• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
No and in fact it may take that crown this year. It's always been the cheapest, I just tended to think the Versys was worth the extra few hundred quid

I'd probably actually buy the Suzuki if it was between the two, but that's only because Suzuki UK are so desperate for sales they're always offering 0% finance and a ton of free accessories!
I saw 0% financing from Suzuki here in the states as well. It was a little while ago though.

Ocho

Oct 25, 2017
Love how the new S1000RR looks!

2019-bmw-s1000rr-debut-eicma-india-3.jpg

I'm already looking into the big touring adv bikes. I want one next year. I still think the 1250 GSA is the bike to go, but the price is holding me back. I could buy a really cool set up Super10 for less. I wasn't a big fan of the new 850 GS but the 850 GSA I actually like, so I might consider some "middleweight" options. Africa Twin is too offroad oriented. I have some issues with the Tigers (leaked redesign might be worth to take a look).

KTM's 790 ADV R is actually really cool, but I'm leaning more towards a touring machine now that I'm in Texas and everything is so boring around here and need to ride a while to get to the fun part.

I'm looking into attending a adventure rider training camp where they loan 1200GSAs next year. That sounds fun.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373

I'm already looking into the big touring adv bikes. I want one next year. I still think the 1250 GSA is the bike to go, but the price is holding me back. I could buy a really cool set up Super10 for less. I wasn't a big fan of the new 850 GS but the 850 GSA I actually like, so I might consider some "middleweight" options. Africa Twin is too offroad oriented. I have some issues with the Tigers (leaked redesign might be worth to take a look).

KTM's 790 ADV R is actually really cool, but I'm leaning more towards a touring machine now that I'm in Texas and everything is so boring around here and need to ride a while to get to the fun part.

I'm looking into attending a adventure rider training camp where they loan 1200GSAs next year. That sounds fun.
Not sure when it is coming out but the Super Tenere Raid Edition is touring ready. Also, my opinion but if youre going to get one of the big bikes, you should keep the versys 300. Just to get around town. You wouldn't want to always take out the big heavy bike for a quick run.

I like the look of the new SR1000RR. I'll "miss" the iconic look of the older one though. If I remember correctly, the new one has more power and about 15 pounds lighter.

Motorcycle manufacturers be crazy. They need to crazy it up on the dualsport department though.

Ocho

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure when it is coming out but the Super Tenere Raid Edition is touring ready. Also, my opinion but if youre going to get one of the big bikes, you should keep the versys 300. Just to get around town. You wouldn't want to always take out the big heavy bike for a quick run.

I like the look of the new SR1000RR. I'll "miss" the iconic look of the older one though. If I remember correctly, the new one has more power and about 15 pounds lighter.

Motorcycle manufacturers be crazy. They need to crazy it up on the dualsport department though.

For sure keeping the little Versys. It will probably be my go to for offroad until I can feel confident with a big bike.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crashed out on my cmx500 today.

Someone pulled out in front of me and another car on a roundabout and my brakes locked up and I crashed into the other car. Person who pulled out slowed down then sped off. Tanks dented, handbar bent, exhaust tip is scraped, it's leaking something blue (hopefully coolant out of the overflow) and the starter is sticking, but the crash bars took the brunt of it.

Need to go collect the bike with the trailer later, see how much this crash is going to cost me in insurance excess and repairs. Fuck me.

Last edited:

Moogrose

Oct 27, 2017

Someone pulled out in front of my and another car on a roundabout and my brakes locked up and I crashed into the other car. Person who pulled out slowed down then sped off. Tanks dented, handbar bent, exhaust tip is scraped, it's leaking something blue (hopefully coolant out of the overflow) and the starter is sticking, but the crash bars took the brunt of it.

Need to go collect the bike with the trailer later, see how much this crash is going to cost me in insurance excess and repairs. Fuck me.

That's shit and a tough break, sorry to hear it. At least you're ok. I had my first major fall when a car pulled out suddenly and I ramped the curb when trying to avoid the car.

Hope you back up and riding soon

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's shit and a tough break, sorry to hear it. At least you're ok. I had my first major fall when a car pulled out suddenly and I ramped the curb when trying to avoid the car.

Hope you back up and riding soon

I wedged some cardboard into the starter switch and rode it home. Bent the handlebar back into line, gonna have to assess everything else later. Thank fuck for those h2c crash bars, saved my clutch and more. Gonna be $800 to fix her car through insurance though, that stings.

2-CCFD957-86-FE-4-CA5-B4-C4-6638-D833-AA05.jpg

The damage to the tank was from the handlebar bending and smashing the starter switch cluster into the tank, which was what damaged the switch.

Both unlucky and lucky today. Could've been worse and my only real injury is to my ego. Probably better to have happened in a low speed accident like this, I'll have to reassess how closely I'm following others and observe my surroundings better in the future.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
The Honda Grom was sent to Mexico to family. But we have already replaced it and the new bike will be here Wednesday. Upon purchasing, they found the rear brake light to always be on during the pre delivery inspection. So... they need to fix that. It's literally new and had just come out of the box. I hope they fix it to 100%. Electrical issues are a bitch and I am worried out here. Please send positive thoughts my way. I'm bummed because I was going to ride it back from the dealership where we bought it from. Lots of miles of pure fun twisty roads. The dealership was 130 miles away. To clarify, this ain't my bike, it's what my cousin upgraded to. You bet most of the miles on this pupper will be put on by me. My cousin rides motorcycles as toys, more so on clear warm days.

2NXn8Tlr.jpg

Looks like the new Can Am Ryker is coming out soon. Honesty, I totally dig it! It's also not all that expensive. Two version, 600cc around 8.5k USD and the 900cc around 10.5k USD. This is all I would need if I lived in a state where it is warm year round and rarely rained.

TjOjszer.jpg

It's supposed to be highly customizable. I really want to get my M3 class license. In my case it would be M because I already have M2 endorsement (both M2 + M3 = M endorsement).

I also want to give a shout out to this beast here. Looks straight out of the 80s? 90s?
I'm not sure anything about this bike but it's the first time I seen one at a dealership.
SoPHScS.jpg

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luckily the kill switch cluster from Honda was only $65. Gotta love cheap plug'n'play parts. After that, I just need the bike checked over and the tank fixed, then a few touch ups on the exhaust and crash bars.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany

I really like to see how you advance. :)

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany

Someone pulled out in front of me and another car on a roundabout and my brakes locked up and I crashed into the other car. Person who pulled out slowed down then sped off. Tanks dented, handbar bent, exhaust tip is scraped, it's leaking something blue (hopefully coolant out of the overflow) and the starter is sticking, but the crash bars took the brunt of it.

Good that you are ok.

Doesn't the bike has ABS?

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good that you are ok.

Doesn't the bike has ABS?

I was in a deep (for that bike, anyway) turn on a small roundabout and so I instinctively didn't use my front brake for fear of dropping the bike, not that it helped me. Maybe the rear brakes didn't lock, but the bike definitely felt like it slid a little more than I expected.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, it's fairly useless if you mean to actually stop. And if you stomp on it, it's almost guaranteed to lock up the rear wheel.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I know that now haha. Really, none of this would've been an issue if I wasn't following too close like a dickhead. Gonna have to be more aware in the future.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fantastic. Wish the tank was bigger, it's only 11L or so, but I can't really fault it in any other way. I installed a gear indicator into the side and an accessory socket for charging my phone on longer rides. Also swapped out the seat for a more comfortable one.

A lot of people compliment it and it seems to be quite the head turner. It's a great bike.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
We were supposed to have been delivered the SV650 today but that's not happening. They ordered an entire new wiring harness and now depending on how long it will take to deliver that to the dealership + install. Bummer.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Bad news. I got the bike Saturday and I decided to take it out for a spin today after work, around 9pm. Check engine light came on. Bike died. Only 15 miles on it put by me. I had to walk it a mile home. I'm just glad I wasn't further out. I don't know where to go from here, but I'll have to call them tomorrow. First thing I did was make sure it had oil, it does. Good think it has warranty :)

I just hope it doesn't have to go all the way out to West VA... Hoping it is possible for a local Suzuki dealer to help out.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That fucking sucks Microsoft hope you can get it sorted out man. Having the warranty is a bonus though, was it used through a dealer?

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Do they have lemon laws in your state?
Had to look it up, yes we do. Probably would not have crossed my mind had you not mentioned it.

That fucking sucks Microsoft hope you can get it sorted out man. Having the warranty is a bonus though, was it used through a dealer?
New bike. It sucks but I'm reasonable. Stuff happens, I'll become unreasonable if they don't attempt to fix the issue. It really sucks though because I have 3 days off this week and my cousin and I were going to put some miles on the bikes...

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
It really sucks though because I have 3 days off this week and my cousin and I were going to put some miles on the bikes...

I would tell them that and maybe suggest that they make something available to compensate for your trouble.

Had to look it up, yes we do. Probably would not have crossed my mind had you not mentioned it.

If that's a new bike you guys purchased and they're already replacing the damn wiring harness, I would very much be considering that option right now.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
I would tell them that and maybe suggest that they make something available to compensate for your trouble.

If that's a new bike you guys purchased and they're already replacing the damn wiring harness, I would very much be considering that option right now.
Well, the wiring harness was already replaced. I'm not sure what the issue is now or why the bike died on me. I'm not sure the two are the same issue. I'll get more info when I call them as soon as they open. I might have to request a temp bike actually.

The only problem I can see is that the dealership is in another state, about 130 miles away.

Oct 29, 2017
They're going to take care of me but no temporary motorcycle unfortunately. This ruins the holiday plans. I'm just going to have to spend time... with the family. /s

What does the wrench crew look like at your dealer? Ive been to many where it appears that the entire garage is composed of kids who just got out of UTI and getting any kind of advanced work done is a non starter. I wouldnt trust them installing a complete harness correctly is what Im trying to say.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
What does the wrench crew look like at your dealer? Ive been to many where it appears that the entire garage is composed of kids who just got out of UTI and getting any kind of advanced work done is a non starter. I wouldnt trust them installing a complete harness correctly is what Im trying to say.
Not sure actually. I don't know what the alternative would be. So, when the bike was bought, the brake light was always on. It was kept at the dealership for a week and appears to have been fixed. They said they ordered a new harness and replaced it. What I encountered yesterday, the bike died on me. I'm not so certain it is related to the brake light/harness thing though. What happened yesterday, gas throttle was janky. Bike just died, best I can describe is like when a bike is running out of gas. I had filled it up, so that's not the case.

It's not possible it's the same issue is it? One seems electrical, the other seems mechanical? The motorcycle had literally just come out of the box. Brand spanking new, could just be factory defect. If that's the case... They're going to have to replace it. Check engine light is on, it just gives an "FI" code. That could be anything though.

Edit: FI not F1

Last edited:

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
It is extremely likely those issues are related.

This is precisely what I was getting at.

(And why I, if it was my money, I would be looking hard at the lemon law option.)
Yup, I looked into it a little bit. Lemon Law is good for 18 months and the vehicle has to be serviced 3 times before trying to attemp to use the law. So at least I'm going through the right channels if I ever have to use it. You guys think I should contact another dealer or something? It won't be free though.

Edit: https://www.dmv.org/va-virginia/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

Last edited:

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
No, just make sure you document everything carefully. If you start involving other dealers or try fixing it yourself, they can start pointing fingers (even though it's obviously their fault).

It's in the shop for the third time now, right? If you get it back, make sure you take that bike for a very long drive. If it throws even a tiny CEL, return it, cause they're not likely to get it fixed.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
No, just make sure you document everything carefully. If you start involving other dealers or try fixing it yourself, they can start pointing fingers (even though it's obviously their fault).

It's in the shop for the third time now, right? If you get it back, make sure you take that bike for a very long drive. If it throws even a tiny CEL, return it, cause they're not likely to get it fixed.
Yeah, I suppose the best thing to do is let this play out. They're going to come pick it up Wednesday. This would be the second time in the shop.

Ocho

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks what you're going through. My bike had the brake light permanently on but it was because I adjusted the brake lever and forgot to adjust the brake light switch. Can't help but wonder if it was a non issue like mine, originally.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Off to the bike show tomorrow. Anything I should keep my eye out for?

...other than the MV Superveloce of course.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Pictures and tales of beautiful KTMs that I will never buy for lack of dealer support locally.

(I spent some time last weekend hauling 1500lbs of metal out of the woods and was desperately pining for an ATV of all things.)

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
It's taken 7 years but I'm finally completely over retro bikes. Give me something interesting please.

Versys 1000 is cool, I love the front. If you put a gun to my head for a new bike I think I'd actually go SuperDuke GT now you know. Or BMW RS.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
I would have said Superduke GT too, but since spending more time on the Ulysses and the since sold GS, I have become something of a believer in tall(er) suspension. I'm not sure whether I would feel the SuperdukeGT would be comfortable enough.

It certainly looks better than the Adventure bikes though.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just a short bastard so that factors in! I could ride a GS or similar but that extra comfort factor of being able to get one foot flat on the ground is helpful, especially with luggage.

Oddly what I'd quite fancy is a sport tourer, but they seem to be out of fashion these days.

The wife claimed every bike she tried was too small and shes sticking with her 1150. Apart from the K1200 bagger which she'd have in a heartbeat if we could afford it.

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
I'm just a short bastard so that factors in! I could ride a GS or similar but that extra comfort factor of being able to get one foot flat on the ground is helpful, especially with luggage.

Oddly what I'd quite fancy is a sport tourer, but they seem to be out of fashion these days.

In terms of sports touring, I think that SD-GT is about as good as it's gonna get. Though it might lean a little more towards the sporty side of that denomination.

Apart from the K1200 bagger which she'd have in a heartbeat if we could afford it.

the K1600 bagger you mean? That thing looks kinda cool actually.