• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Some people on this forum are fucking arseholes. I did post in that thread but I'll say again, I have been in an incredibly similar situation and all I can say is I'm so, so sorry.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Some people on this forum are fucking arseholes. I did post in that thread but I'll say again, I have been in an incredibly similar situation and all I can say is I'm so, so sorry.
Thanks. I'm feeling better now. I was too emotional yesterday and honestly, I can't remember the last time I felt like that. I posted like -- 30 mins after it happened. Anyway, those other people don't really bother me. It's all good. I did see your post as well, sorry about that, I definitely know how it feels.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Okay, so cousin tried to start the SV650 but nothing came on at all. It's a bit late now to try and fix. So I'll tackle it tomorrow. Anyway, what do I do to diagnose? I'm thinking it is the battery? Like I said, key on, there's no dashboard or lights at all. We tried to push start, no luck.

Oct 25, 2017
México
Okay, so cousin tried to start the SV650 but nothing came on at all. It's a bit late now to try and fix. So I'll tackle it tomorrow. Anyway, what do I do to diagnose? I'm thinking it is the battery? Like I said, key on, there's no dashboard or lights at all. We tried to push start, no luck.
Well, if there is no lights at all, the first thing you need to check is the battery, like you said. Try that first... that would be the best case scenario.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Short look at Harley's upcoming adventure bike, the Pan America, coming out next year. The vid is by Matt Laidlaw taken at today's Harley dealer show, timestamp 21:20:

Still not sure if it looks good or not, LOL.

Zojirushi

Oct 26, 2017
About to switch out the front light bulbs of my bike. Totally expecting to fuck this up and end the season that way lol

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of my Harley friends keep asking me if I miss the sound of riding a Harley now that I've switched to a Honda Goldwing. From now on I'll just send them this video to let them know how my Wing sounds!

Man I love the sound of my bike!

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
The video makes me wanna whip out my bird shit covered bike. Lol. Sad to report it's been a month or so since I've ridden. I've just been busy at work. Needs a good cleaning and maybe getting the right tire pressure.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
That wing has a more satisfying sound than my RS, that's for sure. I think it sounds great, there's more to sound than pure bass

I'm still riding to work most days, 30 minutes of country roads each way is bliss. Probably have another month at best before it gets too dark/cold and I retreat to four wheels.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
Project "there never was a crash" is moving on.
I hope it will not get too complicated. I only know that I have to let the coolant out first.
mobile.15rnjfj.jpeg

i will also wait for the new barends before I start to change the parts.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Traffic in my area is getting ridiculous. There's traffic pileups anytime. Sunday-Sunday. Ugh... It's going to get so much worse when the new Amazon HQ comes.

People need to stop buying cars

Fallout-NL

Oct 30, 2017
That must feel good.

Friend of mine had a spill, on his brand new bike, when we were in Germany a few weekends ago. Painful to watch. Quite a lot of damage for what was a fairly gentle slide.

Ocho

Oct 25, 2017
I slid my GSA two months in, twice on the same trip. Be careful going over slick water concrete water crossings lol.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
The engine case alone was €200, Every bar end weight was €30. But It feels good to see those scratches disappear.

I hope to find the time to change the case next weekend. I just need to find out what coolant the machine uses.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
Hey everyone! New rider here. Always wanted to ride...just thought it looked so exhilarating...and fun! Anyway, took the MSF course and passed a couple of weeks ago and then passed the state test last week so I was able to get my endorsement. One of my main motivations for wanting to ride was the gas savings. Suffice to say I didn't expect riding to be THIS much fun and in the 4 days I've rode I already put another 120 miles on the bike! I picked up a used 2009 Ninja 250R so it gets around 60ish MPG and costs less than 10 dollars to fill up which makes it really hard not to just explore. Looking forward to all the miles I'll put on this bike and the eventual next bike I definitely will be purchasing in the future!

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
Lovely little 250, theres a reason they're so popular with beginners in the US. Nice to see you got the correct colour too!

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Hey everyone! New rider here. Always wanted to ride...just thought it looked so exhilarating...and fun! Anyway, took the MSF course and passed a couple of weeks ago and then passed the state test last week so I was able to get my endorsement. One of my main motivations for wanting to ride was the gas savings. Suffice to say I didn't expect riding to be THIS much fun and in the 4 days I've rode I already put another 120 miles on the bike! I picked up a used 2009 Ninja 250R so it gets around 60ish MPG and costs less than 10 dollars to fill up which makes it really hard not to just explore. Looking forward to all the miles I'll put on this bike and the eventual next bike I definitely will be purchasing in the future!
Nice! And welcome!

Ocho

Oct 25, 2017
Even with the Texan heat I've commuted to work for the past month now. Prefer to sweat and ride every day than wait until the weekend to ride it out. I ride to the train station, about 18 miles one way. I believe I'll continue like this for the foreseeable future (unless we reach freezing temps, then I'll just take the car).

Watevaman

Oct 30, 2017
Haven't ridden the ZRX since the beginning of June when the radiator sprang a leak. Laziness and a general apathy towards life meant it's been sitting since then.

However, the radiator has now been sent off for repair and I am using the warm weekends still left to finally get around to the upgrades I've been desiring for so long. Airbox and stock steel/rusty exhaust are gone, to be replaced by pod air filters and a stainless system from Black Widow in the UK. I hope to get around to swapping the cams to those from the ZX11 this weekend. Carbs are currently being deep cleaned and rejetted by a ZRXOA member and should be back next week. Looking forward to riding this fall if everything goes well. Will be just in time for our southern hemisphere members to share the joy.

Dougald

Oct 27, 2017
It was pretty cold this morning. Getting towards that time of year where I give up riding (commuting at least) I think, though I'll carry on riding at least 50% of the time until it gets to the point where it's dark in the morning and in the evening. No fun and not safe.

I'm fed up of getting changed in the office so next spring I'm definitely going to buy a pair of riding chinos.

Haven't ridden the ZRX since the beginning of June when the radiator sprang a leak. Laziness and a general apathy towards life meant it's been sitting since then.

However, the radiator has now been sent off for repair and I am using the warm weekends still left to finally get around to the upgrades I've been desiring for so long. Airbox and stock steel/rusty exhaust are gone, to be replaced by pod air filters and a stainless system from Black Widow in the UK. I hope to get around to swapping the cams to those from the ZX11 this weekend. Carbs are currently being deep cleaned and rejetted by a ZRXOA member and should be back next week. Looking forward to riding this fall if everything goes well. Will be just in time for our southern hemisphere members to share the joy.

Nice, hope to see some pics soon!

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
It was pretty cold this morning. Getting towards that time of year where I give up riding (commuting at least) I think, though I'll carry on riding at least 50% of the time until it gets to the point where it's dark in the morning and in the evening. No fun and not safe.

I'm fed up of getting changed in the office so next spring I'm definitely going to buy a pair of riding chinos.

Nice, hope to see some pics soon!
when you find some good one, please post and report.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Yeah, I haven't been riding much either. Idk how long it's been. Maybe going on 2 months now. My motorcycle just sits. Needs to be washed and tire pressure checked. But will be good after that.

Looking to get a ride on this weekend.

We just got around to getting a new battery for the SV650 today. She lives.

My Valk is a 2014, idk how long the dealership had it for, but I purchased it in 2018. When it comes time for the first service, do you all recommend I change all the fluids as well, since I really don't know how long they've been in there?

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I haven't been riding much either. Idk how long it's been. Maybe going on 2 months now.

I've actually been riding a lot lately. Everyday to work, even the rainy days, and taking the long way home almost every night. I've done a few day trips too over the past few weekends.

I've had the Goldwing for almost one year now and I'll be turning 10K miles today if I take the long way home. Best motorcycle I've ever owned, no question at all. I'm replacing my rear tire next week, already bought it and the dealer will put it on the rim for me for $21 balanced (the tire cost me $170). Putting a back tire on the Wing costs less than HALF of what doing a new back tire on '16 Road Glide was. This Honda saves me money left and right compared to riding a Harley, lol.

It's gonna be a nice weekend, I think I'll ride up to New York on Sunday and play around the Catskill Mountains for a day!

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Sadly with the start of ballet again that means I'm on pickup duty, and less opportunities to commute. Only another year before she can drive herself...

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
Sadly with the start of ballet again that means I'm on pickup duty, and less opportunities to commute. Only another year before she can drive herself...
Can't she use a bicycle? Or is everything too far away from another? We here in Germany have a phenomenon called "helicopterpatents" they drive their children EVERYWHERE, even to school. But you have to keep in mind that Germany is a very dense country. There are not many reaction if any where a teenager needs it's parents to get from a to b.

Last edited:

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
Can't she use a bicycle? Or is everything too far away from another? We here in Germany have a phenomenon called "helicopterpatents" they drive their children EVERYWHERE, even to school. But you have to keep in mind that Germany is a very dense country. There are not many reaction if any where a teenager needs it's parents to get from a to b.
It's about six miles of fairly hilly terrain, but more importantly, we get ~2m of snow here over six months of the year :P.

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
6 miles or around 10km was my daily bicycle commute to school. Including hills etc. but the snow argument is very intriguing.

Which state do you live?

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
5 years? I'd change all the fluids, unless you have a service history for them
No service records. I hope the dealership at least changed the fluids at one point...
I've actually been riding a lot lately. Everyday to work, even the rainy days, and taking the long way home almost every night. I've done a few day trips too over the past few weekends.

I've had the Goldwing for almost one year now and I'll be turning 10K miles today if I take the long way home. Best motorcycle I've ever owned, no question at all. I'm replacing my rear tire next week, already bought it and the dealer will put it on the rim for me for $21 balanced (the tire cost me $170). Putting a back tire on the Wing costs less than HALF of what doing a new back tire on '16 Road Glide was. This Honda saves me money left and right compared to riding a Harley, lol.

It's gonna be a nice weekend, I think I'll ride up to New York on Sunday and play around the Catskill Mountains for a day!
Almost a year already huh? Time sure does fly. Jeez

6 miles or around 10km was my daily bicycle commute to school. Including hills etc. but the snow argument is very intriguing.

Which state do you live?
He's in Maine iirc.

Briareos

Oct 28, 2017
Maine
How do you get around in that? I have to assume you've got 4x4 capabilities out there.
Wife has a Tacoma and I have an AWD Lexus, used to have a WRX. Although if the roads are bad you just stay in. Maine is pretty good at clearing them, only a problem a few times each winter.

Does mean I don't ride 5 months out of the year, at least, which is unfortunate. On the other hand it rarely gets above ~85F, which is nice.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Took the Valk for a ride yesterday, 10/10.
Today I decided to o take the sv650 out. Unfortunately, it died on me and I'm not sure why. Any ideas why? I just noticed that it was idling bad. RPMs were dropping at a stop until it died and couldn't turn it on. Anyway, going to have to contact the dealership.

Edit: not sure why this bike has been giving me issues. Might just be some fuel/air issue, is my guess, but idk.

Last edited:

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373
Man, you can always count on Latinos to lend a hand. Me and my cousin were going to put the bike on my truck but a random Salvadorian offered help. He and I both put it in the bed. I even tried to give him some beer money but said no.

Edit: kinda reminded me of this situation, link

Last edited:

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
10,000 miles in less than one year:

lkIFXoC.jpg

After this weekend it's actually at about 10,120 already. Got a new rear tire put on yesterday and now its going to rain for the next two days, figures!