• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
2018-Triumph-Tiger-800-XRT-05.jpg
Oh aspirational marketing. I know I'm always pulling my bike up onto the pavement at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and waiting for my fashion-model lady friend to finish her work.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Oh aspirational marketing. I know I'm always pulling my bike up onto the pavement at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and waiting for my fashion-model lady friend to finish her work.

You mean you're not?

I know when I had a hipster Bonneville I was always going to cool secret gin bars with my hipster friends then onto a conveniently deserted beach for an impromptu party. Though saying that I was clean shaven before I started riding and now I have a beard, hmm..

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
I know when I had a hipster Bonneville I was always going to cool secret gin bars with my hipster friends then onto a conveniently deserted beach for an impromptu party. Though saying that I was clean shaven before I started riding and now I have a beard, hmm..

I was showing the Tiger page to my wife and she commented "the ladies all look like they stepped out of the salon and the guys cant seem to find where they put their shavers."

Back to bikes, enjoying the 44T Budget Bike series so far, thanks for the link. "What would make a fishy smell?" The push start. "My clutch has gone." Good fun.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
The sad part is I know exactly which pub car park the SRAD broke down in, its next to Loomies. Good series, it feels like a more roughly shot Top Gear cheap car challenge.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
The sad part is I know exactly which pub car park the SRAD broke down in, its next to Loomies. Good series, it feels like a more roughly shot Top Gear cheap car challenge.

Yes, it's fantastic. Those challenges are what I enjoyed most about Top Gear. Hope 44t will do this type of thing more often.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Is it just me or does it sound very similar the old l-twin engine?

It's not just me:

Ducati said:
We've kept the same firing order as the MotoGP engine, which fires like a V-twin, so it has a similar behaviour and sound.

I'm sure that when customers ride the Panigale V4 they will find a real Ducati with similar twin-cylinder character. If you jump on it with your eyes closed you can say this is a Ducati.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
I do love the Tracer 900. I wonder how much the GT will cost, the standard bike is £9000 here (was £8k, thank you currency markets)

Check out the new Honda CB1000. I complained for years that the old one was a bit pedestrian in the looks department, this certainly looks more unique

118690_2018_cb1000rdpj92.jpg

Yeah, I think their new CB line really nails it in terms of looks.

Chan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sold my bike (Daytona 675) after not riding it for a year and a half due to not having time because of school and work. Getting that itch to ride again now that school is almost finished, thinking of taking an MSF course again as a refresher. I think I want a Street Triple or a Bonneville......not sure which.

Ocho

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys. Newbie follow up part I fucked up:

Beautiful trip close home in some really goaty roads. Travelled fort hours, weather was great, until I came to a turn and lost control of my rear wheel. Not sure if I braked too hard or there was gravel and lost it. Sad part was I locked the front brakes in panic and high sided the fuck out of the bike. I wasnt going too fast and the car coming from the other way was able to stop and it was kinda transited so people came to help.

Damage to my bike seems mostly cosmetic but it was just transported today. Damage to me was pretty bad since I landed directly on my shoulder. Broken left collarbone and wrist. Not too painful but annoying as fuck. I'm cool, but the "told you so's" are happening, Some regret on my part. My family might be too worried for me to stay on the saddle. THE STATS ARE REAL.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Hey guys. Newbie follow up part I fucked up:

Beautiful trip close home in some really goaty roads. Travelled fort hours, weather was great, until I came to a turn and lost control of my rear wheel. Not sure if I braked too hard or there was gravel and lost it. Sad part was I locked the front brakes in panic and high sided the fuck out of the bike. I wasnt going too fast and the car coming from the other way was able to stop and it was kinda transited so people came to help.

Damage to my bike seems mostly cosmetic but it was just transported today. Damage to me was pretty bad since I landed directly on my shoulder. Broken left collarbone and wrist. Not too painful but annoying as fuck. I'm cool, but the "told you so's" are happening, Some regret on my part. My family might be too worried for me to stay on the saddle. THE STATS ARE REAL.
This isn't good to hear :(

I'm glad you're okay.

Ocho

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually without pain atm no medicament on my desk chair so I'm relatively okay, I want to keep riding but this accident might be too much for my mother.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
I'm actually without pain atm no medicament on my desk chair so I'm relatively okay, I want to keep riding but this accident might be too much for my mother.
You should try to learn what happened so you can move on. It'll help give you closure and help you not make the same mistake again. Let us know how things work out for you. I'd be sad if you decide not to ride anymore but I would understand.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds pretty similar to what happened to thesoapster and his R1. Hope you are ok and importantly that the bike is too.

I'm not gonna tell you to get back in the saddle, that's up to you. But I hope you do!

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
In an awkward place where it's very cold to ride, I'm super busy at work, and two of my bikes need state inspection before the season closes. Haven't rode since those last photos, getting itchy.

Sorry to hear about the high-side Ocho. What sort of gloves were you wearing and how did you land on your wrist? If it's any consolation, my brother broke his collar bone eight times growing up and never got near a motorcycle...

maxheadroom

Nov 6, 2017
Berkshire, UK
We had two guys and a woman with a pram try and steal one of the guys bikes at lunchtime yesterday. They kicked the handlebar lock and broke the pin off. This set off the disk lock alarm. All of them then walked off. This was all caught on CCTV as its a private carpark in the middle of Reading opposite the police station.
Now today I am at the office with my bike and I am now looking for a disk lock or I have been reading about throttle locks. Any suggestion

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073RH8XK3/?tag=e100-21

https://www.rydestore.com/ryde-throtlock-motorbike-handlebar-brake-lever-lock.html

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
In an awkward place where it's very cold to ride, I'm super busy at work, and two of my bikes need state inspection before the season closes. Haven't rode since those last photos, getting itchy.

Sorry to hear about the high-side Ocho. What sort of gloves were you wearing and how did you land on your wrist? If it's any consolation, my brother broke his collar bone eight times growing up and never got near a motorcycle...

State inspection, should I take care of that before it is too late? Mine is due Jan/2018. Who knows if January will be rideable.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Great.

Anyone in here actually been watching this season?

I was watching at the beginning of the season, but fell off after Rossi screwed up a couple of times. Last two races were good though.

I've been watching that sport for a long time but I fear Rossi is something of a unicorn in that he's not only incredibly good, but also quite charismatic whereas guys like Lorenzo and Marquez appear to be arrogant little shits - though I suppose you would almost have to be if you're going to make it to the top of a sport that is that difficult and ruthless. They're not as much fun to watch as Rossi however, so I kinda wonder what will happen when Rossi decides he's had enough.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped watching when the BBC lost the rights to show it here. I keep saying I'll buy the MotoGP pass every year but it's so expensive.

Musha_Soturi

Oct 26, 2017
I was watching at the beginning of the season, but fell off after Rossi screwed up a couple of times. Last two races were good though.

I've been watching that sport for a long time but I fear Rossi is something of a unicorn in that he's not only incredibly good, but also quite charismatic whereas guys like Lorenzo and Marquez appear to be arrogant little shits - though I suppose you would almost have to be if you're going to make it to the top of a sport that is that difficult and ruthless. They're not as much fun to watch as Rossi however, so I kinda wonder what will happen when Rossi decides he's had enough.

I'm not keen on Lorenzo but I've warmed up a little bit to Marquez this year, he's definitely grown up in the last couple of years and isn't quite the little shit bag he was in 2015. His riding style is phenomenal though, I love watching him ride. I'm pleased for Dovi this year, it's a massive long shot but I'd love to see him win the championship, he really deserves it.

I stopped watching when the BBC lost the rights to show it here. I keep saying I'll buy the MotoGP pass every year but it's so expensive.

Phone and broadband with BT = free BT TV = free BT Sport

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Guzzi V85 Concept

01_v85m7os4.jpg

Always liked Guzzis, hopefully they put this into production now the Stelvio is gone.

And with all the excitement over the Panigale V4, I missed that they announced an 1100 version of the Scrambler

scrambler-1100-0038ur7f.jpg

Looks pretty much the same, but I love those Monster 1100 style underseat pipes. Probably hot as hell though if my old Street Triple is any indication..

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
I'm off to the NEC show next Sunday so if anyone has any requests I'll see if I can get up close with some of the new bikes. All I really want to see is that Panigale V4 and the new Tiger so far.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
You guys are making me want to get the MotoGP pass next year now. I need some motorsport to follow since I gave up on F1

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
I remember you saying you were thinking of something smaller? If it rides well that would be perfect.

maxheadroom

Nov 6, 2017
Berkshire, UK
Correct, was riding home last night and not having any protection from the elements is harsh. I was half frozen when I got home. Still nice to be out if the weather is dry.