• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4037

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never defended the videos, just the assertions that his videos meant he supported real world violence. Maybe if people stop making the claim that doing fucked up things in video games means you want to do fucked up things in real life...
Then you have to ask yourself why specifically that npc was picked and elaborately killed. They may not go out and do it themselves, but there is something fucked up there

Oct 30, 2017
"It's just a game". This guy, and everything shit bag who supports him, is absolute filth.

If you don't think these people fantasize about doing this stuff in real life, you're delusional.

SYcUzvi.jpg

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
How are people still trying to defend this guy and his views. Any doubt about his intentions flew out the window when he went on twitter crying about the SJWs

You're all making yourselves looks stupid

Tensuke

Oct 27, 2017
The guy was so upset by an NPC in a video game advocating for women's rights that he elaborately killed her in several ways, made videos about it with all caps clickbait titles, attracted a bunch of alt-right garbage to the comments section, then pretended to be the victim after being banned. It's definitely not a stretch to say that he doesn't give a shit about real world violence against women. Someone who is against violence against women wouldn't do any of this shit.
Sure it is. Most people aren't okay with actual violence. That's why violent crime has been decreasing for a few decades. You can still complain about "the sjws" and be against violence towards women.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
i genuinely don't understand why people would make videos like these.
it's not entertainment, it's promoting hate

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Open games are open. I always enjoy rockstar games and take actions in them I would never take IRL.

do you attack minorities in the worst ways, post it online in multiple videos in typical clickbait "feminazi gets OWNED" fashion to get right wing circlejerks going about advocating violence with political dissents with whom you disagree? No? Then your not commenting on this situation we're speaking about

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Curious if y'all would be defending a guy repeatedly creating animations that glorify killing feminists, with titles like feeding feminist to alligators.

IBLiSTRiGGER

Jun 7, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
tbh i'm disappointed the little shitheel got his channel back. now he gets to be the brave templar. almost martyr, who dared to challenge the dirty youtube feminists.

great work, yt, you made it worse.

Curious if y'all would be defending a guy repeatedly creating animations that glorify killing feminists, with titles like feeding feminist to alligators.

seriously that is some straight up ryoma shit. gave me the heebie jeebies.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
There is clearly something very distressing about it, but I kind of struggle to understand why I think it's worse than killing any random NPC. Though I haven't watched the video.

I don't think murdering a woman is somehow more morally reprehensible than murdering a man, and I don't see any moral issue with murdering NPCs.

If you give people access to a simulation of this grandeur, people are going to do everything with it, and not everyone internalises violence in video games the same way.

I don't know, it's awful, and really lame, but I don't know exactly why I think it is. I haven't randomly murdered anyone in the game, but I know if I had to off a witness that happened to be a woman, I wouldn't feel anything about it.

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see the venn diagram for people who think college kids/protesters take things too far and people who think it's okay to get excited about killing feminist in a video game. Bet it would be almost a circle

Oct 29, 2017
There is clearly something very distressing about it, but I kind of struggle to understand why I think it's worse than killing any random NPC. Though I haven't watched the video.

I don't think murdering a woman is some how more morally reprehensible than murdering a man, and I don't see any moral issue with murdering NPCs.

If you give people access to a simulation of this grandeur, people are going to do everything with it, and not everyone internalises violence in video games the same way.

I don't know, it's awful, and really lame, but I don't know exactly why I think it is. I haven't randomly murdered anyone in the game, but I know if I had to off a witness that happened to be a woman, I wouldn't feel anything about it.

This thread is about recording the videos and uploading them to Youtube with very specific titles. You haven't touched on the actual thread topic in your post

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
My brain can't handle the insane amount of stupidity in that OP. Motherboard have seriously lost it.

Edit: oh ok, it's not just about punching female characters.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

I don't think murdering a woman is somehow more morally reprehensible than murdering a man, and I don't see any moral issue with murdering NPCs.

Even you...don't understand why making multiple videos of feminists getting killed in horrible ways is shitty? It has nothing to do with the gender of the NPC, but the political message/agenda Shirrako wants to send. "I hate feminists, all right wing people who would love to see violence against feminists, come". And they did, over one million and sixhundred thousand of them.

When you make video titles like this

XdQR74a.png

You are attracting an audience you know you want to attract.

Its a weak dodge to try to play the victim and pretend its all the fault of the SJW's when you are called out over promoting hate, which technically DOES fall within youtube's guidelines, even if they don't enforce it worth a damn

Last edited:

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
You can't make up those tweets. Miss me with that "arrrghhhh so it's okay to kill men but not women???" BS.

It's the agenda behind it that's the problem -- they advocate violence against those advocating women's rights. It's blatant misogyny.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
This thread is about recording the videos and uploading them to Youtube with very specific titles. You haven't touched on the actual thread topic in your post
The internalising of simulated violence was in relation to that. It is not a woman, nor is it a feminist. Not everyone is going to process it the same way.

Most of the people on this board very clearly enjoy simulated violence. It is always directed at someone/something. GAF gave TLoU GotY, which ends with the cold blooded murder of a woman who was trying to save the world.

It was a hot topic of discussion, certainly, but what is that if not entertainment from the simulated murder of a woman who was working for the betterment of the world?

collige

Oct 31, 2017
The internalising of simulated violence was in relation to that. It is not a woman, nor is it a feminist. Not everyone is going to process it the same way.

Most of the people on this board very clearly enjoy simulated violence. It is always directed at someone/something. GAF gave TLoU GotY, when it ends which ends with the cold blooded murder of a woman who was trying to save the world.

It was a hot topic of discussion, certainly, but what is that if not entertainment from the simulated murder of a woman who was working for the betterment of the world?
That's an absurd comparsion. If someone actually made a video game that consisted solely of murdering suffragettes, it would almost certainly get banned from Era, Hatred style

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How could he get his channel reverted? Did he knew someone on YouTube, or the company thought that it wasn't worthy to kill a channel with so many viewers

ry-dog

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get why it's so hard for people to understand this.

They would get it if someone had made and titled a video called "Killing white men in read dead 2". Most of the gaming community would have gotten it by disliking it into oblivion. And I almost guarantee if it went viral Boggie would tear it to pieces rather than supporting it

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

It is a game, and inside of the game it is a digital woman representing the actual olden days of women not having any rights, any power, and having violence inflicted on them for daring to speakout, as RDR2 itself shows in several missions. And you say that doesnt mean anything because its a game and "women get shot all the time and something something violence"?

Dude, you are trying so hard to put your hands over your eyes and plugs in your ears, it is sickening right now.

The entire issue at hand is Shirrako labeling the woman a feminist(that being what she was) and dedicating multiple videos of his to murdering her in countless ways. That is a political statement and rallying cry

nel e nel

Oct 27, 2017

Most of the people on this board very clearly enjoy simulated violence. It is always directed at someone/something. GAF gave TLoU GotY, which ends with the cold blooded murder of a woman who was trying to save the world.

The difference is that was a character moment written by the writers of a game. It was part of the narrative.

This is a player willfully going out of their way to target a specific NPC and label their video very deliberately.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy

You can't really compare a piece of narrative entertainment (a lot of games, movies, books, etc. feature violence) that developed within a certain plot to video stunts called "Feminist fed to pigs" and shit like that. Like MrSaturn said, it's the agenda behind it that's the problem, it's blatant misogyny.

Oct 29, 2017

Still waiting for you to address the actual topic of discussion here. Not sure what kind of point you think you're making with the TLoU rambling but it still has nothing to do with Youtube videos being dicussed

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
It is a game, and inside of the game it is a digital woman representing the actual olden days of women not having any rights, any power, and having violence inflicted on them for daring to speakout, as RDR2 itself shows in several missions. And you say that doesnt mean anything because its a game and "women get shot all the time and something something violence"?

Dude, you are trying so hard to put your hands over your eyes and plugs in your ears, it is sickening right now
No, I didn't say that at all. I said you can't presume to know how everyone experiences simulated violence based on your own internal experience of it.

For example, when Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 came out, people were extremely pissed it removed the blood, and I never understood the issue. That shit looks childish anyway, it functionally makes no difference. But that blood was clearly very important to many people who seemingly get something radically different out of the experience as I do.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
They would get it if someone had made and titled a video called "Killing white men in read dead 2". Most of the gaming community would have gotten it by disliking it into oblivion. And I almost guarantee if it went viral Boggie would tear it to pieces rather than supporting it
Yeah I'm pretty sure he would. People who play "both sides" always defend the ones who are being hateful.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And we STILL have ignorant fools who wonder why some people won't refer to themselves as "gamers"

Oct 28, 2017
No, I didn't say that at all. I said you can't presume to know how everyone experiences simulated violence based on your own internal experience of it.

For example, when Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 came out, people were extremely pissed it removed the blood, and I never understood the issue. That shit looks childish anyway, it functionally makes no difference. But that blood was clearly very important to many people who seemingly get something radically different out of the experience as I do.

What are you even talking about.

The issue isn't the fact that there's violence. The issue is where said violence is directed. And in the case of that Youtuber, the violence is very clearly directed towards suffragettes though content in said video, title of said video, social media responses and so forth. Its not merely murdering a female NPC, its murdering a very specific female NPC that represents a group of women who fight for better rights for women in the actual real world.

Edit:

Like if we look at your Last of Us example here:

The cold blooded murder of said woman at the end of the game was specifically framed in a gender neutral way. The plot of the game had established enough background to the player that Joel did not do this because he was a raging misogynist. He didn't go out of his way to kill this women because he hates women.

This Youtuber is specifically going out of his way to create snuff videos of a single specific female NPC with the support of a decent amount of the "gamer" community.

Last edited:

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

Nobody in this thread is talking about violence at large...we're talking about....why people are pissed at Shirrako. You seem to not understand what they are saying by falsely equivocating it to things not even being discussed

MrSaturn99

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I live in a giant bucket.
Keemstar actually pulled through huh?

Of fucking course. Social media continuing to be garbage.

I really don't get why it's so hard for people to understand this.

Between this and the Native American controversy with Smash Ultimate, it's been quite frustrating witnessing these disingenuous/bad faith arguments all week.

At least with the Mr. Game and Watch thing I can kind of understand if you're not familiar with American history, but this is just indefensible.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
This Youtuber is specifically going out of his way to create snuff videos of a single specific female NPC with the support of a decent amount of the "gamer" community.
Right, and my understanding from the OP is he did it as a result of what he considered overreaction to hitting a female NPC between murdering countless male ones. That is what I was talking about.

His reaction, specifically trying to offend people as some sort of retaliation is clearly abhorrent, but the initial reaction that sparked it is what was interesting to me, because I don't see some slapping a virtual woman as worse than slapping a virtual man.

If you happen to know the YT personality, and know he specifically revels in harming female NPCs, then you do have that context. But if it was a single woman amongst tons of men, as he claims, then that's much harder to gauge.

Last edited:

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Right, and my understanding from the OP is he did it as a result of what he considered overreaction to hitting a female NPC between murdering countless male ones. That is what I was talking about.

His reaction, specifically trying to offend people as some sort of retaliation is clearly abhorrent, but the initial reaction that sparked it is what was interesting to me, because I don't see some slapping a virtual woman as worse than slapping a virtual man.

If you happen to know the YT personality, and know he specifically revels in harming female NPCs, then you do have that context. But if it was a single woman amongst tons of men, as he claims, then that's much harder to gauge.
That was his justification *after* making the videos, not the reason he made them to begin with. All of his actions in making the videos and how he responded to his channel being taken down point to him being an abhorrent person who did this specifically because he thought that violence against a "feminist" is funny. Please don't try to retroactively pretend like this was some Statement or that he didn't know what he was doing. He did. It's there for everyone to see.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
That was his justification *after* making the videos, not the reason he made them to begin with. All of his actions in making the videos and how he responded to his channel being taken down point to him being an abhorrent person who did this specifically because he thought that violence against a "feminist" is funny. Please don't try to retroactively pretend like this was some Statement or that he didn't know what he was doing. He did. It's there for everyone to see.
So the video of the woman specifically was the first?

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
Open games are open. I always enjoy rockstar games and take actions in them I would never take IRL.

Do you record multiple videos of specifically one category of those actions, which just so happens to be violently murdering a type of person who still exists today, and then upload said videos to YouTube to appeal to a large segment of the gaming/YouTube community that hates the type of person you're virtually murdering in all of those videos?

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
I normally refrain myself from commenting in such topics.
In this case however I want to express my opinion.

From the titles of his videos this guy looks to me an unfunny click-bait Youtuber that knows very well how to get lots of views.

Asking for his channel to be removed and outrage at it, since the topic is killing fictional characters in this case, will give him the power to play the victim.

I don't think you want to make a martyr of this guy. Be careful.