• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mcfizzle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It's been an excellent race so far. The Porsches are looking strong so far. As much as i want GPX to get 2 Int. GT wins it told be awesome to see Frikadelli win on a big stage.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
The co-habitation between LMH and LMP2 classes was an outstanding question I had going into the new regulations.

They cant exactly have LMP2 cars faster than LMH..

OP
OP
bobnowhere

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
The co-habitation between LMH and LMP2 classes was an outstanding question I had going into the new regulations.

They cant exactly have LMP2 cars faster than LMH..

They went from 3.20 to 3.25 to 3.30 lap time estimates at Le Mans, they would have been smoked by current LMP2 at those speeds.

Or possibly...

cardboard-car-customizing-pimping-max-siedentopf-netherlands-3.jpg

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This weekend of WTCR was simply unbelieveable. If you want to go in fresh and you don't know who won the various races, I seriously suggest finding the full races. Motorsport.tv has them if you're not geoblocked, otherwise the usual venues will definitely have the full races. I'll spoiler tag what happened for those who want to jump straight into that:

Michelisz and Guerrieri, Hungary vs Argentina. Neither driver ever won a title in WTCC or WTCR before (and Michelisz went very close moree than once in the past), and indeed everything looked good for Michelisz. A decent points lead, a pole position for race 1 and 3 - he really just needed to avoid fuck-ups throughout the weekends and even if he ended up 2nd/3rd from his pole positions, nothing bad was gonna happen. But this is Malaysia, and with all 3 races on the same day, it meant rain, rain, rain. Race 1 went smoothly enough, despite that: Michelisz walked home with a relatively easy win, with Guerrieri who had to catch up from the back of the field. Got away with good points, but the title went even closer towards Michelisz. Still, race 2 was looking like a feast: Michelisz 10th on the grid, Guerrieri 9th. Guerrieri needed a massive comeback and hope that Michelisz doesn't deliver to truly reopen the title. And well, chaos happened.

maxresdefault.jpg

In yet another wet start, mayhem ensued. Guerrieri had one of the best starts I've ever seen in the motorsport, gaining 2nd place before the end of sector 2 and the lead shortly after. 8 cars overtaken in like a minute and a half. If this title was requiring the drives of his life, he sure was delivering. Over at the Michelisz camp, however, things were falling apart. An abysmal start brought him down to 15th, then 17th in the span of a dozen turns, and at the hairpin he also overshot it and went into the wet grass with many other drivers. Catsburg also rammed into Muller, the former's car went on a dramatic fire. Michelisz rejoined in 28th as the race got red flagged because of the fire. This was followed by a long stoppage during which the regulations were in serious doubt: what was gonna happen? Lap 1 was not completed yet, so it's possible they restart from the order on the grid. That would fuck over Guerrieri who gained 8 places, it would save Michelisz as well whose abysmal start was no more. In the end, in a move that is seldom seen in racing, they restored the order as they were running at the end of sector 2, the last completed sector. Here Guerrieri was 2nd, Michelisz 17th. A decent middle ground that would give both enough material to work on, and indeed after mighty scraps Michelisz came up to 7th while Guerrieri won. 10 points were now separating the top two, with Muller who was still in mathematical contention up until Race 2 now being out as well.

small_103.jpg

And what better way for a final showdown than have Michelisz on pole and Guerrieri in 2nd? This started the most epic finale in a season we probably haven't seen since Brazil 2008 in Formula 1. Guerrieri needs to win and hope Michelisz doesn't get on the podium. With another brilliant start, Guerrieri jumps Michelisz on the line, and shortly after a furious 4-way battle begins for the lead that lasts multiple laps. Michelisz falls to 4th multiple times, Guerrieri mainly stays 1st but loses the virtual title on more than one occasion himself. I counted 6 times in which the title shifted from one driver to another, with some ridiculous scraps. Other than the title fight, the highlight was the most insane start of a race possibly ever seen in motorsport: Kristoffersson with his rallycross experience already had some mighty fine pace all weekend, but this time he started 22nd and he was 3rd by the end of sector 2. 19 positions gained in about a minute and a half. Simply unreal. I mean, what is there to say when THIS (see below) is the battle for the race win AND the title on the final race of the season?

0zENBft.jpg

Unfortunately, this didn't last until the end. A contact with Azcona dealt damage to Guerrieri's car, who ended up losing several spots and pace which pushed him out of the points. Michelisz finished 5th after many other scraps, but with Guerrieri outside of the points it hardly mattered anymore. Kristoffersson, on the other hand, pulled one hell of a victory starting 22nd, proving to be the absolute master of the treacherous conditions in Malaysia. So after a decade or so in the sport, Michelisz (who came from eSports) wins the title in the most epic finale in motorsport in quite some years probably. A well deserved title with 5 wins on 5 different tracks this season, but Guerrieri was equally deserving it for how hard he fought in this difficult weekend. His 9th to 1st in a minute and a half is gonna be shown in driver academies for a while I think, along with Kristoffersson's 22nd-to-3rd.

Michelisz.jpg

What a thrilling event this was. Been following WTCC/WTCR for about a decade now but this was by far the best this series has ever been. Bring in 2020!

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Another win for the AMR 95 in GTE Pro at the Bahrain WEC round. They now lead the championship.

The WEC round at Bahrain was quite eventful. COTA next time around!

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
WRC 2020 kicked off in monte carlo yesterday.

Friday morning, the reigning champ (ott tanak) ran into some problems...

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Nasty one for Garth Tander in the Audi.

Rooting for the 76 Aston Martin!

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Ryan Newman just had a horrible wreck at the end of the Daytona 500. I'm starting to fear he's dead.

Edit: They cut the roof off and finally got him out of the car, but the rescue crews were carrying around black screens so spectators in the stands couldn't see. It's not looking good for Newman.

Last edited:

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
Prayers for Newman. That's an ordinary crash until he got hit while upside down. Nascar revels in its wrecks and hopefully that changes. I don't know if the cars have been extraordinarily safe or what, but it's gross.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ryan Newman just had a horrible wreck at the end of the Daytona 500. I'm starting to fear he's dead.

Edit: They cut the roof off and finally got him out of the car, but the rescue crews were carrying around black screens so spectators in the stands couldn't see. It's not looking good for Newman.

Horrible crash. Seems like his conditions are serious but not life-threatening. Great news, all things considered.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/ryan-newman-daytona-crash-condition/4687224/

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, the new Toyota Corolla from the Brazilian Stock Car series looks f*ckin ace!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Top Gear and they have a great segment on Colin McRae. 25th anniversary of his 1995 WRC championship. Didn't realise he died 12-13 years ago, feels much more recent than that

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
The Qatar MotoGP race has officially been cancelled due to Corona Virus. What a bummer.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
oh no

RABZ6BS.jpg

listening to the announcers - "OHHHHH!..... (silence for 20 seconds)... resume regular race commentary"

=(

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm surprised the N24 has been delayed to September rather than cancelled, and WEC is deciding on LeMans next month.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Its not so much of a merger than a takeover.

DTM is dead in the water. Has been for a few years if we're all honest.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Lando has the same rig.

Anyway, was watching Nicki Thiim's stream yesterday - he and Aston Martin seem convinced that the 24hr LeMans will happen this year (but in September, meaning more darkness) and Aston will continue with full commitment with their WEC GT program.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
NASCAR is restarting their season on May 17.

Sun, May 17 Darlington Cup 400 mi FOX 3:30 PM

Tue, May 19 Darlington Xfinity 200 mi FS1 8:00 PM

Wed, May 20 Darlington Cup 500 km FS1 7:30 PM

Sun, May 24 Charlotte Cup 600 mi FOX 6:00 PM

Mon, May 25 Charlotte Xfinity 300 mi FS1 7:30 PM

Tue, May 26 Charlotte Gander Trucks 200 mi FS1 8:00 PM

Wed, May 27 Charlotte Cup 500 km FS1 8:00 PM

Double headers AND races in the middle of the week. This season is going to be weird as hell.

OP
OP
bobnowhere

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Bathurst 12hr and 1000 on the same weekend?

On. like. donkey. kong.

The 1000 is still in October, this one is a support race to the 12 hours. Probably a 250-300km race on Saturday?

BMaITDn.jpg

They cancelled the Gold Coast and Newcastle, too hard to have street circuits with no crowd and so to keep the TV heads happy, same number of races, they added two in 2021. Easy to partner with the GT3 mob.

OP
OP
bobnowhere

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Turns out NSW (Newcastle street race, Eastern Creek, Mt Panorama etc...) has to be the final race of the season by contract hence Bathurst in feb. An new season will probably start a few weeks later in Adelaide if everything is still going ok.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Good weekend for some former F1 drivers on the Brazilian Stock Car series. Ricardo Zonta (remember him?) got the pole and won an emotional first race at Goiânia, and Rubens Barrichello clinched race 2, with Piquet Jr. finishing in 2nd. Great weekend too for Toyota, for not only winning both races on their debut on the series, but also making a 1, 2, 3 on the race 2. Rubinho sure looks happy!

rubens-barrichello-em-goiania-.jpg

Oct 30, 2017
Some nasty crashes this week in MotoGP

Thankfully everyone seems to "OK" just bruises etc

And Valentino Rossi is lucky to be alive

Syahrin

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
So I joined the 2010's today and added an HDTV package which gives me CBSSN in the US which carries DTM.

DTM still has grid girls? ...in a pandemic?

but why.gif

Psychotext

Oct 30, 2017
Enjoyed the Dakar this year. Plenty of drama, loads of good footage.

All the stage highlights currently on Redbull TV to watch.