• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
Peter Hickman just won the main event at the TT - the Senior TT!

Insane last lap with a new absolute lap record 135.452 mph average (16:42:778)!

The TT is now the fastest road race in the world (previous Ulster GP).

John McGuiness was the first to do 130 mph in 2007 - and now the 135 mph barrier was broken just 11 years later. The TT course is closing in on Spa-Francorchamps all-time lap record of 137 mph.

Last edited:

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
That is mental. Amazing by Hickman.

It was only the other day the 134mph mark had been surpassed..

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
While we were discussing Le Mans, my friend linked me this vid on WRC Group B.

Which made me go and look for what made group B so special, which took me to this video.
Holy fuck, Group B was insanity!

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, I didn't think they could beat the all-time record. A new electric-cars-record, sure.

Impressive!

Volkswagen's Electric Car Just Broke The All-Time Record At Pike's Peak
https://jalopnik.com/volkswagens-electric-car-just-broke-the-all-time-record-1827087085

ypjp9onpvvvca8m0aybhdzjvx.jpg

Last edited:

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
^^^ tbh I'm not that shocked -- electrics should win at pike's peak, the elevation is too cruel for ice and diesel.

But that is not to lessen the achievement, theory and practice are different and it's cool as hell they pulled it off.

TJP

Oct 27, 2017
Why street circuits are fine in video games..but not in the real world unless you love shunts.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why street circuits are fine in video games..but not in the real world unless you love shunts.

The New York Grand Prix circuit is bloody horrid.

They apparently decided against using the streets in Central Park because some trees would have to be removed. A shame, because the Central Park circuit would have been a far better choice.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
On-board video. Looks unreal, footage is sped up surely... Amazing!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
An amazing time by an amazing car and driver, (congrats, Timo!). The onboard footage is genuinely, sphincter-clenchingly terrifying.

Averaging
nearly 150 mph-- not far off what the 919 did 'round Le Mans-- on the Nordschliefe is a stat to end most others.

Last edited:

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Great race at Mosport just now with the Weathertech Sportscar Challenge, but I think that the DPi teams wont be happy to be beaten again by an LMP2...

OP
OP
bobnowhere

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Road American Check!

Laguna Seca Check!

Portland Check? (Pancake flat but was always fun)

Cleveland Airport? Please! (Amazing track, didn't look great on camera but so wide and so many lines.)

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Road American Check!

Laguna Seca Check!

Portland Check? (Pancake flat but was always fun)

Cleveland Airport? Please! (Amazing track, didn't look great on camera but so wide and so many lines.)
I really wanted them to add Homestead Miami to replace Phoenix, since that track is close by, but that isn't looking likely. Oh well, you can't have 'em all.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
anyone watching rally finland?

i subbed for a month of WRC+ All Live to check it out and think i'm hooked for an annual sub. its pretty incredible to watch an entire rally live as it is happening and this weekend you can grab it for 30% off with code: FIN18