• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gritesh

Oct 25, 2017
I hope a few fellow riders made it over to the new community.

I really enjoyed seeing all the pics of bikes from everyone.

Hope to carry that over here.

z3gpL

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gritesh

Gritesh

Oct 25, 2017
The old one was more motorbike orientated.

I'm not sure if there was a cycling community for "real" riders haha bit feel free to put one together

OP
OP
Gritesh

Gritesh

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp.

Put the bike away for the winter today.

Minus 2 Celsius is enough for me.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
The 2-Wheel Discord is just too cool and exclusive for any Resetera staff to know about, so we didn't get early invites

A front page without pictures is shameful, here are some snaps of my Monster 1200

img_0009mxkhv.jpg

img_17877ykg1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gritesh

Gritesh

Oct 25, 2017
I had a Monster 1100 Evo.

Sold it two years ago for the KTM Superduke 1290 but I still really miss my monster.

Edit: I cant seem to figure out how to post images here.

z3gpL

Last edited:

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Images should be pretty much the same process as other forums, just rehost somewhere and either tag the URL or click the landscape picture icon and give it the URL in the form, that's how I posted mine up anyway

Ocho

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a video of last weekend's first moto trip. Pretty cool experience.

Anyone good with Youtube uploads? I don't get why quality seems to be so low, there's a lot of artifacts. Content was recorded at 1080p 60fps, will switch up to a higher resolution for next videos hopefully to fix this, maybe?

Bonus picture:

22708988_148650845748850_5090375417945128960_n.jpg

Last edited:

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey dudes, good to see we're in a new home.
Maybe for the subtitle, motorcycle should be added?
People might not know when searching. :P

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... could keep the original and have a different subtitle:

Two wheel-era |OT| Motorcycle or whatever is decided...
or
Motorcycle Era |OT| Two Wheels are better than four
MotoEra
Etc...

Probably something easier to search for, unless we wanna keep it as is... ;P

OP
OP
Gritesh

Gritesh

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry guys I went with what I could think of at the time.

The automotive guys started theirs and it's tag line is "four are better than two" so now I think we should keep the tagline and maybe just change the thread name to motoera or something like that?

I put a request in for a name change.

Also everytime I try to click the landscape button and put the url in for a picture it always just comes up with
z3gpL

I can't figure it out.

Last edited:

potato

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The 2-Wheel Discord is just too cool and exclusive for any Resetera staff to know about, so we didn't get early invites

A front page without pictures is shameful, here are some snaps of my Monster 1200

Beautiful bike seriously. What do you love most about the Monster? What did you have before? How does it compare?

Seems the Monster is beloved, and I wonder why you think it is.

Love the naked look and the more comfortable riding position over a super sport.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry guys I went with what I could think of at the time.

The automotive guys started theirs and it's tag line is "four are better than two" so now I think we should keep the tagline and maybe just change the thread name to motoera or something like that?

I think the name change is good overall. I liked our old exclusivity but I think the last thread was so exclusive a lot of people didn't even realise there was a motorcycle/scooter community

Also everytime I try to click the landscape button and put the url in for a picture it always just comes up with
I can't figure it out.

EDIT: I just saw this thread, looks like imgur links aren't working currently, I'm assuming that's what you were using. I'm using abload for mine

Beautiful bike seriously. What do you love most about the Monster? What did you have before? How does it compare?

Seems the Monster is beloved, and I wonder why you think it is.

Love the naked look and the more comfortable riding position over a super sport.

Thanks! Before I had a Street Triple 675 (and before that a Fazer 600, ST1100 and Bonneville 800). Apart from in raw displacement and horsepower, the Triumph was possibly the better bike on paper, but it never really clicked with me for some reason. When the alternator failed in 2016 I ended up using that as an excuse to pick up the Ducati instead.

2014-10-0217.50.47seuho.jpg

I've always preferred Naked bikes for road riding as they're just much more fun to ride at legal speeds, and the riding position makes it easier to pass through stopped traffic which is a must in the UK.

As for why I love the Ducati, more than looks, sound and power (all of which is has in abundance), it just gives me the biggest grin in the world whenever I'm riding it, and that's why I ride a bike in the first place. It's perfect for regular street riding, though I took it to Belgium and back in the summer and it handled that like a champ too. Maintenance costs are not cheap, but it doesn't cost me any more than any of my Triumphs or my wifes BMW 1150. Japanese bikes are always going to be better than the Euros on that front.

I do think if you own a Ducati you have to be willing to accept some weird quirky design choices that were made because they looked cool when they were designing it, not because they were practical. The switchgear is a prime example of this - looks great, but no tactile feedback for the rider.

Last edited:

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really liked that triple dougald... :P

Don't have any new pics of my FZ07.
Though I'll probably alter it cosmetically over the winter.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I ride a Suzuki GS500F, it was my first bike some 6 or 7 years ago. I still love it.

It's perfect just for cruising around on to nowhere in particular on lazy summer days.

I sometimes crave something with a bit more punch, but I mostly don't care. I'm not power crazy. It's therapeutic just being out there on the open road, regardless of what you're sitting on, I feel.

Plus I'm poor and the riding season is not that long here, so it's hard to justify.

blackprophesy

Oct 28, 2017
I'm thinking about trading the BMW when it hits 3 years old (next summer). Either a GS, new Tiger 1200 (looking forward to EICMA for that reveal), or even the Multistrada.

The RS is great, but it's not as comfortable on long rides as I originally expected.

blackprophesy

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's just slightly more on the wrists. If the bars were up and back an inch or so it'd probably be great. I'm short at 5'7" so don't have the reach.

I did look at getting some risers so might invest in some shortly.

rocket

Oct 27, 2017
Half the wheels; Twice the fun.

This is relevant to my interest. Currently eyeing the new Ninja 400, may be I will sell one of my older bikes for it.

2016_LRRS_Round-4-racinguislife.jpg

KodiakOak

Oct 27, 2017
Hi all, glad to be back in the 2 Wheel thread, though I'm going to try to be less of a lurker this time.

Here's me on my Blackbird (that I'm actually thinking of swapping) at the TT this year.

sTLpY

Last edited:

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
How's it going? Finally got approved.

More pictures of bikes on the first page is a good idea! I recently took a nice little one day long trip. Total of 488 miles and I was out there for 12 hours. The most I've done so far.

Managed to get some great pictures, I think. Here are a few of my favorite.

blueridgepkwypics118bsto.jpg

blueridgepkwypics8cls52.jpg

blueridgepkwypics15ssy4.jpg

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Looking good, you weren't kidding about that new username. That spare fuel bottle does look cool there

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Went to hit up the Y early today to lift and it was of course closed so rode up along the coast to burn some time. Overcast but not too cold, 60F due to some rain/humidity incoming.

IMG_6606.png

Bonus seagull and greater yellowlegs pic:

IMG_6609.png

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Posting F1 drivers is probably cheating. Hamilton and Vettel have good taste but for very different reasons

hamilton-motorrad-bur31u6j.jpg

chzmalluyaaszs5xsujh.jpg

I know Tom Hardy passed his test this year too

83ae917bf41c610ebb446zsuqe.jpg

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
First post on the new forum. Here's my bike, it's alright.

zrx_sunset_by_watevaman-db1r4nl.jpg

If anyone sees me in real life and I'm with any females, plz don't mention that I post on an online forum.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017

Watched that yesterday thinking I should document/video the next time I'm buying a bike. Just makes for such good content. Infinitely more fun than watching those insanely expensive track bike videos if you ask me.

Nice to see you made it Stevey. That's one Buell owner down...

Yep, here's the other one. Hey everyone! Sup?

img_8461mfk7i.jpg

Last edited:

Ocho

Oct 25, 2017
Ohhhh, consider me interested. F800GS is a machine I want to test ride (or their newer counterparts).

blackprophesy

Oct 28, 2017
Fallout made it! Nice!

Just got my Sena 20S and I installed it fine. Impressed with the sound quality. Now, if only I had a way to get those speakers to stay in place...
I'm holding out to replace my Schuberth S2. I want an S3 with their new built in Sena system (I'm only guessing they'll release one at some point). Otherwise it'll be the C4 but be a modular it's heavier and more expensive.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait to see this new Triumph Tiger

Just got my Sena 20S and I installed it fine. Impressed with the sound quality. Now, if only I had a way to get those speakers to stay in place...

Velcro ought to do it. Or invest in a helmet with inserts for the speakers, which is the most comfortable option.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
I'm holding out to replace my Schuberth S2. I want an S3 with their new built in Sena system (I'm only guessing they'll release one at some point). Otherwise it'll be the C4 but be a modular it's heavier and more expensive.
I might take this route when it is time to replace the helmet.
I can't wait to see this new Triumph Tiger

Velcro ought to do it. Or invest in a helmet with inserts for the speakers, which is the most comfortable option.
I did a little modifying just now. I got the speakers inside the padding, the one with the quick release. These Sena's would have been 100% useful this last Thursday!!

Edit: Latest firmware is installing. Can't wait to try them out in the near future.

Last edited: