• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
A lot of people around me aren't taking it seriously because they think it's a government conspiracy or hoax. This is in New York.

My wife has just had to go into the hospital, and because I have a cough, the paramedics here turned up in full gear (or at least as full protective gear as the NHS has left). People better fucking start taking it seriously

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
It's my belief people won't start taking it seriously until it personally affects them.

You're right. We had the government shut everything down last week, and yet over the weekend everyone was still going out, having parties etc. Even my employer still expects me to go sit in a small enclosed room with colleagues to complete non-emergency work

Deleted member 15497

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I've been for a couple of 20 or so mile rides after work, that will do me for the next week or 2

Edit:missed a load of posts.

Hope the both of you are alright Dougald

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
She was discharged a little while ago, for now... Bless the NHS, but having seen how the strain is already hitting the system my 'don't ride in a pandemic' stance has been unfortunately vindicated, I think

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Sorry to hear dougald, I hope you and your wife have a quick recovery. Hopefully, everyone everywhere in the world starts taking this seriously or it's going to be a very long year.

On another note, CB-F 1000 concept images are released. Hopefully it makes it to production, it looks amazing.

Honda-cb-f-1.jpg

cb-f-concept-2.jpg

B_honda-cb-f-concept-ok.jpg

rocket-garage.blogspot.com

Honda 2020 CB-F Concept

Rocketgarage Magazine, Engine Fuel & Passion since 2007. cafe racer, scrambler, bobber, flat track, motorcycle, lifestyle, endurance, restomod

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Aw, Berks County in PA will be under lockdown as of tonight, along with 19 other PA counties. We can still drive if we are going hiking or such like that.

Maybe Monday afternoon I'll get the urge to ride my Wing to go "hiking" somewhere! :)

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
So, I was driving in NY today during peak hours and it was absolutely amazing. No traffic at all. What normally takes 1hr 30 mins only took 32 minutes. After work and some travel time, I arrived to my home state for the weekend. I'm definitely going to go for a ride because there is also no traffic here at all. Gotta take advantage plus I don't always know when I'll be able to ride next.

Sorry to hear dougald, I hope you and your wife have a quick recovery. Hopefully, everyone everywhere in the world starts taking this seriously or it's going to be a very long year.

On another note, CB-F 1000 concept images are released. Hopefully it makes it to production, it looks amazing.

Honda-cb-f-1.jpg

cb-f-concept-2.jpg

B_honda-cb-f-concept-ok.jpg

rocket-garage.blogspot.com

Honda 2020 CB-F Concept

Rocketgarage Magazine, Engine Fuel & Passion since 2007. cafe racer, scrambler, bobber, flat track, motorcycle, lifestyle, endurance, restomod
Looks gorgeous!

Arucardo

Oct 28, 2017
I got my forks sorted and put everything back together, had a short shakedown ride yesterday and around 250km today. The bike is way more forgiving on low rpms compared to the speed triple and the throttle is waaaay less snatchy.

Above 6k rpms is where it gets interesting tho, lol. Pulls like crazy and lifts the front end at above 150km/h without even going full throttle. The only downside is the seat is like a wooden plank compared to the triumph, my ass Is still sore from the ride.

Can't wait for warmer weather and cleaner roads.

img_20200327_180646_9u2jza.jpg

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Well PA is still locked down so my bike is garaged for now, but I do have a lot of gopro footage to make a few vids from in the meantime.

If anyone wants to see my latest vid, I filmed one about a week before the lockdown talking about social distancing and riding:

Going to spend this quarantine time practicing different video editing techniques and such. I also need to make a short trailer for my Youtube page yet too. This motovlogging thing has been a fun hobby so far!

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
I got my forks sorted and put everything back together, had a short shakedown ride yesterday and around 250km today. The bike is way more forgiving on low rpms compared to the speed triple and the throttle is waaaay less snatchy.

Above 6k rpms is where it gets interesting tho, lol. Pulls like crazy and lifts the front end at above 150km/h without even going full throttle. The only downside is the seat is like a wooden plank compared to the triumph, my ass Is still sore from the ride.

Can't wait for warmer weather and cleaner roads.

img_20200327_180646_9u2jza.jpg

One day I'm gonna own a ZX-10. Might be closer to my retirement but I love the 2011-15 gen.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My ban is up so I'm back and gonna stick to this thread to not have that happen again lol. Went for a ride with the girlfriend and she loved being a passenger, the Bolt was stable and good the whole way.

I had to go to Yamaha because the morning that we were meant to ride my bike wouldn't start and I needed to get a new battery. Still had the original from 2014 so I'm not surprised it wouldn't turn over. When we went my girlfriend was eyeballing a 1994 Virago XV250 they had in the lot and I think she's keen to get one soon haha.

Arucardo

Oct 28, 2017
I don't remember if we've had this discussion in here before and I'm too lazy to check but I've got a question for all of you:

Do you guys do clutchless shifts or always use the clutch on bikes that don't have a quickshifter?

I personally only use the clutch at slow speeds (in towns, traffic, etc) and sometimes between 1st and 2nd gear (not always tho).

Was watching a youtube vlog and I think like 95% of vloggers use the clutch even under hard acceleration on up shifts which is just weird to me (Royal Jordanian is one of the few who does clutchless shifts even without a quickshifter).

I've asked this a few times in person from people that ride and no one seems to do it, most of them actually seem to think you'll damage your gearbox if you do it and even when I explain that a quickshifter doesn't magically engage your clutch for upshifts and just cuts the throttle they're still afraid to try it and argue against it.

I've been doing clutchless shifts since my 50cc days and never had gearbox issues besides the occasional false neutral if you get the timing wrong or use the gear lever too lightly. My ZX-10R shifts like a dream even from 1st to 2nd without using the clutch and I've yet to have a single false neutral.

Deleted member 15497

Oct 27, 2017
Ordered a Pipercross Air Filter because the original one is looking a bit worse for wear.

mpx147-v1-380-380.jpg

Well that was a mistake.
Fitted this and it wouldnt tickover when cold, kept cutting out.
Ran like shit for a few streets, missing and backfiring, then seemed to clear.
Ticked over fine after a 10 mile ride and ran nice during it.

Wasn't happy so took the airbox cover off to have a look, the intake and "inside" the filter was covered in oil.
When it arrived it seemed too oily, so I rang them, but they assured me that's how theyre meant to be.
Took it out, cleaned all the excess oil off the intake, put the old paper type filter in, ran perfectly fine.

Maybe it's because the Firebolt has a full Micron exhaust and the "race" ECU, and has been setup to run with that, but it didnt like that airfilter at all :V

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Hello,

Any suggestions of bikes for a beginner? I was really looking into getting a bike years ago, and then life happened. But now I'm starting to get an itch again.

Arucardo

Oct 28, 2017
Sport bikes are cool and all but if it has clip-on handlebars and a more bent over riding position it's noticeably harder to ride in slow traffic or maneuver around a parking lot. I was kinda surprised at how much trouble I was having adjusting to slow speed (as in walking pace) riding going from the speed triple to the zx-10r.

My current plan is to ride the ninja for a summer or two, sell it and buy either a supermoto or if the prices are down enough on used ones a super naked like the V4 Tuono or a 1290 Super Duke.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on budget too. There are plenty of reasonable 500cc beginner-ish sportsbikes if that's what you'll be tested on. Most people suggest the 250 from a US standpoint because the requirements for getting an unlimited bike license there seem to be that you're a living, breathing adult human.

Just set off my bikes alarm while in the garage. It's pissed at me that I'm not going out due to Quarantine.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone wants to see me riding around some nice scenery and a unique landmark around where I live, I uploaded my 4th motovlog to my channel:

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Hello,

Any suggestions of bikes for a beginner? I was really looking into getting a bike years ago, and then life happened. But now I'm starting to get an itch again.

Depending on budget and preferences and skill level there's a lot of bikes we can suggest, but as a one size fits all suggestion - I'm going with either a Monster 696 or a 796 or maybe the slightly younger 800 model Ducati Scrambler. All reasonably well equiped in terms of frames/brakes/suspension/tires and the power is plentiful (enough) while coming at you predictably and safely.

If you've never bought a (used) bike before, bring someone with you who has. Upon purchase, if you don't do ANYTHING else to the bike, at least take off whatever old/beatenup/driedout/cheap tires are on there and replace them with a fresh set of Bridgestone S22s or Michelin Pilot Road 5s.

If anyone wants to see me riding around some nice scenery and a unique landmark around where I live, I uploaded my 4th motovlog to my channel:

Nice, watching this tomorrow.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Well that was a mistake.
Fitted this and it wouldnt tickover when cold, kept cutting out.
Ran like shit for a few streets, missing and backfiring, then seemed to clear.
Ticked over fine after a 10 mile ride and ran nice during it.

Wasn't happy so took the airbox cover off to have a look, the intake and "inside" the filter was covered in oil.
When it arrived it seemed too oily, so I rang them, but they assured me that's how theyre meant to be.
Took it out, cleaned all the excess oil off the intake, put the old paper type filter in, ran perfectly fine.

Maybe it's because the Firebolt has a full Micron exhaust and the "race" ECU, and has been setup to run with that, but it didnt like that airfilter at all :V

I'd return it and get a KN filter.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I was wondering about that. You guys aren't allowed to ride unless it's for something critical or what's the policy like?

Government advice is not to travel unless you have to for work or to buy essential supplies. The law passed is less stringent than this but your mileage varies with how jobsworthy the police are in your area. Still plenty of bikes on the road but I choose not to use mine at this time

I'm technically a 'key worker' so I can still leave the house anyway, which is a bit of a mixed blessing.

Deleted member 15497

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still working as I'm a key worker in the Oil and Gas industry, so if I'm not commuting on it I could just say I'm getting petrol for work 20 miles from my house :V

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Considering the number of cyclists I see meeting up to run their own pelotons during the quarantine, I don't think motorcycling can be that bad for coronavirus spread.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
I am not discounting a small amount of jealousy when it comes to some of the criticism that has been leveled at motorcyclists over the last few weeks, yeah.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
I did a thing...
Bought a 2014 Honda Grom. Only mods are tail tidy and fmf full exhaust. It needs some love. What are some things I should just do? Other than washing it, the oil change and I'm putting on a new chain on it.
(Sellers pic but it's already in my possession)
KftlaM2.png