Motorcycle-Era |OT| Two are better than four

Subpar Scrub

Oct 25, 2017
I’m having trouble deciding what bike to go with next lmao. Quite like the looks on some of the Yamaha Bolt R-specs. Here’s one for sale near me, though it would cost quite a bit replacing the exhaust, air filter and speedometer gauge (because the factory ones kinda suck imo):

I’m just in a weird spot where I’m really not sure what I want next. A cruiser, a sports bike, a chill road bike with a more upright position... ugh.

Arucardo

Oct 28, 2017
Put my Speed Triple on sale today just to see if there's any buyers before I put it in to winter storage. Was planning on selling it by the end of next season anyway.

Kinda want to try a supermoto or a 1000cc sports bike, a K5/K6 GSX-R was my dream bike along with the speed triple back in 2006 so I'm tempted to try one of those before I get older and my back or knees can't take it, lol.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Got another bike! Posted on here a few months back about getting a Ninja 250 and finishing the MSF. I really enjoy the 250 and always planned on upgrading...was originally going to wait 6 months or so but ran across a really good deal on a Yamaha FZ6R Decided what the heck and bought it! Really enjoying the bike, definitely much more powerful than my 250. Garage is starting to get a bit full though! Between the 2 bikes I've put on a bit over 600 miles already. Thankfully living in the south makes riding season last most of the year. December, January and February might be a bit cold but you could definitely handle it with the proper gear.
EDIT: Meant FZ6R and not R6, whoops!

Last edited:

Arucardo

Oct 28, 2017
Whelp, put the Speed Triple for sale on Monday and the new owner is coming to pick it up tomorrow. Funny thing is I paid 4000eur for it, put 20 000km on it and sold it for 4200e. Gonna be keeping my eye on the used market for 1000cc superbikes this winter, preferably a K5 or a K6 GSX-R.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Got another bike! Posted on here a few months back about getting a Ninja 250 and finishing the MSF. I really enjoy the 250 and always planned on upgrading...was originally going to wait 6 months or so but ran across a really good deal on a Yamaha YZF-R6. Decided what the heck and bought it!
There is bad news and there is good news.

Bad:

I hope that bike wasn't sold to you as an R6, because it's not. It's a fully faired FZ6. The engine is similar, though detuned and instead of the alu frame and upside down forks you get a steel frame and 'normal' forks + a wider set of bars instead of clipons.

Good:

What you bought is actually much more suited to street riding and is not such a enormous jump in power compared to the 250. I hope the price still makes sense given this information.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
There is bad news and there is good news.

Bad:

I hope that bike wasn't sold to you as an R6, because it's not. It's a fully faired FZ6. The engine is similar, though detuned and instead of the alu frame and upside down forks you get a steel frame and 'normal' forks + a wider set of bars instead of clipons.

Good:

What you bought is actually much more suited to street riding and is not such a enormous jump in power compared to the 250. I hope the price still makes sense given this information.
Oh yes, fully aware it's not an R6, was originally looking at a Ninja 650 but this popped up for 2,800 so I decided to grab it. Still very much in the learning phase so wanted a nice jump in power but nothing tremendous.

EDIT: Whoops meant to put FZ6R and not R6. I see now why you posted that. My bad!

Microsoft

Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
I've made the last payment on the Valkyrie and she's officially mine!

I know that generally a lot of you guys are against financing a "toy", but I wouldn't do it if I couldn't afford it. I mostly do it because it makes more sense (using the money elsewhere) and so that I can build up my credit.

Season isn't quite over for me just yet. I will continue to ride (albeit a lot less) until there's salt on the roads or the temps hit 0c/32f. Fall is a beautiful season to give up riding.

I need to find some universal highway pegs. I could really use them.

Fallout-NL
That "second picture" is amazing. I love it. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Microsoft

Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Sorry, double post

Edit:
Wellp, story time. I remember mentioning my boss was about to get a promotion and he mentioned if he did he was going to buy a motorcycle. Well, last month he took his BRC and got his license. Bought a motorcycle the same day for some $1500. It was some 1300cc Harley cruiser. Rode it for about 2 or 3 weeks. He was having fuel issues that needed to be resolved. He was going for a test drive after some wrenching and said that a dog ran right in front of him. Trying to avoid the dog, he crashed the bike going about 20mph. Issue is that he was only wearing a helmet. Just because it was a short test drive. Got some road rash, brusings, swelling, and limps. Rings true what they say, most crashes happen when you are close to home. I just hope he doesn't get discouraged. Doesn't seem like he is, but the bike needs some fixing.

Anyways, no one will admit it but I was the first person to start riding a bike to the particular place I work at. I'm fairly certain I started the domino effect because after me riding to work, a lot of the clients started bringing in their bikes too!! There's 6 motorcyclists that I counted. I'll try not to take all the credit because the site was under construction still, it just recently went out of construction, so I'm guessing no one really wanted to deal with dirty motorcycles.

Last edited: