• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NinjaHound

Nov 5, 2017
Anyone else here into grassroots motorsport? I just sold my R32 GTR track car and moving into what is essentially an older v8 supercar. Just doing super sprints (time attack basically) but looking to get into endurance racing

OP
OP
bobnowhere

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
First of the new ZB Holden Commodore/Opels for the new year.

unnamed-1-1-640x410.jpg

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I wish I had the money to buy one of these or at least have a chance to drive it...

2018-Peugeot-3008DKR-Maxi-1.jpg

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
The New Ginetta G60-LT-P1 LMP1 car for Manor WEC 2018/19 Super Season has just been unveiled at today's Autosport Show 2018
26238821_1711725875550526_8920191847009587314_n.jpg

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Big fan of motorsport, love watching pros run laps (especially on Nurburgring). Has anyone ever driven on any of the famous tracks as a non-racer?

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Very sad. He had a great rookie year in the top class. However it doesnt surprise me that he has health issues - it's been a trend for him over his career.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've finally found the thread, couldn't locate it via the search engine. :)

So new WRC season has started and Ogier leads again. Meeke and Citroen must be furious to waste another chance for a good result (especially with Neuville also having a problem), Meeke already looked pretty depressed in the driver's press conference before the start of the rally.

Saften

Oct 26, 2017
The Rally Monte Carlo started yesterday, and with the code: WRC18ASI you can sign up for a free month of live coverage on WRC+.
I've watched a bit of the all-live-coverage. It used to be maybe 3-5 live stages with commentary per rally, but they are trying to have live coverage of the whole thing this season.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks but I have a rule not to give away my credit card credentials to any site. It's a shame that they've removed commentary from this year's youtube stage recaps, it's almost like they want to force people to sub to WRC+.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been watching this excellent video on the return of Toyota to WRC. Highly recommended.

OP
OP
bobnowhere

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
headerlogo.png

Bathurst 12 Hour this weekend.

Linky

28 GT3 cars split across Pro, Pro-Am and Am, a handful of older GT3 Porsches, GT4 and some wacky V8 Mazdas and Ford Focuses. 50+ Cars in total.

They lap about 2-3 seconds a lap faster than the V8s and are significantly faster across the top of the mountain. Conversely, they are slower in a straight line.

Live all of Sunday on 7mate in Australia and everyone else can watch the live stream here.

Will Davison spins twice just before Skyline without hitting anything ruining a perfectly good pair of trousers.

Last edited:

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Bathurst 12hrs - NismoTV

Seems that someone already binned it on the parade lap, all that preparation all for nothing, ouch!

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Gross stupidity from Chaz.

Terrible driving standards. Multiclass racing requires patience when dealing with traffic, lack of patience also cost the Audi R8 (2nd place at the time / couple hrs ago) trying to pass a slower car on the mountain section, going onto the marbles and collecting the wall.

OP
OP
bobnowhere

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
WalshInstagram.jpg

The injured, though fine, driver, Ash Walsh, of the Audi receiving his Am class trophy in Hospital. Jon Martin from the Merc. is fine as well, he was knocked out. The big one always happens at that part of the track near the end of a Bathurst race, both driver and car get tired and boom...

ODD

Oct 25, 2017

Jesus that final crash...

There was no yellow flags there?

Terrible driving standards. Multiclass racing requires patience when dealing with traffic, lack of patience also cost the Audi R8 (2nd place at the time / couple hrs ago) trying to pass a slower car on the mountain section, going onto the marbles and collecting the wall.
I was watching it for a few minutes and there was a green and yellow Porsche with the something something Grove at the door, and the driver was also a Grove (probably not a professional driver, just a rich man having fun), and Jesus Christ, in a matter of minutes the guy lost control at the last turn because he decided to brake beyond the sweet baby Jesus point and spun to the sand trap. He got back to the asphalt and tried to take the next turn at full racing speed and, of course, he spun again because his tires were full of sand. Minutes latter he hit the medical car. What the hell... how can this guy drive in an event like this?

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
I was watching it for a few minutes and there was a green and yellow Porsche with the something something Grove at the door, and the driver was also a Grove (probably not a professional driver, just a rich man having fun), and Jesus Christ, in a matter of minutes the guy lost control at the last turn because he decided to brake beyond the sweet baby Jesus point and spun to the sand trap. He got back to the asphalt and tried to take the next turn at full racing speed and, of course, he spun again because his tires were full of sand. Minutes latter he hit the medical car. What the hell... how can this guy drive in an event like this?

Yeah, that was some of the worst driving I've seen in a good while. Having complete amateur drivers (I hope he was an amateur) in events like this always makes me nervous, especially in multiclass racing, where the speed differences (and talent) can be quite significant.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
A question I have in my mind since Daytona: the Cadillacs are the best prototypes at IMSA. Other LMP2s can't seem to compete at the same level, like the Ligiers and Orecas. But on WEC the Orecas are the best cars, followed by the Ligiers. The Dallaras are way behind them. How come? I know that the DPis use custom front and rear bodyworks and a different engine. But is that all?

KimonoNoNo

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of race series are starting in the next couple of months; What's the one you are looking forward to most?

For me it's MotoGP, '17 was the most competitive I've ever seen and '18 looks set to follow.

Ocho

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is on the fence on MotoGP, Amazon has the documentary 'Hitting the Apex' on Prime. I'm looking forward to next season now.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought that that would happen to me, but I'm starting to feel interested in following Nascar. Well, today's race wasn't as good as it was Daytona, but...
I don't think I have the patience to watch the whole races yet (gosh, they're sooo long...) but I try to watch the starts, some bits and the ends of the races (and the mini races inside the races [I forgot how they call it]). I'ts... cool. =o

chuckddd

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to see what the new chassis does for Indycar; the reduced downforce is intriguing and it looks great.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to see what the new chassis does for Indycar; the reduced downforce is intriguing and it looks great.
Kanaan said that because of the lack of downforce the cars are eating the tires. I hope that this means more overtakes and not people just cruising around to save tires.