1. Wiped

Wiped

I'm not suggesting that at all, where did you pluck that from?

I just thought it's interesting how society changes a lot in some ways but not a lot in other ways, and how Rockstar was at the centre both times.

2. SolidSnakex

SolidSnakex

That's cool. Without spoiling anything specific I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the game when it comes to its handling of social issues. I have been and I know others have been as well. This isn't GTA.

3. Spinky

Spinky

Shirrako regularly floods my recommendations with spoilers for brand new games barely 24 hours after they've been out, so him getting banned is good shit. Don't come back.

4. Descapp

Descapp

I know this channel because it always appear in my recommendations (despite saying I'm not interested) with spoilers in the thumbnail, so good riddance lol

The videos are terrible and the whole "why can you kill men but not women!!" is pathetic.

5. Mesoian

Mesoian

I mean, your statement, whether you meant it this way or not, was that we should let such hateful videos go unhindered because to act or speak against them might rile them up to doing more.

Which, you know, is bad and wrong. It is badong.

6. Dalik

Dalik

THINKING.JPG

7. Schnee

Schnee

Because Gamers™️

8. Trup1aya

Trup1aya

No, report him, get his channel dropped. Don't get him even more publicity by making him a headline.

9. Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Aka the exact opposite of what Wambo was doing as he typed that post.

10. Trup1aya

Trup1aya

You are. My comment didn't deserve a more enhancing response, yet here you are, four posts later, still engaging, but still not saying shit.

11. Blade Wolf

Blade Wolf

Would be hilarious if Twitter ban him as well lol

12. Klyka

Klyka

Wow you are a fucking moron

13. Raoh

Raoh

Only person we are excited to kill is Micah.

14. Trup1aya

Trup1aya

Please show me where I said we just let hateful videos go unhindered or that we shouldn't speak against hate.... I'll wait.

I think the article did the opposite of hindering him. It made him a hate celebrity.

15. ctfg23

ctfg23

Jack Thompson argued that games made kids violent. This is some MRA asshole putting his toxic ideology into the game. Completely different.

16. nib95

nib95

Were those things part of a video series dedicated to targeting only a specific or particular group based on their gender and belief?

17. Mesoian

Mesoian

I mean, I also don't think it's wrong to point at his poor actions and say, "See this? This is bad. Don't do this. He was dumb for doing this and here's why," where then we can have a greater conversation about why he was wrong, why google was wrong for pushing his videos so hard, and why people shouldn't repeat his actions out of some weird spite-filled angle because they don't understand the concept of "hateful content".

18. [​IMG]
    You thought this was profound, didn't you?

19. DigitalOp

DigitalOp

Black People don't belong in America and should be exterminated - DIFFERENT OPINION

Equates Racist Murderers with Women fighting for Civil Rights

Wambo, are you stupid or evil? Which one?

20. excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Actually if you look above I did in fact elaborate

You never really explained why this is bad for feminism....

21. Axo5000

Axo5000

Add it to the reasons why I stopped calling myself a “gamer”

22. Grimminski

Grimminski

These threads always bring out this forums trashiest members.

23. Gonzalez

Gonzalez

Gender yes, belief no.

24. nib95

nib95

Please feel free to link them.

25. Blade Wolf

Blade Wolf

I smile everytime he dies during story mission.

Game was like: MISSION FAILED

I was like: No, let's just roll with it okay

26. psychowave

psychowave

i wish jack thompson hadn't completely poisoned the well wrt violence in video games, because i do feel that there's a very interesting discussion to be had about the glorification of violence in video games, as well as the fact that most games require you to be violent to proceed, and how games devs seem to struggle with coming up with ways to meaningful interact with game worlds that don't require you to destroy shit

of course Gamerz are completely allergic to any kind of nuanced criticism of video games so maybe even if jack thompson didn't exist they would still react poorly to discussion about violence in video games anyway

27. Andrew Lucas

Andrew Lucas
    Banned Member

Found the edgelord.

28. Spinky

Spinky

LMAO

Bye, fucko.

29. In that case sorry. So the MRA guys made a stupid name. Who woulda thunk it?

30. Gonzalez

Gonzalez

Was pulled down actually.

31. newmoneytrash

newmoneytrash

This is so arbitrary. There is nothing wrong with exposing and shaming this kind of garbage. It’s just a lazy way of making this a both sides argument by being like yeah he did a bad thing but you’re TALKING about it being bad, which is just as bad

32. Andrew Lucas

Andrew Lucas
    Banned Member

The true intelectuals of our society.

33. nib95

nib95

Well there you go.

34. Tensuke

Tensuke

I think there's disagreement about whether this actually breaks the TOS because, again, it's from a video game. I think that's the most important fact when looking at what happened, I don't think it should be discounted as some people are doing. I've only got the article to go off of since the video was removed, but it appears in-game he just kills people, and the titles are, while objectionable, just describing what he did. Not something like, "This is what you should do to feminists" which I do think would be promoting or condoning violence against real people, and would break TOS. But the question is, are video game characters protected groups? Personally, I don't think so, which is why I don't think the video strictly breaks the TOS. Maybe the guy made hateful comments in the video, or in the comments on the page, but I don't know that since it was removed.

Thompson often argued that violent games were an outlet where kids could rehearse their existing violent fantasies, which is what you're accusing this guy of doing. And maybe he was, his titles certainly suggest it, but there is no study that shows real life violence linked to video game violence, so the point would be moot regardless of why he made the video.

35. MisterBear

MisterBear

To be fair though, I don't think game characters should get the right to vote. If that's what you are getting at.

36. excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

I don;t think you make 10 videos or whatever where you meticulously play out your feminist murder fantasies and then post them with Alt-right clickbait monitzation titles just for fun. It's expressing hatred.

37. Iva Demilcol

Iva Demilcol

Ah, I subscribed to Shirrako’s channel because the guy had all the Souls games soundtracks as well as other games’. Didn’t know he was a GG piece of shit...

38. Mesoian

Mesoian

It's not one video it's at least 5 videos.

Come on man, this is in the OP.

39. JusDoIt

JusDoIt

This is the most insidious whataboutism I've seen on this forum.

40. Blade Wolf

Blade Wolf

Just because you think banning his channel is too harsh doesn't mean you have to defend his video.

Feel free to express how it's too much or too unprofessional to ban him but please don't start jutifying his content.

41. Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

I'm not entertaining your "it's just pixels" bs sorrynotsorry.

You're not clever.

42. JustinH

JustinH

Sorry to derail just for a second, but this made me chuckle. I'm not that far in the game (after 30 hours only still chapter 2), but
    dammit did I really just want to leave him in that jail cell, and holy crap I actually tried to shoot him while the mission was going on because I was like "Dammit! I did not want to get involved in all of this"

I wonder just how far the video poster is going to go with the "I'm the victim here" since he's been banned.

43. Spinky

Spinky

I hope Sterling makes a video about this and it's the exact opposite of what Shirrako wanted. If he did, it would be.

44. Astartes

Astartes

Did you just not walk away and just stay in her general vicinity or.....

45. leburn98

leburn98

Well based on that wording, anyone uploading videos of the Carmagedon games could fall under the "Hateful Content" guideline. The originals had you kill pedestrians that included killing elderly people who would scream "I was in the war" and elderly women with walkers to increase your time limit.

For example, this trailer for Carmagedon: Max Damage should be banned as per the TOS and guidelines you listed as it glorifies the death of wheelchair bound pedestrians for fun.

While I have no sympathy for idiot in the original story, I can see how YouTubers may be concerned based on this reaction.

46. Neon Noir

Neon Noir

• User banned (1 week) - off-topic, drive-by, vitriolic attacks on another member + recent infraction for the same thing
    I swear that fat fuck Jim Sterling pays for promotion on this board.

47. Tensuke

Tensuke

I don't think the number of videos changes the fact that the titles nor the content were specifically advocating violence against real people. I think that's what the TOS view hinges on. A pattern may show his true colors, but it doesn't magically mean he promotes real violence.

You were calling for someone to refute the TOS argument--and like I said, the difference in video game characters and real people is probably the most important part of whether or not the TOS applies. If you won't even entertain the notion that there's a difference, than I guess you win?

48. Lulu

Lulu

Wtf

49. MisterBear

MisterBear

No she is really annoying, I'm sorry. It doesn't justify virtual murder, but there are a couple shops near her and she's audible during the entire transactions in the shop. I was cordial with her during our interactions, but I had some withheld grievances. She's literally the most annoying NPC in the cities, for some reason.

50. Laiza

Laiza

...Tell us more about how you feel about Jim Sterling.
    It doesn't matter if you use an effigy or a real person. By expressing these views you are promoting violence towards real women, full stop. Especially women who are of the "feminist" persuasion (like myself).