATHERS, NOT FOUNDING MOTHERS!!". Did the author think that was meant to be taken as a positive? And while they're riding through town and being harassed by people, the leader comments to Arthur something along the lines, "I give you, the male species", to which Arthur replies, "It was a dumb one. I give you that". There are other examples as well.
I really don't know how you can play the game and think Rockstar was trying to present women's suffrage in a neutral manner. It's absolutely painted as being a terrible thing and those against it are portrayed as being ignorant.

I have yet to play the game though. I was going by the article's claim about how R* portrayed the movement being in the game. From what I understood the dev team were neutral and the nasty attitude portrayed by way of NPC dialogues and comments in the game, was the prevailing one espoused by many men at the time.

Regardless of my interpretation or misinterpretation, the point stands that the Ytuber repeatedly glorified creative ways to kill an NPC who who is in the game to represent positive change and empowerment to women for the sake of "triggering" the left. It was disgusting, petty and rife with toxic masculine chauvinism.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed it's Shirrako. Believe he used to post on these forums or the previous one, and I've even linked to his videos before. What he doesn't seem to understand is its not about him killing a women, but specifically killing and mocking what he deems as "an annoying feminist", when really it's a female pushing for women's rights and suffrage, which in that time eventually led to women gaining the right to vote, in other words, something monumentally noteworthy and commendable.

He understands exactly what he's doing/

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
No. This particular situation is not in their TOS.

Our products are platforms for free expression. But we don't support content that promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity, or whose primary purpose is inciting hatred on the basis of these core characteristics.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Disappointed it's Shirrako. Believe he used to post on these forums or the previous one, and I've even linked to his videos before. What he doesn't seem to understand is its not about him killing a women, but specifically pinpoint targeting, killing and mocking what he deems as "an annoying feminist", when it's a female pushing for women's rights and suffrage, which in that time eventually led to women gaining the right to vote in other words, something monumentally noteworthy and commendable.
He absolutely understands

Oct 30, 2017
Disgusting... funny I blocked him not that long ago because he kept spoiling games for me, making certain story moments in a stand alone video with the twist spoiled in the title.

Driver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
The thing is, to dismiss these as shitposts is disingenuous. These are statements of anger from groups that are routinely targeted by a sizeable portion of gamers. This isn't the same as someone posting "Fuck Blizzard and their anti-consumer bullshit" in a D:I thread. One is an angry comment coming from someone belonging to a group that get harassed, doxxed, and just tortured by the internet, and the other is coming from a gamer that is facing, at best, mild inconvenience by having a game they can't play. There's a massive gulf between the two. What really happens to men as a result of the off-hand comment? A hurt feeling? A sense of anger that'll fade away in an hour at most? It hurts being targeted and misgeneralized as something hurting the hobby you love, right?

Now imagine that feeling, but its amplified by a thousand and its constant. That's how I imagine the average female gamer feels on the internet. Speak up at how you think its nonsense that a courageous hero is wearing a chainmail bikini and high heels? Hate. Speak up about how you find Japan's fetishization of minors off-putting? Hate. Imagine being called an SJW and an immense amount of slurs, all because something made you feel hurt and a bit angry and you spoke up against it. That's what these folks are feeling now, and that's what women and minorities feel on a near constant basis just for liking games and wanting to be better.

I get the fact that there is a huge gulf of a difference between oppressed groups and a dominant majority. I get that these folks are pissed. I just think that people - even shitty people - can change their minds. I grew up in religious household and held some pretty stupid beliefs growing up. It wasn't until I went to college and became educated that I saw the errors in how I was brought up. I was able to change my mind and I believe other people can too. It's worth it to at least try and change peoples mind with thoughtful discussions and arguments. While I understand the sentiment of those saying "men are trash" and "fuck gamers" it doesn't help the discussion and it won't help change anyones mind. It comes off as an outburst of someone who really doesn't have anything to say but just wants to disrupt a conversation.

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Terminated the channel for VIOLENCE?

In a game where you can shoot the limbs of any character?

Wow.

cXFsuxq.png

lJdcLRi.png

IBgYQwZ.png

4csg21G.png

XdQR74a.png

anuYLUL.png

But go ahead and try to remove all context so you can be outraged.
47a6358c-9b14-42c0-b7d2-b1d951fc4cff.gif

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Oh boy but how could "Annoying Feminist Fed to Pigs" or "Annoying Feminist Fed to Alligator" possibly be promoting hatred or violence against a group

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

I agree, the content he posted before was pretty much innocuous until now. And its even worse cause of the millions of views that video actually got. Like it must have been people searching around for "feminist gets owned" videos, but a portion of that were also RDR2 players and people who were searching for RDR2 stuff, and...yeah comments sections just reveal the ugly truth of that kind of mindset

When people say "gamers were a mistake", its at these times where i struggle to come up with actual defenses of the charge.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
lJdcLRi.png

Haha look at that, they know who to run to don't they. Their heroes. From the way he reacted I have a feeling he wasn't banned by youtube for punching a woman NPC but something more than just that. He obviously feel a certain way about women.

Edit: Holy crap I should have kept going, apparently those videos aren't his reaction to being banned, but why he got banned. Youtube did right, this guy is an idiot.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why are people defending this? like you really can't defend this anywhere